• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Rain611

You can't kill me.
CT (truly random lol) :

Do most people eat until they're full or until they aren't hungry anymore?

A little backstory: I have very bad stomach ulcers for which I take maintenance medicine and there are lots of things I need to keep in mind such as diet (the obvious, no grease/fat, no dairy, mild salt/sugar intake), what time of day I eat (I absolutely cannot under any circumstances lay down/sleep within 2 hours of a meal and so I have to plan dinners accordingly.), and how much I eat. Over the years I've become pretty aware of how much I eat and how full my stomach is, and since I risk reopening my ulcers of I eat too much or too fast, I've come to find the feeling of being full very uncomfortable.

So yea. I don't eat until I'm full. Do you?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am not a good person to ask about food and eating habits.

I never feel full until I am too full. I should eat slower and a lot less. Luckily, I work out enough to ensure I don't get too out of control. haha.

But a lot of people with dietary restrictions do note their sense of fulfillment I have noticed.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I am not a good person to ask about food and eating habits.

I never feel full until I am too full. I should eat slower and a lot less. Luckily, I work out enough to ensure I don't get too out of control. haha.

But a lot of people with dietary restrictions do note their sense of fulfillment I have noticed.
Yeah, the human brain is actually REALLY bad about telling the body it's full. That's definitely not just a you thing. I'm typing this immediately after eating my 6th slice of pizza because apparently there's a Ninja Turtle in my gullet that needs satiated.

CT
First I came for Disney. Hatred and anger consumed me, and I let the world of REN know…Which ended in Disney receiving a full hate boner blast from my Pop Culture Malice Death Beam, joined by @Turo602 . A war on two fronts... And I felt so good. So accomplished. While it may not have been enough to bring down the Mouse Eared Monster, it was enough for me to be satisfied that I got my shot in. But now…Now My sights are on another Target…

Sega…I choose you to be the next victim of my vitriol. The casualty of my cacophony. The sacrifice for my sarcasm. And do you know why I choose you Sega? I assure you, it has nothing to do with the fact that I stayed up all night drinking and watching videos about the glory days of Sonic the Hedgehog. No…That isn’t it at all. Oh wait…Yes it is!

Take my hand. Let’s skip down memory lane together as we reminisce about the time’s before you were bent over the coffee table, letting Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft Cast their Dreams all up inside you. Was that sentence haunting? It should have been. I mean, how do you even take yourself seriously with anything you’ve released in the Sonic franchise post Sonic Heroes. And let’s be honest, I’m the only person here that actually likes that game, so I’m being really lenient with even that. Sonic 06? Yeah, everyone’s bitched about that enough that at this point it’s basically the video game industry’s holocaust. Sonic Forces? Nah…As garbage as it was, at least all the furries and Sonic fans got to jerk off to their own OC’s on screen next to their best pal for the first time, letting their Fan Fiction Fantasies come to life in a way that made their Nintendo Switch or PS4 need therapy and deep cleanse.

But you wanna know the bitch of the bunch Sega? All of this, all the console rape and character abuse, all the seven deadly sins of gaming that you have cast upon your audience, could all be forgiven if you’d just look back to what made you great when the Dreamcast drew it’s final breath. Like a life support patient smiling as it drifted off into the great unknown with little brother Play Station 2 being the one that pulled the plug. Your swan song was Sonic Adventure 2! Literally, the game that would go on to be ported to the Gamecube and become the single highest non Nintendo grossing game on the console. I mean, you beat out Resident Evil 4 for god’s sake! And to let the series end there. To move back to childish stories like we see in Sonic Lost world, and Gimmicky play styles like giving us guns in Shadow the Hedgehog. Instead of trying to be new and inventive to rack in the chili dogs, why don’t you just do what you know works? Leave being inventive to Nintendo. Ya know…Someone COMPETENT. Nowadays you know what Sega means to me? Such Egotistical Gaming Assholes. That’s what you’ve become to me Sega. Now, forgive me for returning my copy of Sonic Forces to my local game store. I’m gonna go play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on my Raspberry Pi.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Sonic Lost World was actually really good, seriously underrated and the best Sonic has ever controlled in a 3D environment. Colors and Generations were pretty good too, but I'm personally over the whole boost formula gameplay, especially if Sonic Forces is anything to go by... But I don't think Sonic has been as terrible as he was in the dark days for a long time now, which all started with the Adventure games.

The Sonic levels were solid, they got that sh*t down right. The camera and gameplay was still a little clunky, but nothing game breaking. It's a solid transition to 3D but... holy sh*t if it wasn't cringey as hell. The super serious stories about these anthropomorphic animals who now coexist with humans, the horrendous music, and the unnecessary characters and playstyles. It was furry overload, and I'm glad they toned it down and went back to simple storytelling, though, it doesn't quite have the same universal appeal that Mario does as it can be very childish with the cringe humor and dialogue that you know was purposely done to be kid friendly.

But the quality of the games hasn't been too bad these days, but they're also not amazing either, with Sonic Mania being the only exception. But seriously, why does Sega always have a hard time making a Sonic game long? They always have some padding with other characters and playstyles because they struggle to create traditional Sonic levels. Worst of all, Sonic has never looked as good as he did back in Sonic Unleashed, which I believe was the last triple A Sonic game. So it's obvious Sega has given up on him. I knew sh*t was bad when Forces launched at a $40 price point and holy f*ck was that game mediocre. How the f*ck did we go to remembering why the world loved Sonic with Sonic Mania to the sh*tstain that was Sonic Forces in a matter of 3 months? It's clear now who Sega is trying to cater to with the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, and that's kids... really dumb and cringey kids.

In a world where people are high on Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon again, and continue to love Mario, it's disappointing to see Sonic continue to be such a joke. This whole generation has come and will be gone soon, and all Sega managed to fart out was Sonic Forces.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Let me just say, obviously most of this is going to be personal opinion, so I'll detail where I agree and disagree, but not necessarily that I think your preference is "Wrong."

Sonic Lost World was actually really good, seriously underrated and the best Sonic has ever controlled in a 3D environment.
It did control really well. I'll give you that. But it felt like it wanted to be Mario Galaxy so bad...It lacked the spark of "Sonic," and just felt like an obligation title for a Nintendo console with no originality.

Colors and Generations were pretty good too, but I'm personally over the whole boost formula gameplay, especially if Sonic Forces is anything to go by... But I don't think Sonic has been as terrible as he was in the dark days for a long time now, which all started with the Adventure games.
Colors was supremely fun, but I don't remember ANY of the story aside from...Aliens? Like, I know Sonic has never been a series about story telling Masterpieces, but if I can't remember any of the story, I'd say there's somewhat of an issue. As for Generations, I love Generations, but it's a glorified "Greatest Hits" album. When talking about The Beatles best album, we're gonna say things like "Meet the Beatles," "Abbey Road," or "The White Album." No one's gonna say "Greatest Hits." So that one, at least for me, kind of exists in it's own world. It was fan service done right, but fan service nonetheless.

The Sonic levels were solid, they got that sh*t down right. The camera and gameplay was still a little clunky, but nothing game breaking. It's a solid transition to 3D but... holy sh*t if it wasn't cringey as hell. The super serious stories about these anthropomorphic animals who now coexist with humans, the horrendous music, and the unnecessary characters and playstyles. It was furry overload, and I'm glad they toned it down and went back to simple storytelling, though, it doesn't quite have the same universal appeal that Mario does as it can be very childish with the cringe humor and dialogue that you know was purposely done to be kid friendly.
Here's a lot of where we are probably going to disagree. I know the Adventure series is divisive among fans...and I'm firmly on the "Stand with Adventure Games" team. I mean, my favorite video game of all time is the original Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure. And you're totally right. THe level design was Sonic through and through. Yeah, the camera was a little wonky at times, but it was 98. This was uncharted territory. And it never stopped me from beating the games even as a child. Here's where the disagreement starts. I love the "cringey" stories. I actually think Sonic worked well with the more serious tone. You can make anything sound dumb with a sentence like "The super serious stories about these anthropomorphic animals." Watch, I'll do One Piece. Show about a pirate made of rubber who can also turn into a gorilla trying to find a huge treasure. In that context the show sounds stupid. But there's a lot more to it than that.

Also, I love the music. The Crush 40 rock music at this point is a STAPLE in a Sonic game for me. Not that other artists are bad. I loved Endless Possibility by Jaret Reddick, and Fist Bump is probably the best part of Sonic Forces (Which says a lot, but Crush 40 is still the perfect band to encapsulate Sonic in my opinion. And even the songs that aren't Crush 40, just the game background music, complitments their accompanying levels so well.

As for unnecessary characters and playstyles. I agree and disagree. The only one really unnecessary to me in the original was Big the Cat. But...That was done mostly to show of the Dreamcasts water physics. Still dumb to include in a Sonic game, but I get why they did it. Everyone else I feel fit right in, and made a whole complete and unique Sonic experience. SA2 is the same. There's only one thing unnecessary, and that's Tails being in the f*cking mech the whole game. It completely takes away of what makes Tails TAILS.

But the quality of the games hasn't been too bad these days, but they're also not amazing either, with Sonic Mania being the only exception. But seriously, why does Sega always have a hard time making a Sonic game long? They always have some padding with other characters and playstyles because they struggle to create traditional Sonic levels. Worst of all, Sonic has never looked as good as he did back in Sonic Unleashed, which I believe was the last triple A Sonic game. So it's obvious Sega has given up on him. I knew sh*t was bad when Forces launched at a $40 price point and holy f*ck was that game mediocre. How the f*ck did we go to remembering why the world loved Sonic with Sonic Mania to the sh*tstain that was Sonic Forces in a matter of 3 months? It's clear now who Sega is trying to cater to with the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, and that's kids... really dumb and cringey kids.
And here we agree/disagree. You say the quality of the games hasn't been too bad these days. Hmm...That's debatable. Depends what you consider "These Days," and also what you mean when you talk about quality. Graphically? Gorgeous. Hell, even Sonic 06 is beautiful. Gameplay? Very hit or miss. Story? Almost always a miss. (Also, I agree, Sonic Mania is a HELLA exception). The quality may not be BAD. But it's definitely inconsistent. Which we can't say for other classic franchises like Mario, Zelda, or hell, even Resident Evil is more consistent than Sonic. And...That says something. In fact...The most "Sonic" feeling game nowadays?...Playing as Sonic in Smash Bros. Which is sad. IDK. Sonic Games have gotten too gimicky for me, with them always trying something new instead of going back to basics, and that's a problem. We don't need a werehog. We don't need to create our own characters. We don't need...um...whatever the malignant tumor on the Gamestop shelves called "Sonic Boom" was. Hell, if Sonic 06 was an actual finished product, it would have been great. Exactly what I still want from Sonic.

Anyway, feel free to tell me where you disagree lol

Turo602

The King of Kings
It did control really well. I'll give you that. But it felt like it wanted to be Mario Galaxy so bad...It lacked the spark of "Sonic," and just felt like an obligation title for a Nintendo console with no originality.

Colors was trying to be like Galaxy too, but that's honestly such a small takeaway from the games considering how different they are to Mario on a fundamental level. Both games are definitely flawed but they were both fun, polished, and a return to form in their own ways, while both being completely unique experiences that didn't rely on nostalgia, which Sonic seems to be all about these days.

As for Lost World, I thought it was a solid experience and a great break from the tired boost gameplay, and despite the level design being obviously inspired by Mario Galaxy, it honestly worked for Sonic. The classic games always had various paths you can take to complete levels, meaning no 2 playthroughs were the same and that's exactly what the cylindrical level design achieved. So while it copied Mario, it was still very Sonic and very refreshing for the time. I still think the game is underrated and overlooked, and I'd honestly rather see this style of Sonic revisited and expanded on instead of the mindless hold dash and do homing attacks gameplay.

Colors was supremely fun, but I don't remember ANY of the story aside from...Aliens? Like, I know Sonic has never been a series about story telling Masterpieces, but if I can't remember any of the story, I'd say there's somewhat of an issue.

Sonic 1 and 2 don't really have stories either and when it comes to Sonic, I'm not really here for the story, I want that Sonic gameplay first and foremost and I think that was exactly the point of Sonic Colors. It was kind of the start of a new era for Sonic where they weren't going to focus so much on convoluted stories, other characters, and different playstyles. It was doing away with all the conventions that were introduced in the Adventure games, because ultimately, that's where Sonic's downfall started.

As for Generations, I love Generations, but it's a glorified "Greatest Hits" album. When talking about The Beatles best album, we're gonna say things like "Meet the Beatles," "Abbey Road," or "The White Album." No one's gonna say "Greatest Hits." So that one, at least for me, kind of exists in it's own world. It was fan service done right, but fan service nonetheless.

Likening Generations to a Greatest Hits album doesn't really work for me. Greatest Hits albums usually consist of already existing tracks, and if Sonic Generations was simply ripping levels from each game in the series and letting you play them as they were, then I could agree, but that's not exactly what they did. It's still a totally unique game and let's be honest, nobody is ever gonna say Heroes, '06, Unleashed, or Forces before they say Generations.

Here's a lot of where we are probably going to disagree. I know the Adventure series is divisive among fans...and I'm firmly on the "Stand with Adventure Games" team. I mean, my favorite video game of all time is the original Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure. And you're totally right. THe level design was Sonic through and through. Yeah, the camera was a little wonky at times, but it was 98. This was uncharted territory. And it never stopped me from beating the games even as a child.

I grew up on the classic Genesis Sonic games but I also got to experience the Adventure games on Gamecube and I really enjoyed them. But specifically, I enjoyed the Sonic/Shadow levels. Those were always the levels I kept going back to and I honestly wish we'd see a return to this kind of gameplay with a modern polish and without all the unnecessary sh*t that plagued this era of Sonic games. Just back to basics 3D Sonic gameplay.

Here's where the disagreement starts. I love the "cringey" stories. I actually think Sonic worked well with the more serious tone. You can make anything sound dumb with a sentence like "The super serious stories about these anthropomorphic animals." Watch, I'll do One Piece. Show about a pirate made of rubber who can also turn into a gorilla trying to find a huge treasure. In that context the show sounds stupid. But there's a lot more to it than that.

There's a huge difference between those 2 things though, and that's its execution. I could describe Ninja Turtles to someone and make it sound awful, but then I could show them the comics, 1990 film, or the 2003 cartoon and they'll see the charm of it because it's being executed well. Sonic Adventure on the other hand... those awful animations, terrible dialogue, awkward pauses, and terrible music... It's awful and such a far cry from the Genesis days.

However, I should elaborate on what I mean. There's nothing wrong with Sonic taking itself seriously. It's how serious, convoluted, and dark it was trying to be, what made it cringey and is also probably why the fanbase is so cringey too. Though admittedly, as a kid, there was some charm to it, but through adult eyes, holy hell it is terrible.

Rather than understand that the industry has far outgrew Sonic and Sonic was no longer the edgiest game in town, Sega kept trying to hold onto Sonic because it was their biggest IP, and foolishly tried to grow Sonic with the times, so that he can keep up with all the dark, realistic, and mature games that were coming onto the scene, and now that that has failed miserably, they've gone back to their roots and made things simple again. But it ain't exactly following Mario's universal appeal either...

The more they keep making these games, the more apparent it's becoming that we're no longer the demographic. Sega is truly stupid when it comes to this franchise because they know the series has the interest of people of all ages, yet they keep targeting children, specifically with how cringey the humor is, but the final nail in the coffin was Sonic Forces. For some stupid reason, they thought it was necessary to simplify the already simple gameplay for children, and with the whole gimmick being to create your own original character to have some psuedo love story fantasy about holding hands with Sonic, and the game being a budget title retailing at 40 dollars, yeah, this is a child's game. Sega has officially given up on Sonic.

Also, I love the music. The Crush 40 rock music at this point is a STAPLE in a Sonic game for me. Not that other artists are bad. I loved Endless Possibility by Jaret Reddick, and Fist Bump is probably the best part of Sonic Forces (Which says a lot, but Crush 40 is still the perfect band to encapsulate Sonic in my opinion. And even the songs that aren't Crush 40, just the game background music, complitments their accompanying levels so well.

I'm okay with Crush 40's music in the Adventure games. Anything after from them was meh aside from maybe All Hail Shadow and Sonic Heroes. I even enjoyed Zebrahead's His World in Sonic '06, but anything else with lyrics from the Adventure games and beyond... awful. I swear, it's so cringey and embarrassing to be caught listening to any of that garbage.

As for unnecessary characters and playstyles. I agree and disagree. The only one really unnecessary to me in the original was Big the Cat. But...That was done mostly to show of the Dreamcasts water physics. Still dumb to include in a Sonic game, but I get why they did it. Everyone else I feel fit right in, and made a whole complete and unique Sonic experience. SA2 is the same. There's only one thing unnecessary, and that's Tails being in the f*cking mech the whole game. It completely takes away of what makes Tails TAILS.

Knuckles being turned into a treasure hunter was awful, and not because the playstyle itself was terrible, but because it just doesn't belong in a Sonic game and it made playing as Knuckles uncool. And getting a double dose of that in the next game with Rouge was even more painful.

And that's basically how I feel about the rest of the characters and playstyles. It just doesn't belong in a Sonic game and it makes playing as certain characters lame. The Genesis games made alternate characters cool. You're still getting the core gameplay with each character, but they each have their own unique abilities that change how you progress through the levels. That's how it should be, or at the very least, they should have levels designed with their abilities in mind without the core gameplay changing so drastically.

And here we agree/disagree. You say the quality of the games hasn't been too bad these days. Hmm...That's debatable. Depends what you consider "These Days," and also what you mean when you talk about quality. Graphically? Gorgeous. Hell, even Sonic 06 is beautiful. Gameplay? Very hit or miss. Story? Almost always a miss. (Also, I agree, Sonic Mania is a HELLA exception). The quality may not be BAD. But it's definitely inconsistent. Which we can't say for other classic franchises like Mario, Zelda, or hell, even Resident Evil is more consistent than Sonic. And...That says something. In fact...The most "Sonic" feeling game nowadays?...Playing as Sonic in Smash Bros. Which is sad. IDK. Sonic Games have gotten too gimicky for me, with them always trying something new instead of going back to basics, and that's a problem. We don't need a werehog. We don't need to create our own characters. We don't need...um...whatever the malignant tumor on the Gamestop shelves called "Sonic Boom" was. Hell, if Sonic 06 was an actual finished product, it would have been great. Exactly what I still want from Sonic.

I mean post Sonic Unleashed. Sonic '06 and Unleashed were really the last triple A Sonic games despite how terrible they were and it shows. Every game after has been significantly shorter and quite honestly, graphically worse. But the games have actually maintained a consistent quality and have been a drastic improvement from the days of poor design, clunky gameplay, dumb stories, gimmick playstyles, and buggy messes. Even for as bad as Forces was, it wasn't exactly terrible, just extremely mediocre. I also don't count crap like the Boom series because that's not part of the main Sonic series, it's its own entirely new and separate thing.

Sonic being gimmicky isn't a new thing though, and it's why I've started to like the Adventure games less and less. There was no reason to tack on so many different playstyles in Sonic's first 3D outing. Get Sonic right first before you go experimenting. Sega has never understood this and this is why the Sonic games started to get progressively worse after the Adventure games. Rather than focus their efforts on improving Sonic's gameplay and adapting it well in 3D, they kept making new playstyles and adding more characters in each game and the entire product would suffer as a result.

Even with Sonic Unleashed, they reinvent Sonic in a new and interesting way that really showcases his speed, and rather than getting that down and making sure it's perfect, there's a Werehog now. I don't know why, but it seems like they've always had a hard time developing levels for Sonic that they always resort to filler content to add padding to the game, because ever since they removed all that crap and have focused solely on Sonic's gameplay, the games have been significantly shorter. Which isn't really a bad thing considering the games have been better since the change, but for some reason they wanted to regress with Sonic Forces. Sonic is just f*cked.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Colors was trying to be like Galaxy too, but that's honestly such a small takeaway from the games considering how different they are to Mario on a fundamental level. Both games are definitely flawed but they were both fun, polished, and a return to form in their own ways, while both being completely unique experiences that didn't rely on nostalgia, which Sonic seems to be all about these days.

As for Lost World, I thought it was a solid experience and a great break from the tired boost gameplay, and despite the level design being obviously inspired by Mario Galaxy, it honestly worked for Sonic. The classic games always had various paths you can take to complete levels, meaning no 2 playthroughs were the same and that's exactly what the cylindrical level design achieved. So while it copied Mario, it was still very Sonic and very refreshing for the time. I still think the game is underrated and overlooked, and I'd honestly rather see this style of Sonic revisited and expanded on instead of the mindless hold dash and do homing attacks gameplay.
First lemme say, I agree quite a bit more now that you've elaborated on what you meant. And, I can even say Sonic Lost World did one particular thing BETTER than Mario Galaxy, which I can't believe I'm saying. Exploration. Mario Galaxy is actually incredibly linear. It's a course clear style Mario game. It just gave us an illusion of exploration because of the unpredictably of where he'd fly. But you're right...Much like in older Sonic games, the level design incentivized exploration and more skillful gameplay to get through the levels. Too bad the bad guys were such gross ass eye sores.

Likening Generations to a Greatest Hits album doesn't really work for me. Greatest Hits albums usually consist of already existing tracks, and if Sonic Generations was simply ripping levels from each game in the series and letting you play them as they were, then I could agree, but that's not exactly what they did. It's still a totally unique game and let's be honest, nobody is ever gonna say Heroes, '06, Unleashed, or Forces before they say Generations.
Ok, I'll give you that too. It's a greatest hits, but like if the band went in and remastered and re-recorded every song to give us a consistent album of already known songs. So it's still not a "New" album, but it's a fresher album. And frankly, you're right. It definitely did make enough changes to be considered it's own game, what with swapping through 2D and 3D versions of existing levels. The Hub worlds a little boring, and the plot is...Attempted...But gameplay and aesthetics wise, it's probably the single best 3D Sonic experience since the adventure games. And if I ever do say "Heroes" before I say "Generations" I'd have to admit it was nostalgia talking, and not quality.

I grew up on the classic Genesis Sonic games but I also got to experience the Adventure games on Gamecube and I really enjoyed them. But specifically, I enjoyed the Sonic/Shadow levels. Those were always the levels I kept going back to and I honestly wish we'd see a return to this kind of gameplay with a modern polish and without all the unnecessary sh*t that plagued this era of Sonic games. Just back to basics 3D Sonic gameplay.

There's a huge difference between those 2 things though, and that's its execution. I could describe Ninja Turtles to someone and make it sound awful, but then I could show them the comics, 1990 film, or the 2003 cartoon and they'll see the charm of it because it's being executed well. Sonic Adventure on the other hand... those awful animations, terrible dialogue, awkward pauses, and terrible music... It's awful and such a far cry from the Genesis days.

However, I should elaborate on what I mean. There's nothing wrong with Sonic taking itself seriously. It's how serious, convoluted, and dark it was trying to be, what made it cringey and is also probably why the fanbase is so cringey too. Though admittedly, as a kid, there was some charm to it, but through adult eyes, holy hell it is terrible.
Here is where I think you elaborated the most, and made me get your point a bit better. So basically, if the execution of how serious the adventure games were was done better, they wouldn't be "Cringey" to this day? That, I agree with. I actually recently got my friend to play Sonic Adventure for the first time, because his only real experience with Sonic as a whole, was Sonic Advance. I found myself warning him before hand "Look, the games a blast, but when they talk...Remember this game is from the 90's." And if the execution was solid, despite how (In my opinion) well written the story was, I wouldn't have been compelled to say that. So, while I enjoy the cringe factor, it's because I enjoy the cringe factor of 80's english dubbed anime. There's no way in hell it's objectively good, and I totally get that. I just enjoy the charm of it being bad. Nowadays...You can't really have that in a game. Especially one was well known as Sonic. In the event these games are remade, I think these changes would be made, and we'd see the story as it looks on paper, rather than how it was executed.

As for the Gameplay styles and their execution. I agree and disagree again, but because of what you said, I understand better, so have more to offer. Sonic and Shadow, yeah, you're right, don't fix what isn't broken. But..Polish it. Tails (In Adventure. Not that garbage Mech crap), was also a ok in my book, Reminded me of playing as him in Sonic 3. His flying felt good. His levels were fast. His story was a nice, coming of age story. Tails was just as solid as Sonic. Knuckles...Was different, but I liked it. It followed the established lore. Making his gameplay about finding emerald shards fit in with his established character as a treasure hunter, which had been mentioned as part of his character before, and even was what he was up to in the AWESOME "Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie" from 1996. So it worked for the story, the exploration was fun, and it gave us a break from the speed based gameplay. Everyone else is...where it falls apart. I think Gamma's story is the least cringey of any part of the game. They tackled him being able to overcome his programming, gain a sense of right vs. wrong, saving (killing) his family, and eventually himself, really well. Hell, even gameplay wise I don't have TOO many gripes. The gunplay was simple and fun. And the gimmick of a clock counting down instead of up, and shooting to gain time, was interesting and kept you on your toes. However...Everything that made Gamma great, was stripped from the gameplay in SA2 with the gimmick of "Play as Robotnick...For the FIRST TIME!" and I...I just didn't give a sh*t. It was a cool unique idea for one game. But leave it in that one game, as a testament of something well done, but unnecessary. Big...Yeah f*ck that. We don't need that in a Sonic game. BUT, if the game were to get remade, leave it in, because it's still part of the experience, and I don't want less content in my Sonic game if it's a remake. And then...then there's Amy. Arguably worse than Big, but because she had potential. First, I'll say it, I love Amy as a character. She's kinda bitchy, whinny, entitled, and can't back any of it up...but there's still something about her I like. But A. She's too slow. And B. Always running away from the robot went from uinearving to annoying in about a level and a half. Thank God her story is only 3 levels. If they'd have made her stages, like Sonic stages. Made them speed based, but designed the levels around exploration with her Piko Piko hammer, I think we would have had a far better Amy experience.

I'm okay with Crush 40's music in the Adventure games. Anything after from them was meh aside from maybe All Hail Shadow and Sonic Heroes. I even enjoyed Zebrahead's His World in Sonic '06, but anything else with lyrics from the Adventure games and beyond... awful. I swear, it's so cringey and embarrassing to be caught listening to any of that garbage.
I kinda get what you mean here...I often listen to Music YouTubers like Natewantstobattle and Jonathan Young, and they have versions of all the sh*tty cringey post Sonic Adventure music, that I genuinely like better. Showing the music had potential, but was squandered somewhere along the line. Jun Senoue is actually one of my favorite guitar players of all time, because his style is so...unique. IDK if you play guitar or not, but he blends the Japanese technical style, that far outclasses the normal American stye with the 80's hair metal style of guitarists like Slash and Randy Rhodes. It's a brilliant playstyle. But lyrically is where I usually end up having issues. Not musically. But, I'll stand by Endless Possibility from Sonic Unleashed until the day I die because Bowling for Soup is my favorite band.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I miss going to school. It is one of my top 10 actual night time sleeping dreams where I am going to high school and the place is super unique. But I never know what class to go to next. And I lost my syllabus. Every time. So I wander the architecture my creepy ass mind has built.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Amazon Prime, we need to have a talk.
- No -hey, you sit down there! We’re…we’re talking. Me and you. We uh, we got some probs. Look at my completed anime list Amazon. Look at it! Ya notice anything about it? Yeah, mostly older stuff. 98 and before. Wanna know what word I didn’t just use to describe it? Classic. Ya can’t just throw the word “Classic” into any description of an anime from 98 or before. I see you Amazon I know you’re doing it. Just cause somethings old doesn’t make it classic. “Hey! Paul! Buddy, come over here! Check out this classic book I just read! It’s called Mein Kampf!” Yeah, see…see how that, doesn’t uh…doesn’t ALWAYS work Amazon. Cozy up to your buddy Google. He’s practically a dictionary. I’m sure he can teach you some better words to use.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: So, Frozen II might be getting a PG-13 rating in the US... Oh dear! Who is getting killed off, Disney? Olaf maybe, screaming in agony while purple flames melt his snow body away? Okay, probably not, but... I really wonder what's going to be so "dark" about this movie that it's not for little kids anymore, and I hope it has nothing to do with the rumours about Elsa being a lesbian.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
CT: So, Frozen II might be getting a PG-13 rating in the US... Oh dear! Who is getting killed off, Disney? Olaf maybe, screaming in agony while purple flames melt his snow body away? Okay, probably not, but... I really wonder what's going to be so "dark" about this movie that it's not for little kids anymore, and I hope it has nothing to do with the rumours about Elsa being a lesbian.
I've always been in the "Tangled is the superior movie" camp, as well as the "Dark and gritty doesn't make it better" camp, so these are two things that I'm already pretty against. I probably won't end up seeing it, but I can't wait until others talk about it so I can see if I was correct in my disdain for the movie before it's release.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I've always been in the "Tangled is the superior movie" camp ...

I keep hearing/reading this, but why do we have to set up those "camps" in the first place? Can't we just like both? Tangled doesn't speak to me as much as Frozen, but I like it too.

... as well as the "Dark and gritty doesn't make it better" camp, so these are two things that I'm already pretty against.

What's the second one?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm indifferent about Frozen II getting a PG-13 rating. Yeah, from one perspective I can see why it can be a negative. But let's be real, Frozen was huge for little girls and from their perspective, it's gonna feel like the series is growing with them as those girls who loved Frozen back in 2013 will be 13 or older by now. The trailers have certainly given me more serious and darker vibes, so who knows, this could very well be viewed as the Empire Strikes Back for this generation of young girls. Or was that supposed to be The Last Jedi? The Force is female after all...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom