• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) resident evil 2 darkside chronicles remake.

loathsbane

that is a slap to the face by capcom, they're turning what is in my opinion the best resident evil into a rail shooter? FOR THE WII? not only is it the stupidest and most useless game style (rail shooter) but they're making it for the wii? i'm sure i'm not the only one who has been anticipating even the notion of a resident evil 2 remake, and when we finally get one like 8 years later, it's a slap to the face. oh capcom you have failed me.

Hoady

Are we positive this is the remake i mean it kinda is a kick to the face.*starts making a letter bomb*

Hcloud13

If it's anything like the original Umbrella Chronicles with the semi Remake of RE3 ill be ****ed.
But ill hold my judgment untill I play the game.
As long as they don't muck up the story and it's true to the original RE2 story then ill be ok...not thrilled but "ok"

loathsbane

i can not be content. i refuse to touch that stupid abomination. umbrella chronicles sucked and so will this. if i want a rail shooter i'll go play house of the dead. typically recycling your old games is just out of the question... but with something like this, it could be epic! and they're not even going to try...

mastermind

if they had made it like they did with the remake of the original then they would have a best seller on their hands there

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think it will be like UC.
I mean, The RE2 part is just a chapter in the game, and Claire and Leon will be together, thus excluding Ada, Sherry and Annette from the game.
Probably there will be another main story (Like the Russian Base in UC) and they show more of Wesker or Spencer.

Ada Wong™

I got a magazine of GameInformer and they said it was coming out sometime in the Winter. In my opinion, I kinda want to take a try with it, but I hope they remain true to the original RE2. If the even change one bit of it, it would throw it off completely. Umbrella Chronicles, I was a bit dissapointed with, it felt more of like a filler instead of an actual RE game.

weskerfan

to be honast,i liked UC.
and even though RE2 will now be a rail shooter like UC,its still a RE2 remake and im gonna love it!!

C. Redfield

I honestly would have prefered to have a full remake but this could be as good as it gets so.....

I'm bying it!:lol:

mastermind

they only show RE2 in the trailer so it is probably just a RE2 remake in the rail shooter. they will probably just make the key points into it like that anette and william were maried and were scientist working for unbrella and that william administered the g-virus to himself
personally i like rail shooters.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I thnk this is an early phase and they're not sure of what to do. As they're sure RE2 will be included and the fans want RE2 to be remade, they only showed RE2 in the trailer. But remember this is only the first trailer.

mastermind

but do you think that they would make a trailer and release it to the public without preveiwing everything that they have planned to have in the game.

weskerfan

it was in a game informer i got in the mail.
it is confirmed that darkside chronicles is not just RE2 , but code veronica as well.:D

bruno

Chief Researcher
Maybe in the CV part, Steve teams up with claire (or maybe Rodrigo) and, in the second part, Chris teams up with Claire. Also, it'd be nice to play as wesker in CV.
Also, would be good if there was a new episode with Claire and, maybe, Leon (Degen? :p)

bruno

Chief Researcher
I heard rumours that, besides RE2 and CV, there will be a new chapter starring Leon in South America

mastermind

i didnt even think of RE:CV a newer remake of that would be nice. that ould explain why you see mostly claire in the trailer
i havent played that one in forever

Top Bottom