• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) resident evil 2 darkside chronicles remake.

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

I did see a snippet from an interview that they are thinking about making a proper RE2 remake because of the heavy requests from the fans for there to be a proper remake, weather it happens or not time will tell....but till that time *hugs the copy of the ps1 orginal RE2 closely*....I still have mine ^^

Zombie Enclave

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S;36771 said:
I did see a snippet from an interview that they are thinking about making a proper RE2 remake because of the heavy requests from the fans for there to be a proper remake, weather it happens or not time will tell....but till that time *hugs the copy of the ps1 orginal RE2 closely*....I still have mine ^^

It is also supposed to have a Code Veronica scenario and a scenario of what Leon did during Code Veronica. Can't wait for both of them. RE2 scenario, for some reason, not so much. :dry:

ResidentZelda

Well thinking about it it doesn't sound that bad besides I read in NintendoPower that Capcom is going to show some thing about a mission of Leon in south Africa I don't remember I have to check. But I absolutly didn't like the fact that they're going to make the controls like UC, I almost smashed my face against the wall when I heard that. But I'm gonna give it a try to see how good or bad is it.

And other thing, Why you people are so mad that they're gonna remake it for the wii? I'm pretty much very happy because my PS2 is dead just like my xbox and my mom refuses to buy me a PS3 and my allowance isn't enough to buy it in the next let me see maybe ten years? So my only alive (modern) console is the wii.

rios_mason

I just have one question. I grew up with R.E.2 and I heard that they were putting the remake of it only on the wii. that is exactly against tradition to me and I was hoping against hope if anyone would know if it is also on the ps3 and xbox 360?

A_Wesker123

The Original
I've got both a Wii and a 360 but i haven't been on the Wii in almost 5 months.

REmaking the older games as Rail Shooters is a very bad move by Capcom. The older games are praised for it's old school style survival horror gameplay and to change them to Shooters is just......well it's just a terrible idea.

/rant :p

rios_mason

A_Wesker123;37885 said:
I've got both a Wii and a 360 but i haven't been on the Wii in almost 5 months.

REmaking the older games as Rail Shooters is a very bad move by Capcom. The older games are praised for it's old school style survival horror gameplay and to change them to Shooters is just......well it's just a terrible idea.

/rant :p

exactly my point. if anything they should just put it over the shoulder like in R.E.4.

A_Wesker123

The Original
Yeah i'd actually love to play an over the shoulder version of RE2.

I realise that RE is becoming more of an action game but it should never become a full on shooter let alone an On Rails Shooter.

Nosophoros

I believe they should use zombies again, let the main character have a useful partner, and use the re4 controls/camera angle.

bruno

Chief Researcher
There's a new trailer showing a little bit of Claire and Steve in Rockfort Island. This looks really great!! Scenarios, soundtrack and costumes very similar to the original ones. The only big difference i noticed was Steve. Despite keeping his costume and haircut, his face and voice look much more mature than in the original CV. Also, Steve and Claire walk together through the island. (I hope that, further in the game, in the Antartic facility, you can play with Claire and Chris :lol:
Video:
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/1432...deos/residentevilchron_trl_journey_52609.html

bruno

Chief Researcher
New post in the Blog "Talking Evil". This time, the director speaks about claire again. He talks about how she looks like a biker, but, at the same tine, is a tender and her tough young girl, and also about how she grows up and get's stronger through RE2. He also talks a little bit of her design and how they tried to keep her appearence similar to RE2, only with some needed changes.

Link:
http://www.capcom-fc.com/re_dc/2009/05/title_the_gap_b.html

PsychoJill

bruno;42864 said:
There's a new trailer showing a little bit of Claire and Steve in Rockfort Island. This looks really great!! Scenarios, soundtrack and costumes very similar to the original ones. The only big difference i noticed was Steve. Despite keeping his costume and haircut, his face and voice look much more mature than in the original CV. Also, Steve and Claire walk together through the island. (I hope that, further in the game, in the Antartic facility, you can play with Claire and Chris :lol:
Video:
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/1432...deos/residentevilchron_trl_journey_52609.html

God now that made me want a proper Code Veronica Remake >.<

Top Bottom