• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
CT: About two or three weeks ago, my brother and I were playing music together for the first time in months (me on keyboard, him on guitar). As if that weren't good enough (he's been having a very rough time lately), I have a three-year-old autistic nephew living with me who is slowly learning how to respond to things, and this kid is as in love with music as someone who doesn't even grasp the concept can be! Naturally, as soon as he heard us start up, he came darting out to watch. In the nearly four years he's been alive, I believe I've only played piano for him once and he was a baby at the time. Since he's been mobile, he's only ever seen me play guitar.

Fast forward a week and there's an iPad mini commercial on that has two fingers playing a digital piano app. My nephew sees it, looks at me, then looks back at the TV. Then he runs over to me with a huge grin on his face and starts patting on the little table in front of me (where I put my portable keyboard when I play in the living room) and says "Keyboard! Keyboard!"

Every time that commercial has come on since, he points to me and smiles and says "keyboard."
I can't really describe the joy it makes me feel, but if you've ever dealt with an autistic child for an extended period of time, you'll know it for sure!

Apologies for rambling!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
CT: You all will be proud. I left a voicemail message saying it's over because he sent me a text asking if I was sick of him... I've never been so nervous in my life. I've now hidden my phone. lol.
It's better than SMS or email, but I think you should say it personally. Unless he really is a psycho and you have real reason to fear him.
Generally I think there is only one way to break up, and that is face to face. All other ways are for cowards and them who has no respect for the feelings of another human. This is generally, you can have reasons to make it unpersonalized. Like fear of violence.

Guys. Guys I left DMC.org. Like officially.

Guys. I now belong solely to REN. :eek:
I'm happy for us and sad for DMC.

Some Nights

No Shape
CT: To send or not so send.

edit: welp I sent it.
V2up2.gif

I am so awkward, the text was something along the lines of: "If you aren't busy today do you maybe want to go bowling, watch a movie, or something?" I'm cringing so bad right now.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
It's better than SMS or email, but I think you should say it personally. Unless he really is a psycho and you have real reason to fear him.
Generally I think there is only one way to break up, and that is face to face. All other ways are for cowards and them who has no respect for the feelings of another human. This is generally, you can have reasons to make it unpersonalized. Like fear of violence..

Since he lives an hour and a half away and I'd have to plan it (which would take a while because I'm in and out of town lately) and the fact he carries a concealed weapon on him. I think calling him was best. I would break up with a person IN person if they didn't carry a gun wherever they went though! Anyway it's officially kaput and I'm happy.

CT: Bigfoot exists, and he lives in my house, obnoxiously walking up and down the hallway where my bedroom is on a conference call. Bigfoot is my dad.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Don't be sad. :eek: They pushed me away. Also, I don't like to see you sad. :(
But I'm happy at the same time, didn't you see that? ;)
It is also a compliment when I say I'm sad for DMC. Be happy! XD

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
CT: Oh wow honey - I really want to critique your latest track but the only positive thing I can say about is burn it. Burn it now.

Also, where were you on Monday night? You have NO idea how much we needed another person in the sound-booth, mocking the other band members. Yes, I know it's a tad mean, but primary school children put together Christmas carols quicker than our lot do. It's embarrassing. And it probably didn't do me any favours that for most of the time I was either listening to Demon Hunter or chatting to Scott about all the things he did whilst drunk in the Army.

Some Nights

No Shape
I've been receiving constant mixed signals from pretty much everyone in my life recently and it's driving me insane. I'll make the effort to text/call someone but they won't answer or reply for a few a few hours (sometimes even days.) Yet other times they will reach out to me and pretty much have a panic attack or complain if I don't reply within 30 minutes. I really wish people would just say how they are feeling more often. If I am calling/texting you at the wrong time, too much, or even if you don't feel like talking just tell me. Please? I swear I won't feel too sad. Maybe I need to find new friends. :rolleyes:

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
CT: As a woman I do not understand why women are so damn crazy...

Friend: Get on skype!
Me: Okay let me finish lunch... gimme 30 mins. ;)
Friend: Okie dokie!

So I scarf down my food, make it home and to the computer in under 30 mins.

Me: I'm online! :D great timing too.
Friend:...... I'm at the mall now. You took too long, whatever. I don't need your advice anyway...
Me: Okay. /:

Why are women so moody?! Not all, but most... I don't get it.

Top Bottom