• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 THE Mercenaries Thread

Zer123

I don't know if this been asked already, but I've looked around and couldn't find it anywhere. whenever i try and play the mercs. reunion, i pick solo or co-op, it just instantly comes up with a message of "this disc cannot be read." I've changed the xbox, and the disc, and I've re-downloaded the data, but nothing seems to be getting rid of this. so, i was wondering, if anyone on these forums knew of a possible way to fix this?

bigdog4215

solo high scores mercs reunion
public assembly 193,552
mines 173,341
village 197621
ancient ruins 183,968
experimental facility 161,320
missile area 162,330
ship deck 173,900
prison 207,330

duo mercs reunion
public assembly 746,104
mines 355,545
village 767,274
ancient ruins 345,919
facility 447,949
missile area 341,862
ship deck 405,297
prision 884,177

If anybody is looking to get high scores,just message

UnrealBobo313

How can you beat a chainsaw men on mercenaries mode on boat... its f***** hard man.???

Im playing on co-op with my buddy and we can beat down the big axe mother F***** on veteran...im talking about solo game

bigdog4215

UnrealBobo313;82146 said:
Im playing on co-op with my buddy and we can beat down the big axe mother F***** on veteran...im talking about solo game

depends on what character you use,if your using somebody with a shotgun,drop him up close.then when he gets up swinging wildly,keep your distance,use gernades to stun him if you have them,then finish him off from a distance with a pistol or machine gun

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
UnrealBobo313;82146 said:

Weapon use and how you use it. If you're using a shotgun, make sure it's powerful, it takes awhile to kill him if it isn't. You're gonna want to come at him from the side after he swings his axe down and load two rounds into his face/shoulder at point-blank, then run. You don't wanna get snatched up by his cheap-ass. Afterwards kill some zombies while you wait for him to swing down the axe again -it's much easier to do without a crowd.

If it's a machine gun, always aim for the head about seven executioner distances away and load into him until he staggers. Hit him with a melee and run past him -if you run past him Sheva will follow with a melee of her own, just make sure there aren't zombies blocking her beeline towards you. She's pretty good about not getting hit by his swing-up movement after getting hit twice, but occasionally... that occasioonally can **** you up; so be careful. After that, repeat the process.

The machine gun strategy also applies to any precision weapons like handguns and rifles.

After awhile, you'll find yourself sort of making it up as you go and your style of bringing him down will less and less resemble the basic methods described -though that foundation is vital for beginners. The same principles are generally practiced despite how random the method may seem. Practice = stylization.

chrisheva

Chosen Keyblade Wielder
UnrealBobo313;82145 said:
How can you beat a chainsaw men on mercenaries mode on boat... its f***** hard man.???
one easy way to do it would be to use someone that has a shotgun, then wait for them to get close, then shoot them, run behind them, shoot them again, and repeat until they are dead, or use hit and run tactics with weaker guns... make good use of the Rocket Launchers...

If you have the PS3 version, I could help you ;)

The Wesker Child

Public Assembly

Score:253.603
Max Combo:163
Charater used:Wesker (S.T.A.R.S)
Weapon used:Samurai edge (Only used it droped the other guns)
Game type:Split Screen
Console:pS3
PSN:Kale3323

Killing the big Axe guy with a handgun (Tutorial)

Keep ur distance and shot him in the head intull he falls down,go over to him and punch him then u run away,shot him in the head intull he falls again and then run around him and then kick him (He is weaker on his back) then u lure him under the charger and shot is so it fall onto his head and he is dead.

valentine_day

annoying hattifattener
With handgun,i don`t know it`s a good idea for Merc.
I just figured out,how to kill the big guy,that u get him 5 sec.
I had played old merc.with Jill Battle suit,and score is 482,397,go Jill :)

Revenantjack_2.0

:(:(:(:(

I'm so dejected right now... I super suck at Mercenaries. My highest score is only 20000 and can't get beyond that.

I really despise that new real time item management thing:verymad:. Got me killed lots of times. I watched Youtube videos on how some players can get SS rank and it looked like a cakewalk. Which makes me even more depressed cos after seeing how it's done I still can't get higher scores. My other problem is the time, I just don't think they've allocated enough.

Bah, maybe I just go to sleep and forget about it...:dry:

I'm playing on the PC version which has clunky f**ked up control scheme. Even with the PlayStation 2 controller, the control still has issues. I can't get into zoom mode if the analog function is on. Anyone with similar problem??

This + with few personal problems = very depressing...:(

Sorry for whining, feeling down at the moment...

girl1nterupted

Hiii
Looking for peeps to play mercs with or mercs reunion with to get some high scores on the ps3! I think my highest is about 197,000!
Message me or what not for my psn!
:) xxxx

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
Revenantjack_2.0;90164 said:
:(:(:(:(

I'm so dejected right now... I super suck at Mercenaries. My highest score is only 20000 and can't get beyond that.

I really despise that new real time item management thing:verymad:. Got me killed lots of times. I watched Youtube videos on how some players can get SS rank and it looked like a cakewalk. Which makes me even more depressed cos after seeing how it's done I still can't get higher scores. My other problem is the time, I just don't think they've allocated enough.

Bah, maybe I just go to sleep and forget about it...:dry:

I'm playing on the PC version which has clunky f**ked up control scheme. Even with the PlayStation 2 controller, the control still has issues. I can't get into zoom mode if the analog function is on. Anyone with similar problem??

This + with few personal problems = very depressing...:(

Sorry for whining, feeling down at the moment...

Firstly, I love the real time management. Its the greatest, and brings almost half of the scares in the game (thats bad for RE5's scariness, eh?)

Secondly, dont ever think its cakewalk for them. It takes hours and hours of preperation, and what you think was one easy go, was just the one perfect run after perhaps dozens of failed gos. Perfection is never easy.

Here is what I do. I use Jill, take her MG, and cap every enemies knees, then finish them off with Melee, adding 5 seconds to the clock. If it takes 5-10 seconds to kill an enemy, then you can effectively double your time.

Once you get Jill (or if you have her) try it.

FlameX

Majini Slayer
Merc's Reunion FTW , with the ultimate finishing move of excella , B*TCHSLAP FTW , also i love the M93R to shoot the majini's in the legs and the grenade launcher with the flash rounds is just a big win against las plagas creatures!

railway95

I would love new characters such as Claire and Leon too appear. They are appearing in that 3DS game so why not update them onto here as well. Also I wish that the mercenaries reunion characters were playable in Versus, to kill Rebecca with Jill will be awesome.

residentevil#1

DegenerateElite;30977 said:
Okay, my top scores on solo as of now:

Public Assembly
Mines
Village
Ruins
Experimental Facility
Missle Area
Ship Deck
Prison

I figured out the spawn locations now, So I'm gonna go redo 'em and try for higher. Come one, come all!

dude, thats bad ass! ME AND MY SIS GET ABOUT THE SAME SCORE A LITTLE HIGHER PLAYING KO-OP ON PUBLIC ASSEMBLY! DAMN UR ****ING AWESOME! ME = AMATEUR :( LOL

Top Bottom