• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Chris is used even more than Leon, he was just in RE5, RE6, RE7, and rumor has it RE8, that is four I repeat FOUR mainline games in a row, I honestly can't understand how Leon being in RE8 would bother someone because he is used "to much" while Chris gets a free pass even though the last 4 main titles in a row has had him a a main character, at least Leon got a break in between main titles such as RE2, RE4, RE6 etc.

Fact is storyline wise (not counting Vendetta) we haven't seen Leon since RE6, would be interesting to see Capcom's take on a older Leon in the RE engine.

I understand that Chris is also used a lot which is why I said I can't really explain why it bothers me so much that Leon is used as opposed to Chris. To be honest I don't like either of them all that much and I guess I just find Leon to be annoying in everything after Resident Evil 2. I don't like what they've done with his character and I feel like he's a glorified poster boy. If Resident Evil 8 was his last appearance, I'd be perfectly fine with that. I just don't like him.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I understand that Chris is also used a lot which is why I said I can't really explain why it bothers me so much that Leon is used as opposed to Chris. To be honest I don't like either of them all that much and I guess I just find Leon to be annoying in everything after Resident Evil 2. I don't like what they've done with his character and I feel like he's a glorified poster boy. If Resident Evil 8 was his last appearance, I'd be perfectly fine with that. I just don't like him.

Oh its fine if you do not like him lol, my point is though is that its just weird to me when in general a fan does not like Leon for being overused but is perfectly fine with Chris who is even more overused, not saying this applies to you in particular but it would seem biased to me to hate Leon for such a reason (overused) but not Chris, but if its just a personal dislike for his character than that is perfectly fine.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Oh its fine if you do not like him lol, my point is though is that its just weird to me when in general a fan does not like Leon for being overused but is perfectly fine with Chris who is even more overused, not saying this applies to you in particular but it would seem biased to me to hate Leon for such a reason (overused) but not Chris, but if its just a personal dislike for his character than that is perfectly fine.

I mean I don't think a person not liking a character for any reason is weird because you can't help who you don't like for whatever reason.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I mean I don't think a person not liking a character for any reason is weird because you can't help who you don't like for whatever reason.

Agree to Disagree, to me I can't be biased when forming a outlook on a character in relation to what they have done in the game in comparison to one of my favs, like for instance I could not have a distaste for Alexia for the specific reason of being a super Umbrella genius turned Bioweapon thanks to a "virus" while at the same time praising Wesker (who is my favorite villain) who is basically the same thing.

So pretty much I just have a distaste for having a double standard is all, its fine if your cool with it but to me it has always been "weird" since even as a kid I could always acknowledge when a favorite character of mine has a particular trait that everyone dislikes another character for while praising said fav character who has the same fault.

Let me be clear in saying this is all subjective, my opinion is no better than anyones but it was just my outlook on it, did not mean to start a debate over it lol, It was just I just was scratching my head at the notion of disliking Leon for the specific reason of being "overused" but being perfectly ok with Chris for the same thing.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Well to be fair I don't like Chris either so. Lol. And I get it. I just don't like Leon and I haven't for years. I don't know why, and like I said, I don't know why he bothers me more than any of the other main characters I don't like (because I don't really like any of the main characters that much), he just... Ugh. I don't know. With his 90s hair and lady's man attitude and general super hero plot armor. I just can't.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Honestly, even as a fan of Chris, I'm getting tired of him, especially because it's always the same story: He goes somewhere with his redshirt army, everyone but him gets killed, he's sad and angry about it, but may find hope again by the end of the game. It's been that way since RE5, and considering those new rumours of RE8 being the most gruesome installment to date, I can already see history repeating itself yet again. Throw in Claire getting kidnapped again, a character being infected with a new virus, an invincible stalker, some Leon/Ada drama, and Jill looking for Chris or vice versa, and we'll have Resident Evil: Best Of!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
There are so many deserving characters to lead RE8. I think Leon or Chris at the helm is overkill. But these characters do indeed sell.

Jill, Claire, Ada, Rebecca, Sheva - Any of these characters (story line allowing) would be awesome to have a return to the series. But I will be cool with whoever they are planning on using. I still love my Chris and Leon brothers. I'm in the camp that it would be cool to see Ethan as a new Blue Umbrella recruit. haha

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The storylines for all of the core characters has really become repetitive. It’s like they don’t know what to do with them or how to progress them in later installments so Capcom repeats themselves as they’re afraid to do anything too risky that could permanently bring the character’s story to a close.

As much as I love Chris (sans the Redfield guy in RE7), I can definitely admit that he is overused with the exact same story arc. Honestly, Chris’ arc should have ended with Wesker’s demise but the way that was done was mediocre... which is why I also welcome them remaking CVX and RE5 to sort of ground the story taking place and flesh Chris out more (because he’s very vanilla since REmake. Make him the smoking, trouble with superiors, bad boy he was meant to be).
Really though, I wouldn’t hate the reuse/overuse of any character as long as it didn’t feel rehashed and that applies to both Chris and Leon.

For RE7, Capcom should have went with a different past character all together. It would have been cool and made more sense if they used Carlos, in place of Chris, with Blue Umbrella. That is assuming Blue Umbrella is truly looking to do good. Carlos already worked for them in the past and the notion that he moved up in position and made it a point to help change the company for the better would make the most sense out of any past character.

Going back to my initial point though, Capcom leaves a lot to be desired in terms of character development. While I’ve been loving their most recent remakes, they are remakes... they’re not all new compelling storylines, just perfected past stories. It’s the newer continuations that have me most concerned especially since they are all over the place with their characters.

Last edited:

Mr.R

I like Leon and Chris and I know they're the protagonists of the saga (duty shared with Jill and Claire, but both ladies fall behind L&C), but I think it would be good to give them a rest. Maybe Jill as the protagonist would be nice (I think Claire is always a problem as a protagonist, because you need to bend the story revolving around her being where she shouldn't, via kidnapping or pure (bad) luck, whereas Leon, Chris and Jill could simply by send anywhere the plot needs to, because of their work).

I wouldn't mind Leon being the protagonist, since he is my favorite character, but I do want to see some different stuff in a game involving him. For example, NO ADA WONG. Please Capcom, drop this bad ship. Leon and Claire had some flirting in RE2R...give us that ship instead. They match way better than Leon and Ada.
Also, it would be cool if his partner is Sherry...maybe we can have some "father-daughter-ish" relationship I wanted them to have in RE6 (it showed in some micro-seconds, when you see Leon genuinely worried for Sherry). I mean, by this point, any story involving Leon without Ada strolling around is a plus.

As for Chris...well, as long as he doesn't lose any more soldiers *sighs*. No, really, we could explore his relationship with Blue Umbrella, his doubts and thoughts. Just make it a little different from usual Chris.

Ethan? He can go join Ark Thompson and Co.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I like Leon and Chris and I know they're the protagonists of the saga (duty shared with Jill and Claire, but both ladies fall behind L&C), but I think it would be good to give them a rest. Maybe Jill as the protagonist would be nice (I think Claire is always a problem as a protagonist, because you need to bend the story revolving around her being where she shouldn't, via kidnapping or pure (bad) luck, whereas Leon, Chris and Jill could simply by send anywhere the plot needs to, because of their work).

I wouldn't mind Leon being the protagonist, since he is my favorite character, but I do want to see some different stuff in a game involving him. For example, NO ADA WONG. Please Capcom, drop this bad ship. Leon and Claire had some flirting in RE2R...give us that ship instead. They match way better than Leon and Ada.
Also, it would be cool if his partner is Sherry...maybe we can have some "father-daughter-ish" relationship I wanted them to have in RE6 (it showed in some micro-seconds, when you see Leon genuinely worried for Sherry). I mean, by this point, any story involving Leon without Ada strolling around is a plus.

As for Chris...well, as long as he doesn't lose any more soldiers *sighs*. No, really, we could explore his relationship with Blue Umbrella, his doubts and thoughts. Just make it a little different from usual Chris.

Ethan? He can go join Ark Thompson and Co.

I don’t really see Leon as a father figure to Sherry, more like an older brother if anything though. It would have been great if Capcom actually established Leon as Sherry’s mentor as a new agent. It should have been done in RE6 but it wasn’t and we are way past that now.

I personally love Ada and don’t mind the sexual tension between her and Leon. But I did notice some flirting going on between Claire and Leon. Claire was more so the aggressor though and I can’t say I blame her for trying. :lol:

I’d like to have some revelations on Ada’s character. Who she’s working for, whether good or bad, could really shake the series up. I’d imagine Chris is still pretty ****ed at her and needs to know the truth as well. lol

Chris keeping a close watch on Blue Umbrella is still a good way to keep him relevant to the series. But yes, they need to stay away from killing off his entire team or making him go on a crazed search for Jill (and Jill searching for him). I’d love it if Capcom would actually show Chris and Barry working together. I’ve always envisioned them having a father-son relationship. Very similar to Nate and Sully in the Uncharted series.

It’s disappointing to not hear any mention of Jill or Carlos. Makes me wonder why they’re bothering with remaking/reimagining old games and not follow up on characters like them.

Last edited:

Mr.R

I don’t really see Leon as a father figure to Sherry, more like an older brother if anything though. It would have been great if Capcom actually established Leon as Sherry’s mentor as a new agent. It should have been done in RE6 but it wasn’t and we are way past that now.

I personally love Ada and don’t mind the sexual tension between her and Leon. But I did notice some flirting going on between Claire and Leon. Claire was more so the aggressor though and I can’t say I blame her for trying. :lol:

I’d like to have some revelations on Ada’s character. Who she’s working for, whether good or bad, could really shake the series up. I’d imagine Chris is still pretty ****ed at her and needs to know the truth as well. lol

Chris keeping a close watch on Blue Umbrella is still a good way to keep him relevant to the series. But yes, they need to stay away from killing off his entire team or making him go on a crazed search for Jill (and Jill searching for him). I’d love it if Capcom would actually show Chris and Barry working together. I’ve always envisioned them having a father-son relationship. Very similar to Nate and Sully in the Uncharted series.

It’s disappointing to not hear any mention of Jill or Carlos. Makes me wonder why they’re bothering with remaking/reimagining old games and not follow up on characters like them.

Well, Leon and Sherry having an older brother and younger sister's relationship could also work too! And Leon being her mentor in the "agent" life would be a very cool move. Well, maybe this happened behind the scenes, but I doubt Capcom would show us that. (When they meet Leon just said "I've heard you've became an agent", but he doesn't seem very convincing, with a weird pause between his words and since there are a lot of secrets on their job, maybe Helena and Jake's presence there made him comment like he didn't knew...who knows.)

I liked Ada for a long time (no more than Claire though) but RE6's Ada annoyed me so much I kinda dropped her down a few places on my favorite list. Maybe it was the script, or Courtenay Taylor's voice work, but everything about Ada in RE6 annoys me. Before that, I used to think of a numbered game starring her as a protagonist could shed some light on her motives, but these days? Nah. I liked that they made her less of a hyper competent omnipresent character (RE6) in RE2R. Let's hope they keep her this way.

Leon and Claire deserve a chance. RE2R showed some glimpses of it, and now I think it could be an amazing idea. xD

The only few moments where RE7's Redfield came as interesting or even close to the Chris we know was the few angry \ sarcastic exchanges he had with the Blue Umbrella operator helping him in the mission. You could see he doesn't trust Blue Umbrella's intentions (with good reason) and that he doesn't want to be there. Of course, when the team starts dying it's back in the same tracks we've seen before. But I would like to see this conflict between Chris and BU develop, maybe involving other characters too.

As for Carlos, since most of the UBCS members were wanted people (or even soldiers in prison, as some diaries attest) it made sense for him to kinda disappear back. Before RE3R I never cared much about og Carlos, but the Remake's Carlos has some personality enough for me to want him to get back, as long as the game gives us a good reason in script.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
RE6 Ada is not the best version of Ada, sure. But I want resolve on the Leon-Ada relationship. Either get them together or kill one of them off. Capcom likes to tease story lines over multiple decades which is exhausting as a fan. We know Leon and Ada have had a physical relationship at some point - and that overall, Ada is firmly in the presence of the Good camp (maybe Chaotic Good), but after many iterations of her character, RE6 has shown us that in the end, she is inevitably on the side of good.

Of course, we do need more lasting enemies in the upcoming games. Wesker was solid, but is gone. Who is the buildup for next? Maybe Alex? Maybe more of The Family? Who knows.

Mr.R

RE6 Ada is not the best version of Ada, sure. But I want resolve on the Leon-Ada relationship. Either get them together or kill one of them off. Capcom likes to tease story lines over multiple decades which is exhausting as a fan. We know Leon and Ada have had a physical relationship at some point - and that overall, Ada is firmly in the presence of the Good camp (maybe Chaotic Good), but after many iterations of her character, RE6 has shown us that in the end, she is inevitably on the side of good.

Of course, we do need more lasting enemies in the upcoming games. Wesker was solid, but is gone. Who is the buildup for next? Maybe Alex? Maybe more of The Family? Who knows.

I don't think they need to kill one of them off. I mean, I would love to see a tired Leon finally backing off Ada's usual approach of leading him into goose chases to help her objectives. I mean, he could just say "I'm done with this, Ada." Even if he ends up being manipulated in the end (because Ada can manipulate any character by this point), it would be enough for the "audience" to know this ship won't be sailing anymore. Damn, that would be amazing xD.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Sounds like I’m the odd one out as I actually loved Ada in RE6. Lol
Her campaign is one of my favorite campaigns to play and I enjoyed her calm, collected demeanor and sassy comments. She seemed more mature to me this time around and I agree that she definitely seems to be playing for the good guys. I speculate that she’s part of an organization that is much more involved in bioterrorism, perhaps they’re the ones sending tips to the BSAA.

Leon’s complicated relationship with her is what I enjoy most between those two characters, so I’d also like to see Capcom finally make it official. They’ve been teasing about killing one of them off for a while now- well mainly just Ada- that idk if they should bother with actually doing it now.

What Capcom can stop doing is the hints of Jill and Chris being anything other than partners. That shipping annoys me especially after seeing the perfect chemistry that was re-established between Jill and Carlos in R3make.

As for the next villain, hopefully we get a follow up on Alex and her work. But if they do decide to develop an all new villain, then I hope they make them truly evil and last for at least 2-3 games. They should focus on really catching our attention with this one, maybe have them kill off a major character, or one get captured and experimented on.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Sounds like I’m the odd one out as I actually loved Ada in RE6. Lol
Her campaign is one of my favorite campaigns to play and I enjoyed her calm, collected demeanor and sassy comments. She seemed more mature to me this time around and I agree that she definitely seems to be playing for the good guys. I speculate that she’s part of an organization that is much more involved in bioterrorism, perhaps they’re the ones sending tips to the BSAA.

For me, it was actually RE6 that made me appreciate Ada in the first place. Before, she was just kind of there, a woman in a red dress that I met in RE2, but she got so bored of me that she faked her own death on the third date just to get away from me. After that, since I pretty much skipped RE4, I didn't see or even think of her again for a long time until she showed up in the RE6 trailers that painted her as the villain, and I was like, why not, I don't really care.

In hindsight, it seems weird that I ignored her for so long, given that I'm usually into secret agents in stories that have nothing to do with politics or protecting the president, which Ada is a rare example of. I guess RE6 was the first time I really noticed her for what she is, I liked what I saw, and have been wishing for a game starring her (as the main protagonist, not a supporting character in a game that's really about Leon) ever since.

But RE8 is not that game, and given that it will follow up on the story and gameplay introduced in RE7, I'm not unhappy about that. Maybe in Revelations 3, sometime in the future.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Most of the leaks are just speculations at this point. With so many rumored RE games in development at the same time, its easy to misinterpret information back and forth. For example, the rumors about Leon being the protagonist of RE8 might as well just be a misinterpretation of him being in his own RE4 remake.

The rumored games to be in development as of now are Resident Evil: Village (RE8), Resident Evil 4 Remake, and Revelations 3. I don't really have anything against Chris or Leon (well, a little bit against Chris), but if one of them turns out to be the next protagonist of RE8 - so be it. I just want a good game. While I would prefer to see a female protagonist in the main series again, it feels like Capcom is going to keep Revelations as a more female-centric series. I wouldn't be surprised if Jill for example shows up in Revelations 3 along with Claire, Barry and Moira.

I would however prefer if they tried to tie up Jill's story post RE5-6 in a main titled game, and not just a spin-off game like Revelations.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I agree - Jill needs to have a modern comeback. RE3R Jill just made me hungry to see her character in modern times. Of course, nearly every character is fine in my playbook. I wonder if Capcom is going to do its big reveal on their own terms this year considering that is what other big publishers are doing. Square-Enix is having a private event, and so is Ubisoft. Presumably a lot of other companies will be doing the same or piggybacking on Sony, XBOX, or Nintendo reveals.

Capcom has 3 major titles coming out in the next year and we only really know that RE8 is one of them. Hurry up!

D

Deleted member 21244

So, for what I've heard, some ambassador member have received an email which say a new annucement will happen the 10th of June

They will announce re 8 most likely or another remake? Who knows

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I just realized that the rumors about RE8 being called ”Resident Evil: Village” might as well just be referring to the RE4 remake, since RE4 actually starts off in a village.

We’ll know soon enough what’s what and what’s not, hopefully.

Top Bottom