• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
You know that moment when you watch a remake horror movie. but you don't feel scared while watching it. and then a few months later you decide to watch the original movie which scares the **** out of you. Well that is what happened to me last night when i watched REC which came in 2007. and was remade in 2008 and was called Quarantine.

What.... remade a year later? Are you sure you got the dates right? lol

Cheer

Kamen Rider
What.... remade a year later? Are you sure you got the dates right? lol

Oh Yes. according to IMDb Rec is a Spanish zombie horror film that was released in 23 November 2007. and Quarantine is a US remake which was released in October 10, 2008.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
So a dick bag family that tries to take over the world with viruses and B.O.W's trying to be gods? And some of them want to be immortal (technically Spencer counts -_-) and 99% of the family is dead? One last living member of the family who's a bitch and happens to be the smartest and scariest of them all? =O SOUNDS AWESOME ^.^

Mostly, just not the B.O.W part. xD There's still quite a bit of relatives left, but out of the main family only two are on the show regularly right now. EJ and Kristen still haven't come back from their latest "deaths" yet (EJ was shot and Kristen was thrown out of a mansion window which was on the edge of a cliff... yup). Chad is the "good" one, so he's basically the Jake of the family. :p

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The original REC movie is one of my favorite zombie flicks as well as 28 Days Later.

Speaking of remakes though, The Hills Have Eyes remake deserves mention as it was one of the most disturbing and intense horror movies I've watched.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Jen beat me to it. I was just coming on to break the tragic news :( So very sad ugh.

This is so heartbreaking.

12552982_10208693691003380_2291037169987281873_n.jpg

First David Bowie and now Alan Rickman. Both very talented men. Oddly just a few days ago I thought burst in my head about Alan Rickman on the subject of death. I thought it was nothing, then I saw a picture of him online this morning and hoping it was just a movie. I was in a state of shock. :'(
Anyone else noticed that they were both 69 at the age of death? Not that, that is relevant at all. Just pointing it out.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
That's so sad to hear

R.I.P. Alan Rickman

To this day I still chuckle when I think that his face as he's falling out the window at the end of Die Hard is his real reaction (as they told him they were going to countdown before they dropped him out of the window- only to drop him sooner hah). He will be missed... :(

So for anyone who has seen the new Star Wars The Force Awakens

I'm really hoping that this theory is true because that would be awesome and make me love the new movies to come even more.

http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/dads-theory-about-star-wars/1328074/

Reactions: Jen

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yes but Clinton still has a chance as well. Bush and everyone else is pretty much ruled out. I'd be surprised if Trump actually wins. So many people are voting him just to **** over the G.O.P. Right now I'm very interested in the battle of the Democrats :p They seems be a lot of back and forth going on. One day Sanders is all the race, the next Clinton is. Our Canadian elections had a lot of back and forth as well.
Our elections had a lot of back and forth, sure, but the numbers now matter because we are no longer far out from the primaries. We're three weeks from Iowa. Trudeau had a lead three weeks before the election and his numbers continued to rise. Unless Bernie makes a huge gaffe from now until Iowa, it's really his for the taking. Hillary dropped 16 points in Iowa just from last month. While she is still winning nationally among Democrats, her support has dropped 8 points while Sanders has increased by 6 - all in the last month. He had very little name recognition nationally and most of the media didn't cover him... and now he's only 4 points behind her nationally. That's an 18 point drop. New Hampshire same story. Yes, Clinton still has a chance but it's an uphill battle for her from here on out.

Not to mention she keeps telling her supporters that she's more electable than Sanders, which is flat-out untrue. She 's polling only one point ahead of Trump in New Hampshire - which, taking into consideration margin of error means that that race is anyone's game. She's losing to Cruz. In the same poll, Sanders is dominating Trump and Cruz by 19 points. The Dems have to be careful. If they choose Hillary Clinton than a President Trump is very, very possible. He gets to play her kryptonite - which is that she's totally bought by her donors. He can't use the same line with Bernie.

PS. Did you know that that the next president will be considered "the 45th president of the United States" but in reality he/she will be the 44th president? Does anyone know why? :p
I can't remember his name but I believe there was some dude in the 1800s that served two non-consecutive terms.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I can't remember his name but I believe there was some dude in the 1800s that served two non-consecutive terms.
It was Grove Cleveland. I did Google this though, so my brain is not some repository of American Presidents (sadly)!

CT: Firstly, can incredibly talented and successful people please stop dying? Secondly, contract law makes my brain implode. Thirdly, can it stop being so damn cold close to the coast? I know that defeats any geographical concept and the concept of heat but still, it's cold, please stop. Finally, contract law REALLY makes my brain implode.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
One of these days, I'm just going to be so damn repulsed by my experiences with men that I'll have no choice but to become a lesbian. What part of 'no, I don't want to have sex with you' is so ****ing difficult to understand. I thought you were a nice guy, but I was clearly mistaken. So don't give me your **** about how nice guys finish last.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So for anyone who has seen the new Star Wars The Force Awakens

I'm really hoping that this theory is true because that would be awesome and make me love the new movies to come even more.

http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/dads-theory-about-star-wars/1328074/

I highly doubt it. Kylo Ben said that his dad could help him, because he was conflicted with the light. He believed this would be the final push to fully be consumed by the dark side. The theory is interesting, but highly unlikely. Especially since he wants to kill Luke. He destroyed the academy and killed all the Jedi. Probably all the children too, everyone. I'd imagine it was far more excessive than what Anakin did in Revenge of the Sith. Also the film confirmed that Snoke had fully corrupted him over.

Which leads to another theory. One that perhaps explains Kylo Ben's (that my name for him, deal with it (⌐■_■) ) major obsession with his grandfather. I'm quite excited to see if Anakin really does show up in Episode VIII as a force ghost. Perhaps telling him to not go down the dark path and embrace the light side. This would be very unexpected for a lot of people.

A lot of people want to believe that Disney is pretending that prequels don't exist. That is false. Episode VII was meant to be more or less of a New Hope rip off. It wasn't always intended to be like that.

Our elections had a lot of back and forth, sure, but the numbers now matter because we are no longer far out from the primaries. We're three weeks from Iowa. Trudeau had a lead three weeks before the election and his numbers continued to rise. Unless Bernie makes a huge gaffe from now until Iowa, it's really his for the taking. Hillary dropped 16 points in Iowa just from last month. While she is still winning nationally among Democrats, her support has dropped 8 points while Sanders has increased by 6 - all in the last month. He had very little name recognition nationally and most of the media didn't cover him... and now he's only 4 points behind her nationally. That's an 18 point drop. New Hampshire same story. Yes, Clinton still has a chance but it's an uphill battle for her from here on out.

Not to mention she keeps telling her supporters that she's more electable than Sanders, which is flat-out untrue. She 's polling only one point ahead of Trump in New Hampshire - which, taking into consideration margin of error means that that race is anyone's game. She's losing to Cruz. In the same poll, Sanders is dominating Trump and Cruz by 19 points. The Dems have to be careful. If they choose Hillary Clinton than a President Trump is very, very possible. He gets to play her kryptonite - which is that she's totally bought by her donors. He can't use the same line with Bernie.

Yes. That is correct. Grover Cleveland. :)

I think that Hillary is betting on Bernie Sanders going the way of Ron Paul. He was popular for a while and then just fell off. Bernie is also a libertarian. Something America desperately needs, both the Democrats and te Republicans will try to destroy him the same way when the heat really turns up. Right now we are practically in the pre-campaign phase. It's all noise and smoke right now. I also don't see Trump winning either. A lot of people are scared of him and he really can't be trusted, for obvious reasons. Bernie is the only one that can be trusted imho and Libertarians are often brutally honest. Which is another thing that puts him at risk. He doesn't tell people what they want to hear. He tells them what he believes, which happens to be what America realises that they need. Power returned to them and a government regulated economy. It's quite funny. I was recently (haven't finished it yet) reading a book that suggested such a thing and the pros and cons of it. As for Clinton.... well. She has been back tracking a lot, but minds do change. A lot of people are scared of her as well for a few reasons that would lead to a pretty heated debate :/ in addition, people believe she is a liar because her opinions differ today than the did 10-20 years ago :S

Top Bottom