• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Those are all fair points. And I appreciate your thoughts on it. I feel the same way, only I lean positive because I felt a lot of the changes leaned positive in comparison to RE6. But at the same time, I think Rev 2 is a better game than RE7, so they could have done a lot better. I just hope RE8 gives me the opportunity to move in to third person from first person.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
RE7 was quite controversial, but you're stretching it when you're saying...

RE7 clearly had elements of classic RE games that were abandoned with RE4. The game was quite calm, you had to explore set pieces, there was backtracking and puzzles. There was no focus on action. It had a very limited number of enemy types and allowed the player to either evade or engage enemies. Considering the events of and information found in Not A Hero, RE7 had a very typical RE plot: Some company exercises poor judgement in containment procedures and especially in their choice of employees. The game is just poorly written and not very well executed. The faceless hero wasn't really a departure, but just an overall dumb design decision.

While you may have a point with the other things you mentioned in relation to classic RE game elements the bolded part of limited enemy types falls completely flat since that is one thing RE7 did not take from the classic roots, even as far back as RE1 we had a many different enemey types such as zombies, spiders, crows, Hunters, Cerberus, Sharks, snakes, Chimera etc and thats just the non boss enemies, when you look at RE7 in comparison it is completely bare bones with only molded serving as your none boss enemies with very basic variations coming up later in the game but still over all just being molded.

Turo602

The King of Kings
People who call Resident Evil 7 a return to the series' roots are usually speaking based on preferences, which is why it's a false claim. Resident Evil's roots are in all the elements from the original game that were passed on, expanded, and improved in its sequels. Anything changed or added is a deviation, or just simply an addition to the overall formula.

When people say first-person was a departure for the series it's a factual statement, regardless of personal preference. Las Plagas in RE4 for example, is a direction I didn't personally mind, but to say it's not a departure for the series would be false.

Resident Evil games have borrowed elements from the original game with varying results, and games like Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 6 were called into question for deviating from the series' roots, and rightfully so. The same can be said for Resident Evil 7, because despite what that game gets "right" about the series, it does just as much "wrong."

But because people favor survival horror, they're going to boldly claim it's "Resident Evil" again, and cherry pick common elements, even though all games in the series share common elements, despite the varying degrees of evolution and deviation in those games. Resident Evil 7 isn't so much a return to the series' roots as it is what Resident Evil 4 was for the series, a transition to a new style of Resident Evil game.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I agree with that mostly. But I do think that DESPITE the changes from the original formula, RE7 brought back a lot of the elements that made the original games so inviting. I think it had more in common with RE1 than RE6. Of course, we wouldn't actually get a true successor to that feeling until RE2 REmake, but I stand by my point. I don't think RE7 returning to its roots is a false statement at all. I just don't think that repeating the exact same game style necessarily makes that point invalid. RE7 was a huge step in the right direction despite it's flaws - in my opinion.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Jill, Claire, or Wesker would all be amazing. I suppose other options related to the cast include: Zoe, Barry, Piers (dun dun dun), Sherry, Jake, or some other BSAA agents.

I don't want to turn this in to RE6, but having a bunch of returning characters that tie to the main story would be amazing.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Rebecca would be a miracle. She has stayed away from the spotlight for the longest, but who knows. I'd love to see what she's been up to since the events of... RE1.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Jill did cross my mind but if the rumors are true about Alex/Natalia then they could easily involve Barry (maybe even Moira).

At one point and time I speculated Lucas was sending information to Wesker... now I’m thinking it was information for Alex though. I doubt they’d ever bring back Albert for anything but a remake of RE4 or CVX.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
We know Lucas was in contact with SOMEONE. Who else could it be? Alex? Daniel? Maybe someone else unrelated? If everything ties together nicely, I'll be very happy.

Anyway - MORE information is being spread out. I will Spoiler Tag everything in case people want this information in tact:

Apparently the old hooded lady in the trailer we saw is the new Merchant. She sells items, (maybe upgrades), and she sells "rumors" which is an interesting little tidbit.

One of the witches in the trailer we saw is named Olga and she will actually be a boss in the game similar to an RE7 boss we have faced before. You can read about the actual boss encounter if you'd like, but I thought I'd at least give you, the reader, the option.

Beast Men are not the typical enemy, but a special enemy type. Regular enemies will be townsfolk with tattoos and occasionally, weapons... think Ganado apparently.

I think that covers everything they revealed. I guess we will see!

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Surprised no on wanted to discuss all of those details I shared last Wednesday.

But more news! Looks like we'll be getting another trailer later this month... I think the date was August 20th?

Wasker1995

The “Gorilla-Man”
Now from “werewolves” and “witches” now to a “Gorilla-Man”, surprisingly this isn’t the first time this term has been used to describe the large, weapon-wielding enemy seen in the trailer. In April, Rely On Horror published a rumor article that also referred to “a massive, “gorilla-like” monster man with “chains and a staff”.” and we believe it’s safe to assume these are one and the same. I think it’s also important to note that these descriptors (werewolf, witch, gorilla-man) more than likely isn’t what these enemies truly are, it’s just the best way to currently describe them until their actual types are announced.
They describe the “Gorilla-Man” as a large enemy covered in several chains wielding a giant ax. They describe this as being similar to the Executioner Majini of Resident Evil 5. He also screams in agony as if asking for help, probably a victim of the experiments that took place there.

Battle sequence with “Gorilla-Man”
Our source describes a sequence in this version of the demo that I’m going to describe as a mix of the cabin sequence from Resident Evil 4 and the public assembly area of Resident Evil 5. During the battle, pale and rotten enemies with axes appear alongside the “Gorilla-Man” who seems to fill the role of a mini-boss at the least. The “Gorilla-Man” can kill Ethan with just 3 attacks, in addition to being able to jump and hit or character with his huge ax. Our source also said it was worth noting that “werewolf-like” enemies are very difficult to hit, they are moving very quickly and there were several times they ran out of ammo because they missed the targets several times.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
AestheticGamer AKA Gust Golem. He said August. But I saw a tweet that confirmed the 20th. I don't know how serious the actual date is, but I do know we'll see a new trailer this month.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
So the new supposedly leaks say people play tested the game on the ps4pro.

Would this be because the ps5 is still a closely guarded secret or that the game will release on both platforms maybe?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
My hope is that all games coming out within the next year will be cross-generation. I am sure SOME things will come out as PS5/Series X Only, but games like RE can hopefully be purchased on either system.

Goat-people sound creepy. Man, this game sounds SO creepy. I kind of love it.

Top Bottom