• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident Evil 3 Remake Cover Art Reveal

D

Deleted member 21244

Aaand the classic outfit is DLC, just as expected. :rolleyes:

I like what they're doing with Brad's character, giving him a bigger role in the remake. Jill also looks pretty good in-game even though I can't get over her having brown eyes.
The classic costume is pre order bonus so if you pre order it it will be free...

no, Jill had blue eyes in the trailer, I watched it in 4k and she definitely have blue eyes, you can clearly see Jill eyes at the end of the trailer when she look in the mirror or at the start when her face is revealed

Edit: a message from the developer and first gameplay

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
photo_2019_12_10_20_49_50.jpg

seems there is no worry about telling stars. his teeth wont bother him to roar...!!!
are they gonna turn Nemesis to someting like Ustanak in RE6?
i mean his arm...
poor Nemesis.

D

Deleted member 21244

photo_2019_12_10_20_49_50.jpg

seems there is no worry about telling stars. his teeth wont bother him to roar...!!!
are they gonna turn Nemesis to someting like Ustanak in RE6?
i mean his arm...
poor Nemesis.
The developer message say that nemesis can take weapon and destroy everything that stand between him and Jill, I don't know if this has something to do whit gameplay, it think that his arm is the same as the original he only had some flamethrower in the hand

Edit: just noticed that nemesis say STARS t minutes 1:21 of the trailer

Ark2000

Pretty damn good trailer, doesn't spoil anything and it shows just enough to make you want to see and know more. Game and characters look great, story changes look good and interesting so far, specially what looks like Jill having PTSD moments following the mansion incident, just like she does in S.D. Perry novels, and if that quick shot at about 2:20 (?) is Hunter or some other monster from original game, it's another good thing to see. Funny, i was just reading the RE 3 manga today, which is not too bad but most of it is just Nemesis and Birkin fighting each other and there are lot of parts which were weird or ridiculous, but also lot of fun moments with Jill and Carlos.

I can't wait to see this game, and it's great that we only have to wait until April!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I wasn't expecting it so soon, I thought the release date would be late 2020, even a Sep 28th release as a fan nod.

But hell I am pumped for this, it easily beats out Cyberpunk 2077 for my most hyped game of 2020.

I'm gonna try for the collectors edition this time.

D

Deleted member 21244

Pretty damn good trailer, doesn't spoil anything and it shows just enough to make you want to see and know more. Game and characters look great, story changes look good and interesting so far, specially what looks like Jill having PTSD moments following the mansion incident, just like she does in S.D. Perry novels, and if that quick shot at about 2:20 (?) is Hunter or some other monster from original game, it's another good thing to see. Funny, i was just reading the RE 3 manga today, which is not too bad but most of it is just Nemesis and Birkin fighting each other and there are lot of parts which were weird or ridiculous, but also lot of fun moments with Jill and Carlos.

I can't wait to see this game, and it's great that we only have to wait until April!
I think the monster at 2:20 is the drain deimos

drain-deimos.png

Nemesis and birkin fighting each other? I don't remember this part in the game

D

Deleted member 21244

Wow so every rumor and assumption were true

Did they update re 2 already?

Edit: no updates for ps4 yet

Also some rumor say that re 2 and 3 remake were originally one package but they decided to split it because it was taking to long to develop and residenr evil 2 would have been delayed for another year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pl...2/10/resident-evil-3-release-re2-package/amp/

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
We see Jill run from Nemesis, and the first thing she does is smooch the ground - I like the character development here! In REmake 1 she used to fall on her butt every time she saw a zombie, now at least she only falls when the enemy is really, really terrifying. :biggrin:

But jokes aside, I like what I'm seeing. They didn't exactly go out of their way to be creative with Jill's outfit, save for a few details it's basically a recolour of Claire's Remake 2 attire after taking off her jacket, right down to the half-boots. It does look nice, though, and definitely more practical for a zombie apocalypse than a tube top and miniskirt, so I'm not complaining. The characters and the game as a whole look very, very good from what I've seen so far, and April 2020 is not that far away. Right on, Capcom!

D

Deleted member 21244

It's only in manga, they have some bloody as hell fights in it, which would have been cool to see in games.
Ah ok didn't know that

The only think I didn't like about this remake is the fact that they are reusing asset from re 2 remake like zombie model , the zombie are the exact same as re 2 they didn even bother to change they face a bit Same model but for the rest it's really good and I m hyped

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
The only think I didn't like about this remake is the fact that they are reusing asset from re 2 remake like zombie model , the zombie are the exact same as re 2 they didn even bother to change they face a bit Same model but for the rest it's really good and I m hyped
Considering this takes place before, during and after RE2 it actually makes sense.

After having rewatched the trailer a dozen more times, my initial, slightly worried reaction have been replaced with an increased excitement. I must say I'm really happy about Brad's expanded role, he was such a coward in the original games so its refreshing to see him take on a more heroic attitude. I'm not sure if its Brad's voice or not that says "STARS office has to be in this direction", but if it is that means he will be accompanying Jill inside the RPD station. It will be interesting to see how they resolve his eventual fate, haha!

The emphasis on more action makes sense as well, but hopefully they won't shy away too much from the core aspects of survival horror that made the RE2 remake so damn good. Constant chaos on the fiery streets of Raccoon City is a warm welcome, however I still expect to be walking through quiet and empty corridors only to be surprised by a zombie out of nowhere. I'd hate to see if there is no slow buildup to tension at all.

I wish Jill's new outfit was more than just a recolor of Claire's outift from RE2 remake though. I'll probably choose the classic outfit on my first playthrough.

D

Deleted member 21244

Considering this takes place before, during and after RE2 it actually makes sense.

After having rewatched the trailer a dozen more times, my initial, slightly worried reaction have been replaced with an increased excitement. I must say I'm really happy about Brad's expanded role, he was such a coward in the original games so its refreshing to see him take on a more heroic attitude. I'm not sure if its Brad's voice or not that says "STARS office has to be in this direction", but if it is that means he will be accompanying Jill inside the RPD station. It will be interesting to see how they resolve his eventual fate, haha!

The emphasis on more action makes sense as well, but hopefully they won't shy away too much from the core aspects of survival horror that made the RE2 remake so damn good. Constant chaos on the fiery streets of Raccoon City is a warm welcome, however I still expect to be walking through quiet and empty corridors only to be surprised by a zombie out of nowhere. I'd hate to see if there is no slow buildup to tension at all.

I wish Jill's new outfit was more than just a recolor of Claire's outift from RE2 remake though. I'll probably choose the classic outfit on my first playthrough.
I think it was Carlos voice saying that quote, Infact you can see him going to the police station alongside a new black character

Yeah resident evil 3 take place before during and after resident evil 2 but this dosent justify the fact That zombie had the same face as the one from resident evil 2, they could have changed them a little...

I prefer Jill new outfit that the original one, probably i m one of the few people that disliked Jill re 3 outfit, it was so out of place for the situation...

latest

latest

item_img01.jpg

The new one is far better in my opinion, the original look weird and awful even whit new graphic in the pre order bonus image... The only think I'm not ok whit is the fact they changed Jill weapon, she is not using her samurai edge but it look like she Is using a Glock

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The new outfit is definitely superior for the fact that if you WERE to escape a zombie infested city, you'd pick clothes that were reliable for tough terrain, but also not too constricting. The original outfit is iconic, but makes much less sense. haha.

I was hopeful we'd get more of a sense of Jill's apartment, but it looks like that might be an opening cinematic - escaping out of the apartment building starting us off on the mean streets of Raccoon. Iconic, but seeing Jill's place would have been AMAZING.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
@Albertwesker959 I think I'm not the only one who's tired of that generic tanktop+pants outfit popularized by Tomb Raider 2013. It's as if video game developers have no fantasy when it comes to action heroines these days.

Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider-2013-Reboot-1.jpg

Jill's new outfit is basically a clone of Claire's final outfit in the RE2 remake, she's even got a necklace as well.

claire.png

At least Claire got a nice red jacket to start off with, that actually made me like her redesigned outfit quite a lot.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Apparently all white women wear a tank top, layered with another tank top, pants, half boots and always find time to accessorize with a necklace - but nothing too fancy because she's still 'out door-sy'.

I mean I'm okay with the design, she looks great, but it is a trope you get tired of. Especially when you ARE a white woman who has never worn that combination of clothing in her life. And a tank top is just something I would NEVER wear if I was afraid of being bitten.

D

Deleted member 21244

Did someone know when the preorder will open? I want to preored the collectors edition the pre order are not open yet

Top Bottom