• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
in response to the spam i thought this was appropriate
27365055.jpg

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
CT: Isn't it funny how your opinion on things change as you get older?

Example: I got this urge to listen to Love Spit Love's cover of How Soon is Now, or more simply, the Charmed theme song. This led to watching clips of past episodes and even a couple of complete episodes - I'm sure you get the picture by this point.

Now when I was younger, Charmed was my 'junk'; that show was just so made of awesome that it was right up there with Buffy and all those other gems from my childhood. I was around seven when the show first aired and, at that time, Alyssa Milano's character Phoebe was my favorite; she could do no wrong, as favored characters often can't - *enter more favorite character biases here*.

Looking back the other day, I couldn't help but wonder to myself why in the world I would choose her as my favorite? If I were completely honest, Alyssa's acting leaves a little something to be desired and Phoebe's best moments were, more often than not, in the presence of Julian McMahon's character Cole Turner. (And, in that same respect, some of her worst were as well.) The worst part is that I'm not even sure if these best moments were simply because Julian McMahon is of such a caliber that he can make anyone good or if Cole and Phoebe's love story, while it was a love story, was just that compelling - as the worst moments never happened when they were together romantically but when she was berating him for something or trying to convince herself she didn't love him...blah, blah, blah. Nevertheless, I am quite sure that these great moments were, indeed, because of him.

Now-a-days as I watch an episode, I can't help but wonder why I never took as much notice of Piper when I was younger... I'm not sure if it was because I was familiar with Alyssa as my mother is a huge fan of The Canterville Ghost and we watched reruns of Who's the Boss? when I was younger, or because I sort of identified with Phoebe a bit because I'm the youngest but I see now that my affections were sorely misdirected. Now I see more of myself in Holly's character and better identify with her, not to mention that she is, without a doubt, the best actress of the main cast. Piper also had the most character development, despite not having been the center of things early on. She simply came the farthest, in my opinion, and I'd probably put Holly Marie Combs right up there with SMG's Buffy (seasons 4 - 7 of course) in terms of memorable and nicely executed TV characters.

Why did I just write all this? Not sure, I babble when I'm tired, I just thought it was interesting. *shrugs*

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
CT: Isn't it funny how your opinion on things change as you get older?

Example: I got this urge to listen to Love Spit Love's cover of How Soon is Now, or more simply, the Charmed theme song. This led to watching clips of past episodes and even a couple of complete episodes - I'm sure you get the picture by this point.

Now when I was younger, Charmed was my 'junk'; that show was just so made of awesome that it was right up there with Buffy and all those other gems from my childhood. I was around seven when the show first aired and, at that time, Alyssa Milano's character Phoebe was my favorite; she could do no wrong, as favored characters often can't - *enter more favorite character biases here*.

Looking back the other day, I couldn't help but wonder to myself why in the world I would choose her as my favorite? If I were completely honest, Alyssa's acting leaves a little something to be desired and Phoebe's best moments were, more often than not, in the presence of Julian McMahon's character Cole Turner. (And, in that same respect, some of her worst were as well.) The worst part is that I'm not even sure if these best moments were simply because Julian McMahon is of such a caliber that he can make anyone good or if Cole and Phoebe's love story, while it was a love story, was just that compelling - as the worst moments never happened when they were together romantically but when she was berating him for something or trying to convince herself she didn't love him...blah, blah, blah. Nevertheless, I am quite sure that these great moments were, indeed, because of him.

Now-a-days as I watch an episode, I can't help but wonder why I never took as much notice of Piper when I was younger... I'm not sure if it was because I was familiar with Alyssa as my mother is a huge fan of The Canterville Ghost and we watched reruns of Who's the Boss? when I was younger, or because I sort of identified with Phoebe a bit because I'm the youngest but I see now that my affections were sorely misdirected. Now I see more of myself in Holly's character and better identify with her, not to mention that she is, without a doubt, the best actress of the main cast. Piper also had the most character development, despite not having been the center of things early on. She simply came the farthest, in my opinion, and I'd probably put Holly Marie Combs right up there with SMG's Buffy (seasons 4 - 7 of course) in terms of memorable and nicely executed TV characters.

Why did I just write all this? Not sure, I babble when I'm tired, I just thought it was interesting. *shrugs*
Oh my goodness, I was crazy obsessed with Charmed when I was younger too! My favourite by far was Prue though until she was killed off/fired and then I really, really started liking Piper, especially after that episode where she turns into some wolf thing after Prue died. I had to stop watching the season after they brought Rose McGowan in, it got really silly after a while - which is a total shame considering how well done the first three or four seasons were.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Oh my goodness, I was crazy obsessed with Charmed when I was younger too! My favourite by far was Prue though until she was killed off/fired and then I really, really started liking Piper, especially after that episode where she turns into some wolf thing after Prue died. I had to stop watching the season after they brought Rose McGowan in, it got really silly after a while - which is a total shame considering how well done the first three or four seasons were.
I agree! I hate how silly shows get when they run for a while. Designing Women is a perfect example! The first seasons were really well done; they were funny and engaging and then, after Delta Burke left, it just got stupid.

Charmed definitely suffered this fate but I don't believe it was quite as bad as other shows; and it didn't really start with Rose McGowan, though I completely detested her presence and character. I, personally, found the show hard to watch after they decided to make Cole a bad guy again and then, I couldn't even stop on it when they finally killed him 'for good' and brought Coop in. :rolleyes: It was such a cheap move and for what? Just for Phoebe to have a romantic interest? Just to have someone for her to end up with? Give me a break. Piper and Leo really carried the show in those last seasons.

Buffy, in my opinion, was reversed. I absolutely hated the first couple of seasons (1 - 3), and then, when Buffy started to mature, the show did as well. (Which is probably why I'm a Spike/Buffy fan - Spike was in love with mature Buffy while Angel was infatuated with shallow, teen-y-bopper-Buffy. *gags*)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Oh ya, I forgot about when they made Cole a bad guy again - they worked so hard to convince audiences that he wasn't evil anymore but then totally ate **** and backtracked and it made no sense.

I remember catching one or two episodes of the very last season with that blonde chick from Big Bang Theory and wanting to barf... I wikipedia'd her because I couldn't be arsed watch the full season and it said something about her being able to vanquish demons that even the sisters couldn't vanquish... which makes a whole lot of sense considering in the pilot they make it clear that the sisters are the most powerful witches ever. Guess they never forsaw the blonde chick.

And ya, I loved how they needed to settle the series by making sure everyone was like, married off.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Friends took me to the emergency room, where I was admitted for alcohol poisoning. Apparently I blacked out and was unresponsive... Jesus Christ.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
CT: if it bothers you that much, leave. I thought we were friends and not once have I EVER ragged on you for all your anti-everything atheist stuff you ram down my throat day after day, constantly mocking and belittling what I believe in. Friends don't do that to each other - get the memo or get out.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
CT: I hate when a product you just LOVE gets discontinued. I was SO dissapointed that Bath and Body Works got rid of their mint chocolate candle line. Now my Christmas isn't gonna smell as good. :(
Bath & Body Works had this f*cking awesome men's body wash that I became quite addicted to for a while there. Then, one day, it just vanished from my local store, never to return again... I was a very sad (and not nearly as pleasant smelling) panda that day. That's right, ladies; Some guys don't like to smell like a tub of rotten farts.

Top Bottom