• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6 praise thread.

Critical-Limit

Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Revelations had all 3 of those things and more and RE4 is considered one of the greatest video games of all time while Revelations is seen by fans and critics as an actual Resident Evil game and the only reason the Resident Evil IP was not a complete failure this year.

There are loads of developers out there can can bring great Scary/Survival Horror games and make them successful, but it's not about the players being too scared to try it or whatever, that's a bunch of horses**t. The reason why companies are turning their horror franchises into action and not making horror franchises is because they are too scared to invest in new IPs and genres, plus they just want to grab the Call of Duty audience and maximize profits by making more action games. But that will just blow up in their face, just like it did with RE6, RE6 is both a critical and commercial failure for going all action, ORC failed critically and just barely succeeded commercially but Revelations which was a Survival Horror game was a great success. People don't want action from Resident Evil whether you see it or not and the game is not gonna sell on a mediocre story alone.

Back on thread topic:

I have nothing to praise about RE6 but if I had a favorite moment in the game it would be Ada's crawling moments.

Yes it's obviously about Money. Survival horror actually sells pretty bad. Even DeadSpace is adding Co-op to Dead Space 3, to make it less scary. Because they can physically see the numbers being low despite the praise the series gets, because there are people literally too scared to want to play the game.

Same Reason Amnesia isn't getting a huge sum of money. Being scared in a game and scared in a movie are two different things. in a game, you control the fate. While in a movie you have no control.

And I think this hits people too hard.

I'm not scared of ANY RE game. So RE6 doesn't feel any less scary than it's previous games. I was a little scare dof RE1 on PS1, but I was also like 9 years old when that came out.

If Survival Horror did really well on the main stream market I'm sure they could make a scary game. Most of their resources would go to that. Capcom believes action will sell more. and that's why it's going in that direction.

Back on Topic:

I love RE6,it's my favorite out of the whole Series so far.
Controls: Best in the Series
Voice Acting: Best in the series
Cutscenes/Plot: best in the series IMO
Horror: Almost the worst in the series, RE5 being the bottom IMO.
Action: A little too over the top for me, but i can overlook it. I mean Leon and Helena falling off a cliff in a bus, Dust their pants off and their fine. If that isn't a bit ridiculous I dunno what is.
Graphics: Pretty Damn Good

And I think Leon/Ada have the best character relation chemistry in the series.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Capcom believes action will sell more. and that's why it's going in that direction.
and that blew up in their face, RE6 didn't even sell 4m copies and since the clerk at my EB game store told me they are getting more copies of RE6 traded in than they are selling lately, continuing in this direction is gonna screw things up even more.
Yes it's obviously about Money. Survival horror actually sells pretty bad. Even DeadSpace is adding Co-op to Dead Space 3, to make it less scary. Because they can physically see the numbers being low despite the praise the series gets, because there are people literally too scared to want to play the game.
I have to disagree with Dead Space sales failing, Dead Space was doing great as a horror game, DS2 sold around 3 million copies, EA are just as greedy as Capcom and they want 5 million sales so they think they will get more by doing what RE did, going for the CoD crowd, but it's just gonna screw things up.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Whenever you have to crawl, you get a nice view of the character's butt, Leon's pants are well fitted so when he bends over there is some nice fanservice. Lol.

Ummm, I wasn't expecting that much detail...

Though I did notice this with Helena, and especially Ada. haha

Yes, I loved Ustanak, alot. For me he is almost up there with Nemesis if not up there completely.

Oh man, i'll never forget my first fight with him. I was playing as Leon, and Jake and Sherry joined us. I thought, "Oh wow! Now I got 3 people helping me, this fight should be a piece of cake, I probably won't have to do anything." So I run around the corner to get some ammo, I come back like 5 seconds later and ALL 3 of my partners are trapped. XD Sherry in one hand, Helena in the other, and Jake was stuck on a cage on Ustanak's back, and I was like, "WTF how did that even happen???!".

Nice! That's actually pretty funny.:D

Lol, one of my new favorate video games moments in my life.

I just finished all of the campaigns for the first time because I did not have a PS3 when it came out. So this is all new to me.

That totally made me laugh.

I really wish I could go through RE6 right now, I really want to play Chris and Jake's campaigns, as I was playing Leon's, as Helena, last time. I've already gone through each of the campaigns once, but it's been a little while now, and I lent my copy of RE6 to a buddy. Ugh.

Chris' File stole the show, IMO.

Jake's was cool because it was him and Sherry, Wesker/Birkin the next generation! Maybe I'll give Ustanak another chance on my 2nd run.;)

BTW, considering you use that RE5 Wesker doll as your avy, I had seen a really cool Battle Suit Jill figure that I want...from Hot Toys.

@Wesker500, was RE6 really a failure, both commercially and all that?

I know I consider RE6 one of my personal fav's, up there with RE1 and CVX. I think they did a terrific job on that game. The controls, gameplay, music, graphics, story, etc.

I really can't think of too many complaints, and I'm picky.

Also, I wouldn't consider RE6 a complete action game, it definately put's plenty of emphasis on Survival and Horror, both qualities of the genre, Survival/Horror.

Ummm, I wasn't expecting that much detail...

Well, you asked me. :p

Nice! That's actually pretty funny.:D
Yeah, it all happened so fast.

Chris' File stole the show, IMO.

Chris' file? You mean his storymode/campaign?

I think Chris definitely had the best ending. Leon's campaign had the best gameplay for me. And Sherry and Jake had the best boss.

Jake's was cool because it was him and Sherry, Wesker/Birkin the next generation! Maybe I'll give Ustanak another chance on my 2nd run.;)
Yes indeed, the Wesker/Birkin alliance still lives! I also hope that you like Ustanak the second time around. There have been times where i've had to rewatch or replay something before I liked it. Maybe this will be the case for you.

BTW, considering you use that RE5 Wesker doll as your avy, I had seen a really cool Battle Suit Jill figure that I want...from Hot Toys.

Cool, I have a RE2 Ada Wong figure that my sister gave me for Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssmas about 2-3 years ago. The cool thing is that it's unopen, I can't figure out how she found one like that.

@Wesker500, was RE6 really a failure, both commercially and all that?

I know I consider RE6 one of my personal fav's, up there with RE1 and CVX. I think they did a terrific job on that game. The controls, gameplay, music, graphics, story, etc.

I really can't think of too many complaints, and I'm picky.
While I can think about some complaints, I was definitely satisfied overall with this piece. After being hugely dissapointed with part 5 this is a relief. And some of the complaints I have for this game still stems from the problems created in part 5.

Also, I wouldn't consider RE6 a complete action game, it definately put's plenty of emphasis on Survival and Horror, both qualities of the genre, Survival/Horror.

That's one of the things I love about this game. It's alittle something for everybody, Leon is more horror, Chris is action, and Jake is sorta in between IMO.

I really don't care about the reviews the game got, because like you said, RE will no longer get a fair rating, it's either rated by casual shooter gamers that don't know RE, or purist RE fans that are still expecting RE to go back to the formula it had in 0-3. It's rather frustrating. Not to say that's everyone rating it but I think that is the majority.

Caldi23

Played through RE4 for two days. Now I can't play RE6 anymore. I tried to change the controls, but I like L-stick to move and R-stick to aim, but I can't aim and press X with my right thumb at the same time. I'm going to have to change my aim or something. I was happy with the controls before, but I can now see why some people have complaints. When I could use the controls I found it very fluid and easy to communicate my intentions to the character's actions. I just need practice. Specifically I need to beat Ada's campaign on professional.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
I will always love RE overall, each have a pr0 and con in each game and grew to love each one.

Since I made a post in the complaints thread I think it's fair to make a nice post of things to praise since I like this game.

Let's see, where to start....

The little additions of necessary realism. Leon tripping over zombies was hilarious, at first I didn't know what the heck was going on and why Leon kept gasping the throwing his arms in the air. Then I looked on the floor and was like, "Oh, dead bodies. XD" Although sometimes it can get annoying if the area is packed with them and your trying to stumble all the way to the other side of the room. But this is a praise thread. :p

Puzzles!

The fanservice for both male in females were appropriately added to the game and wasn't too over the top. Even Ada's fanservice wasn't that out of place for a change. Having Carla naked made sense because she was just born. Jake being in custody as a guinea pig was the perfect reason to make him topless. That is how fanservice should be done, in moderation and in harmony with the story, not going out of the way to make the characters be sexy on purpose.

I notice alot of gamers seem to hate QTEs, but I absolutely love them, and this game had the absolute best ones I have ever come across. I think it adds realism to the experience in alot of cases. Like having to press the right parts of the circle just in time to not only have Leon shoot in time to save Helena in the helicopter, but to aim properly. The speed you have to press them at is reasonable to dodge a hit as if someone is taking an actual swing at you. Then again, that is why I like QTEs in general anyway, but as I said, this game did it the best.

The fact that it was so dark. I know this is also something some people had a problem with, but at least the developers were considerate enough to offer a setting before the game started.

Acceptable soundtrack. Leon's staff roll is epic it just screams the awsomeness of his character. When I first heard it right after I beat Leon's game I felt this sense of gaming accomplishment and satisfaction. I started reminiscing over the fun hours of the game I just played and the past Resident Evil games of my childhood especially the ones with Leon since the song captures the feel of his character well. That is what a score should sound like, those are the feelings a good soundtrack should bring.

The execution of new characters and the returning of old ones. Every RE fan that knows a little about me knows that I didn't care for Wesker's new direction in 5 and how he got killed off, but since there nothing I can do about it, my optimistic side accepts Jake. He is awsome! I love his attitude, his moves, his depth,...his topless body in that one chapter. :3 and more. Sherry returns as a bad ass but still a sweet girl. I thought she was going to end up bad since they never stated that Leon and Claire made an effort to find her after Raccoon and last we heard she was in Wesker's custody, but I think they retconned that. And now she's a protagonist working as a government agent like big brother Leon. :cool:

Don't even get me started on the epicness of Piers. I don't think I even need to say much about him that isn't obvious. I'll keep the praise at a minimum for now to make room for other stuff in this post. Unlike Jake, he didn't impress my in the trailers, I thought he was gonna be another lame tag along no one was going to remember and/or care about, but he won me over by the first cutscene. Which brings me to my next praise for this game.

It's good to see some more of a human side of a character, Chris being depressed, drunk, and suffering from mental illness. While seeing Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, ect kick so much ass all the time, it's easy to forget that after all that is over they probably go home and cry in their pillows. I felt sorry for Chris, but this was good for his character. I wish they would do scenes like this a little more with other characters too.

I appreciated how they were able to understandably age Leon a little bit without making him look like py****. His looks may not be as youthful as they once were but he's still the pretty boy of the lead characters in my opinion. With his delicious DMC4 Dante lookin' self. :D

*Sigh* That's all for now, I have to keep this post at a minimum if I want people to read it. XD Later guys.

Top Bottom