• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
While the first 2 are untouchable, I feel like Salvation and Genisys get unnecessary flack. Salvation may have not had the dark and gloomy aesthetic we've come to know from previous films, but it was still a pretty good movie. Genisys is no T2 but it's definitely more fun than 3.

Haha well honestly I was one of those who was really disappointed with the way Salvation turned out- so much so that it made me appreciate T3. I'm a fan of the darker, more serious apocalyptic route but that movie left a lot to be desired for me... I saw it only one time in the theaters- maybe I'll give it another chance though. Have yet to see Genisys but will probably have to now that I want to revisit this series.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I actually go one step further and prefer the smokey, dark aesthetic of T1 above the action of T2.
T2 is a fine action movie, but even the theatrical version slogs a bit.

T1 is stylish, brisk and to the point.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I actually go one step further and prefer the smokey, dark aesthetic of T1 above the action of T2.
T2 is a fine action movie, but even the theatrical version slogs a bit.

T1 is stylish, brisk and to the point.

I completely agree.
I love T2 up until they get Sarah Connor out of the institution, after that it drags out a bit in some parts.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Finished watching How to get away with murder a couple weeks ago and it was sooo good! It honestly just doesn't stop, there's always something happening and the way they weave together the stories and flashbacks is really clever. Can't wait for season 4!

I also went to see Spiderman yesterday and I thought it was great, I enjoyed it much more than the last marvel film I saw (Antman). I think the humour was very well done, I really liked all of the characters and the story was great. Far better than the amazing spiderman films, I haven't seen the originals in forever so I can't realy compare.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I just start watching Black Sails. Its an awesome TV series about Pirates. and to be honest for me story wise i think its much better than Game Of Thrones.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just watched/rented Ghost in the Shell, POS movie. Even looking past the oft-talked-about whitewashing (even though Scarlett Jo pulls off the Asian look better than anyone could've anticipated going in), there really wasn't much to salvage. Terrible pacing and story, and the action wasn't all that great, either. I'm glad I skipped it in theaters and waited for the Redbox.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the far superior anime, thankyouverymuch. Motoko Kusanagi is much more of a badass in it. And the right race.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Caught up on the new Planet of the Apes films a few weeks ago and recently saw War for the Planet of the Apes. Easily the best of the three and that's saying a lot because they have all been really good. I'm actually very surprised to say this, but this is hands down the best movie trilogy since The Dark Knight trilogy. These films were so much better than they had any right to be.

I've seen a lot of people complain about War for the Planet of the Apes not actually feeling like a war despite the film having war in the title and I don't get it. Were people expecting apes and humans to be shooting each other for 2 hours? What we got was so much better. It was very apparent that there was a war going on and we were able to see different sides of war than just the combat aspect. That's not to say there isn't action in the film, I think there's plenty, but it's also heavily character driven and suspenseful. The way it also ties into the original film or at least their version of the original film, if they ever decide to go there (which I hope they do), is very genius.

Also saw Atomic Blonde a couple of days ago. I thought it was really good. Maybe not quite the female John Wick film people were expecting, it was actually much more James Bond, though possibly more grounded and darker. Though, the action was very good, especially the long one-shot stairway fight scene (wonder where they got that from...). Also, the film has a great sense of style with its amazing soundtrack, which like Guardians of the Galaxy, plays into the film quite often.

Last edited:

BioLence

This is what happens when you jerk around too much. These 2 cops are lucky to be alive.

This happened on friday. You see both the suspect and the officers made bad decissions. Suspect should have surrendered immediately and the officers should have tased him the moment they saw how sketchy the situation was. See how the suspect goes "I haven't done anything man, come on" with an innocent kid like voice?. He actually shot at another cop 2 days before this happened.

Last edited:

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Watching a friend play Rise of the Tomb Raider Starter Bow Only No Upgrades/Skills on Extreme Survivor

Rain611

You can't kill me.
American Horror Story Asylum. I watched the first season yesterday and will probably finish Asylum today and then it's on to season 3. I remember watching it years ago when season 1 was aired on tv and thinking that it was way too weird, even for me. But with all the news circling around regarding controversial casting decisions for the upcoming season (and also having to find something new to watch on netflix), I decided I would give it another shot.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
American Horror Story Asylum. I watched the first season yesterday and will probably finish Asylum today and then it's on to season 3. I remember watching it years ago when season 1 was aired on tv and thinking that it was way too weird, even for me. But with all the news circling around regarding controversial casting decisions for the upcoming season (and also having to find something new to watch on netflix), I decided I would give it another shot.
I love American Horror Story. Evan Peters, mmm.

HookerZombie

Yeah I never liked American Horror Story. Normally I like dark and twisted comedies (Sweeney Todd is one of my favorite movies of all time) but American Horror story feels way too mean spirited for my taste. I didn't like the part where the girl got gang raped and drugged by the circus freaks in Freakshow for making an insensitive comment about the conjoined sisters and then the circus ringleader gave the speech about the normal people outside the tent being the real monsters. I think that's what turned me away from the show.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
^ I haven't even gotten to Freakshow yet... lol. Spoiler alerts might've been nice. But yea, it's pretty brutal which is why I stopped watching it the first time. My husband even thinks it's weird and put offish and he's got the same kind of gritty taste is media as I have sometimes (I liked the Saw movies for example, or the first few anyway, after that it got really stale, while at the same time I can't stand Hostel). I suppose it's the sort of thing I need to be in the mood for, I don't know. I'm not really investing myself in the show the same way I usually do though, which is probably why I can actually stomach it right now. If I allowed myself to get too invested in story or character I probably would've stopped watching it halfway through the first season all over again lol.

HookerZombie

^ I haven't even gotten to Freakshow yet... lol. Spoiler alerts might've been nice. But yea, it's pretty brutal which is why I stopped watching it the first time. My husband even thinks it's weird and put offish and he's got the same kind of gritty taste is media as I have sometimes (I liked the Saw movies for example, or the first few anyway, after that it got really stale, while at the same time I can't stand Hostel). I suppose it's the sort of thing I need to be in the mood for, I don't know. I'm not really investing myself in the show the same way I usually do though, which is probably why I can actually stomach it right now. If I allowed myself to get too invested in story or character I probably would've stopped watching it halfway through the first season all over again lol.

Lol sorry about that i should have added a spoilers tag. But yeah the show can get pretty brutal even for people who like dark humor. I like stuff that's dark and gritty but not too mean-spirited. I want to actually like and care about the characters I'm watching. :p

KevinStriker

Got my movie collection back, yaaaaay
So I watched Dawn Of The Dead.

11836Dawn_of_the_Dead.jpg

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Lol sorry about that i should have added a spoilers tag. But yeah the show can get pretty brutal even for people who like dark humor. I like stuff that's dark and gritty but not too mean-spirited. I want to actually like and care about the characters I'm watching. :p

I totally understand. I prefer character driven stories as an amateur writer myself. Sometimes it's just better to distance oneself a bit, especially when you're an empath like me :3

Kudos Kevin for watching the original Dawn of the Dead.

KevinStriker

Kudos Kevin for watching the original Dawn of the Dead.

A shame it's so hard to find, let alone at a decent price.
It's basically being held hostage by the rights holder because they want so much money to license it for DVD and Blu-ray again.

Top Bottom