• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) resident evil 2 darkside chronicles remake.

bruno

Chief Researcher
New Scans from the Famitsu magazine:

2qc4exh.jpg
347d20k.jpg

As it seems, Leon, Claire, Ada and Claire will be together in the game.

Notice Sherry's pendant, the lickers and Marvin

Ada Wong™

bruno;35064 said:
New Scans from the Famitsu magazine:

2qc4exh.jpg
347d20k.jpg

As it seems, Leon, Claire, Ada and Claire will be together in the game.

Notice Sherry's pendant, the lickers and Marvin

Sherry and Ada will be returning in that case! I hope so, that will be pretty wicked. I'm anticipating it more now. ;)

bruno

Chief Researcher
But it's stupid from Capcom to join all the 4 characters. Ada and Claire would defenately not get along... And also Ada and Sherry.

bruno

Chief Researcher
The official site of RE: The Darkside Chronicles was updated. Also, there's a blog in whigh the director will be talking about the game. He posteed once, telling the reason why this game is named "Darkside Chronicles" and some hints about the storyline. I'm actually more optimist about this game after reading that post. Check out the blog here:
http://www.capcom-fc.com/re_dc/

Hoady

Thanks for the info so its looking so far like this will be the remake right?Disappointing but i'm not surprised it would be easier and cheaper to make considering its probably near exact same of the umbrella chronicles.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Did you read the blog? It says the game will foccuse in stories not related with Umbrella, like the destruction of the Birkin family, the relationships between Leon and Ada and Claire and Sherry, while Umbrella Chronicles was foccused in the events related to the fall of Umbrella.
I think this game will be more true to the original plot than UC.

Mark-o

Well here it is the disappointment we all didn’t want to happen but it did, the remake of re2 with this game style. When I first read about them remaking re2 I was so psyched but now seeing this makes me mad. I think capcom needs to remake it like it was and not change too much about the main story but add more into it like they did with the remake of part one. It was a great game and now its has turned into this. I really hope capcom goes back to the camera angles no more of this new stuff they been doing.

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
Maybe Capcom wont fail on us and will remake RE2 the way it was meant to be. I'm still pretty psyched about Darkside chronicles.

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
That trailer makes me want to get the game even more.

It also has me thinking, they could do a proper RE2 remake with the same engine but take it off rails and change it into 3rd person with over the shoulder aiming. It shouldn't be too hard for Capcom.

bruno

Chief Researcher
iHadeSsS;36494 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24o7iaG2K2A

for those who haven't seen it yet, and it looks like a first look at mr x amongst other bosses, for once in a resident evil game the voice acting is dramatic and not stupidly out of place.

That's the same video i had posted... It looks nice. Also, you coud read the blog in the official site.
It says the game will explore the destruction of the Birkin family, and the relationships between Leon and Ada, and Claire and Sherry. Also, they'll make it look like you are really in that place, by adding camera instability (not stopped, like in REUC) , you can see your partner (sometimes you have to help him/her), you can see your gun while reloading, sometimes you can chooe your way, etc. I think this one will be much better than UC, but this isn't defenately the best style for a RE game,

Top Bottom