• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I keep hearing/reading this, but why do we have to set up those "camps" in the first place? Can't we just like both? Tangled doesn't speak to me as much as Frozen, but I like it too.
And we have these camps because A, it's fun for fandoms to argue. Star Wars vs. Star Trek has shown us this for 40 ish years. And also, these camps exist because it's good for franchise. People are constantly talking about it, keep it alive, which means merch gets bought, which means studio decides to make more. And Tangled should get a sequel over Frozen...

What's the second one?
The 2nd reason? Oh, that Frozen isn't actually good.

I'm indifferent about Frozen II getting a PG-13 rating. Yeah, from one perspective I can see why it can be a negative. But let's be real, Frozen was huge for little girls and from their perspective, it's gonna feel like the series is growing with them as those girls who loved Frozen back in 2013 will be 13 or older by now. The trailers have certainly given me more serious and darker vibes, so who knows, this could very well be viewed as the Empire Strikes Back for this generation of young girls. Or was that supposed to be The Last Jedi? The Force is female after all...:rolleyes:
You do make a good point about them growing with the audience. That's super great for a franchise to do, and the comparison to Empire drives that point home. But dark gritty for the sake of dark and gritty is the norm now, and it's really dumb lol

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hiya.

Frozen? ..... I should not say this having a snowman as avatar, but Frozen is pretty bad. :razz:
/troll

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Frozen has its ups and downs. Idina Menzel has an insane voice though and it was fun for sure. Frozen will be the memory of childhood a lot of 2010 babies hold for their lives.

My LEAST favorite KHIII level though for sure. haha

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I've always been in the "Tangled is the superior movie" camp, as well as the "Dark and gritty doesn't make it better" camp, so these are two things that I'm already pretty against. I probably won't end up seeing it, but I can't wait until others talk about it so I can see if I was correct in my disdain for the movie before it's release.

I thought Tangled was kind of boring, at least compared to Frozen. Then again I love Brave the most and I know that it’s not the most popular newer Disney princess movie. Merida’s my girl though and the story and setting resonates with me more.

CT: Glad to see this site is still alive! Hope you’re all doing well. Had a lot going on for a good few months there and soon will have even more with grad school starting next week!

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Unpopular opinion - The Wreck It Ralph Films have been my favorite among the current Disney projects. The comedy appeals to men my age (32), young kids, teens, tweens, and everything in between.

But How To Train Your Dragon has been my favorite kids franchise in recent years. I took my nephew to HTTYD2 and HTTYD3 and loved both in their story and overall quality.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I thought Tangled was kind of boring, at least compared to Frozen. Then again I love Brave the most and I know that it’s not the most popular newer Disney princess movie. Merida’s my girl though and the story and setting resonates with me more.

CT: Glad to see this site is still alive! Hope you’re all doing well. Had a lot going on for a good few months there and soon will have even more with grad school starting next week!
Unpopular opinion - The Wreck It Ralph Films have been my favorite among the current Disney projects. The comedy appeals to men my age (32), young kids, teens, tweens, and everything in between.

But How To Train Your Dragon has been my favorite kids franchise in recent years. I took my nephew to HTTYD2 and HTTYD3 and loved both in their story and overall quality.
Wow...All kinds of movies I haven't seen in this thread lol. I haven't seen Brave, any of the How to Train you Dragon films, or Wreck-It Ralph 2. Now, That last one, I actually don't want to see. I liked Wreck-It Ralph, but I don't think they'll capture that magic a second time around. Not only that, but it's called "Breaks the Internet" and I wouldn't be near as savvy with internet references as I would old school video game ones.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member

Haven't seen the Wreck it Ralph films but I do love HtTYD! Saw the first one and thought it was adorable, need to watch the sequels still.

Wow...All kinds of movies I haven't seen in this thread lol. I haven't seen Brave, any of the How to Train you Dragon films, or Wreck-It Ralph 2. Now, That last one, I actually don't want to see. I liked Wreck-It Ralph, but I don't think they'll capture that magic a second time around. Not only that, but it's called "Breaks the Internet" and I wouldn't be near as savvy with internet references as I would old school video game ones.
I'd say check out Brave and at least the first How to Train Your Dragon movie. They're enjoyable!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'd say check out Brave and at least the first How to Train Your Dragon movie. They're enjoyable!
From what little I've seen of Brave, like the commercials back when it was being advertised 5 years ago or whatever, it looked great. IDK why I never saw it. You don't get cooler than Scottish princess wanting to be a badass instead of a prissy queen. Ya know what...I may watch this tonight. I'll post my thoughts after lol.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium

I loved Brave as well, definitely an underrated movie.

So good to see you back! :smile:

CT: I've been super busy lately. I'm bridesmaid for one of my best friends and we had her bachelorette party (or hen party, as it's called in the UK) last weekend. I helped organise everything with the mother of the bride and the other bridesmaid.

The other bridesmaid is super annoying. You know when people talk about women becoming bridezilla when they get married? This girl is bridesmaidzilla. She's only known my friend ten months and is literally taking over everything like it's her event, and not letting anyone else get a look in.

She annoyed me all through the planning because she made me feel like I under-contributed. I worried that they'd be talking behind my back saying I wasn't doing enough.

So when bridesmaidzilla took over the entire hen party and made it all about her... is it bad that I kind of giggled evilly to myself when the mother of the bride told me she hated her? :lol:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I loved Brave as well, definitely an underrated movie.

So good to see you back! :smile:

CT: I've been super busy lately. I'm bridesmaid for one of my best friends and we had her bachelorette party (or hen party, as it's called in the UK) last weekend. I helped organise everything with the mother of the bride and the other bridesmaid.

The other bridesmaid is super annoying. You know when people talk about women becoming bridezilla when they get married? This girl is bridesmaidzilla. She's only known my friend ten months and is literally taking over everything like it's her event, and not letting anyone else get a look in.

She annoyed me all through the planning because she made me feel like I under-contributed. I worried that they'd be talking behind my back saying I wasn't doing enough.

So when bridesmaidzilla took over the entire hen party and made it all about her... is it bad that I kind of giggled evilly to myself when the mother of the bride told me she hated her? :lol:

Nope, giggle away! Haha

That sounds very annoying, makes me think of the movie Bridesmaids! She probably felt threatened by you and your friendship with the bride and how much work you were putting in that she was trying, in her own petty way, to outshine you. At least the bride’s mom told you she hates her, I’m sure she will say something to her daughter at some point once the wedding is all said and done.

Thank you! I’m very happy to see you around these parts!

Funny enough I’m a bridesmaid for my cousin’s wedding too. So far there aren’t any issues but then again I’m not the planning type. Thankfully she has her maid of honor doing the bridal shower planning and bachelorette planning. But I’ll gladly be there in support and help where I can :razz:

Reactions: Jen

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Must be nice. I get up no later than 6 to get to college on time and the. Have to work in the evenings. Luckily I get Sundays off to sleep in.
If I can get away with it, I don't like getting up before 8...on a school day I have to be up by 7 but when I don't have to be anywhere, the later the better.

I've never been an early morning person. Or indeed any time in the morning person.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am 32.5 and I am slowly becoming a morning person. It is not a good look.

Sometimes, for no reason, after only 6 hours of sleep - I'll just be awake. I try to sleep. But the dogs needs to be walked. And my PS4 is looking so tasty. So, I just start the day. Other times, I try to fall asleep and wake up after ANOTHER 6 hours.

The old me and new me are fighting for control.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I’ve always been a morning person and, as long as I’m not going to work, I’m usually in a good mood as I get to start my day off at my own pace. :p

For work though I have to start my days off pretty early. If I go to the gym then I have to be up by 4:30 to make sure I have time to do everything else before work. If I skip the gym and workout at home then it’s 5- 5:30 wake up instead.

Luckily I’ve transferred to a closer location, so now my commute is anywhere between 30 and 45 minutes as opposed to the 1 to 2 hour commute I had before.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I have wondered if I didn't have a sleep disorder and RLS whether I'd be better with mornings - my parents are both early risers who could never understand why I struggled to drag myself out of bed before lunch on a good day. My sister has ADHD so she manages on about 6 hours a night, studies full time and also has a job too - I, on the other hand, have not felt awake and alert in more than 20 years. Means I can't drive, work in any job more complex than manual labour type stuff...affects my memory and sometimes speech too. I actually cannot relate to that rested or refreshed feeling people talk about after "getting a good night's sleep", simply because I've not had one that I can recall.

On the plus side, I am much better at getting up than I used to be - as a teenager I would naturally wake up early afternoon. Once I'd had my second kid my body clock shifted to a more acceptable time of around 9, so I don't miss half a day by being asleep.

Top Bottom