• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Q1; Should marijuana be legalized?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
aintnoscrub;68001 said:
Have you ever tried it baxter? Even though its bad for you damn it makes you feel good. I don't anymore but a couple of years ago I smoked it more than I should have for about a year. Times have changed and so have I but that's a different topic.
How easily do you get dependent on it? Is it like cigarettes? Was it easy to quit?

aintnoscrub;68009 said:
v iBaxter;68005 said:
so does takin a dump but i don't get hooked on it...
not everyone stays hooked on it, i did it for about a year and then suddenly stopped, now i dont ever touch it.
What the hell are you two talking about? Until now I thought "taking a dump" could only mean one thing. :confused: What sort of drug is "dump"?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Romero;68021 said:

How easily do you get dependent on it? Is it like cigarettes? Was it easy to quit?

What the hell are you two talking about? Until now I thought "taking a dump" could only mean one thing. :confused: What sort of drug is "dump"?

i didn't really quit over time..just one day i didnt bother with it anymore, simple as that.
dump isn't a drug, he actually means what you think it means

v iBaxter

Romero;68021 said:

yeah man u never smoked a "Dump"...lol:lol:

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
legalize selling weed will only mean people can do it and not get in trouble, I dont think it would be good, the effects can be strong so it would be like drinking on the street and stuff... so I dunno....I'd say its fine the way it is just dont get nabbed but I do worry about keeping a clean slate when Ive got my personal smoke, Iv only ever been cautiond a few times which is why I dont sell the stuff haha. I'd like it legalized but Im not sure thats a good thing because drugs are bad lol

Im not sure how legal distribution would work, if anything just grow it in a park and let people help themselves like renting out, and you stay there for however long like ice skating or go-karting haha. its a plant xd but it aint gonna happen.. there is always holland and my roof =)

if your fast at rolling up then you got no worrys you can smoke anywhere you want lol

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
personaly, it should be, it has some medicinal values, and if used in small doses and not all the time, it would be ok. but it's because people over do it , that it's banned. it's also one of the safe drugs out there aswell,

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
echoey;68031 said:
I'd say its fine the way it is just dont get nabbed
Nabbing = stealing AFAIK, so how do you mean get nabbed?

if your fast at rolling up then you got no worrys you can smoke anywhere you want lol
Is it easy to see if people smoke legal tobacco or marijuana?

Another question. Aintnoscrub said he wasn't dependent on it, I don't know if it works like that on everyone. Do some people get dependent on marijuana, like they do with tobacco?
I think it's the nicotine that makes people dependent on smokes, I don't know if it's nicotine in marijuana. But it could contain other things that causes dependency.

Kellyrose

I was listening to a discussion about this on the radio the other morning. Marijuana is legalized in the state of California for medicinal purposes, but I guess it's really easy to get a prescription for it. There are special drug stores that sell it, but the store itself is very expensive to keep running (6 figures,) so the people running them pay a ton of money to keep in business. It's taxed by the local government, and they estimate that it will generate about $1.3 billion in a year from taxes.

My opinion: It should be legalized. I've never smoked weed or even been high before, but I've had many friends and family members that have used it.

I think the opinion that it is a 'gateway' drug is kind of moot. If a person has an addictive and self-destructive personality, they're going to be hitting harder stuff regardless. I believe that there must be pre-existing conditions or environmental stressors to cause someone to move from weed to a more powerful drug. Both of my parents as well as my brother have smoked weed, and none of them have ever touched anything harder than that. I knew two people that started heroine but they both had extreme mental disorders that existed before they started doing drugs.

I think of it this way: alcohol is legal. Alcohol causes several thousand deaths a year, while it is physically impossible to overdose and die on marijuana.

Look at the number I wrote above. The state of California could make $1.3 billion in one year from the taxes generated by the legal distribution of marijuana. I think that if it were legalized, and it was taxed, regulated, what-have-you, it could provide a big boost to this economy.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I would say no. It is not because it is a drug that gets you mega high, but it also kills you. I am not going to risk my life for some marijuana.

Revenantjack_2.0

I'm in a country where illegal possessions of drugs is the next biggest offence after murder.

Possession of any kinds of drugs can be penalized with minimum 5 years in prison and RM50000(around USD14000) in fine, but if the offender is also charged with the intention of selling it a.k.a drug trafficking, he/she will get the death penalty.

Why so strict/cruel?? Cos they look at it this way, misuse of drugs kills people. So by distributing drugs, it is the same as killing people.

IMO, drugs of any kind shouldn't be legalized to the public. I've seen a 13 year old bought a cigarette and smoked it even though the law clearly stated cigarettes can't be sold to minors. I dread the thought the day they legalize marijuana or any kinds of drugs.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Kellyrose;68045 said:
I think the opinion that it is a 'gateway' drug is kind of moot. If a person has an addictive and self-destructive personality, they're going to be hitting harder stuff regardless. I believe that there must be pre-existing conditions or environmental stressors to cause someone to move from weed to a more powerful drug. Both of my parents as well as my brother have smoked weed, and none of them have ever touched anything harder than that. I knew two people that started heroine but they both had extreme mental disorders that existed before they started doing drugs.

I think of it this way: alcohol is legal. Alcohol causes several thousand deaths a year, while it is physically impossible to overdose and die on marijuana.

Yes! Exactly! Aahh I love you Kelly! :p

I have smoked weed since I was fourteen years old, and I have never touched any other drug. And I have no intention to. I have seen what happens to people who become addicted to heroine, cocaine, crack..or whatever. It's not pretty to say the least.

And no, you cannot overdose or die on marijuana lmao. Believe me, if you could...I wouldn't be typing this out right now. :lol:

And remember this: you don't necessarily have to smoke to end up dieing from it. You can die from second hand exposure.

That means that lady that stands next to you at the bus stop smoking her cigarette...you're being affected by it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Revenantjack_2.0;68049 said:
I'm in a country where illegal possessions of drugs is the next biggest offence after murder.

Possession of any kinds of drugs can be penalized with minimum 5 years in prison and RM50000(around USD14000) in fine, but if the offender is also charged with the intention of selling it a.k.a drug trafficking, he/she will get the death penalty.

Why so strict/cruel?? Cos they look at it this way, misuse of drugs kills people. So by distributing drugs, it is the same as killing people.
That was very strict. I'm guessing that you live in an Asian country? I don't mind strict drug laws, but I hope you are not that strict on soft drugs like marijuana.
And in my opinion rape should be regarded as the next biggest offense after murder, almost equal to murder. I think it's odd if drug trafficing are regarded as worse than rape. Drugs kills, we know that, but so does tobacco and alcohol too. And everyone have a choice, they can choose to not get into drugs. So IMO drug trafficing is a very serious crime but not that serious. They are not brutally forcing anyone to use their drugs.

To get back to the core of the topic....

I don't know if it's true that marijuana is a gateway to harder drugs. I used to think that but now I don't know. Many, - maybe most - of the hard drug addicts have used soft drugs like marijuana. But how many of the marijuana users have smoked regular cigarettes? 90%? I've not heard anyone suggest a toatal ban of regular tobacco because it's a gateway to marijuana.
I don't draw any conclusions. I just throw this out there as food for thought.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Romero;68040 said:
Nabbing = stealing AFAIK, so how do you mean get nabbed?
Is it easy to see if people smoke legal tobacco or marijuana?

"Fart face" lmao!

Nabbed... it was a figure of speech lol if you got drugs on you and police find you, very slight chance they might let you walk away with it still in your pocket, and besides from the smell, smoke, and fagg ends no it isnt easy to spot.

fart face is what i get called sometimes by our trusty sherif.

Kellyrose;68045 said:
Look at the number I wrote above. The state of California could make $1.3 billion in one year from the taxes generated by the legal distribution of marijuana. I think that if it were legalized, and it was taxed, regulated, what-have-you, it could provide a big boost to this economy.

"end the reccession, legalise it" hahah! and "boo, tax free weed."

LordGolbez

Kellyrose;68045 said:
I was listening to a discussion about this on the radio the other morning. Marijuana is legalized in the state of California for medicinal purposes, but I guess it's really easy to get a prescription for it. There are special drug stores that sell it, but the store itself is very expensive to keep running (6 figures,) so the people running them pay a ton of money to keep in business. It's taxed by the local government, and they estimate that it will generate about $1.3 billion in a year from taxes.

My opinion: It should be legalized. I've never smoked weed or even been high before, but I've had many friends and family members that have used it.

I Have To Agree With Kelly As Well. The Gateway Drug Theory Is Total Bunk To Me If You Want Something Harder You Seek It Out.

tremor;68067 said:
Yes! Exactly! Aahh I love you Kelly! :p

I have smoked weed since I was fourteen years old, and I have never touched any other drug. And I have no intention to. I have seen what happens to people who become addicted to heroine, cocaine, crack..or whatever. It's not pretty to say the least.

And no, you cannot overdose or die on marijuana lmao. Believe me, if you could...I wouldn't be typing this out right now. :lol:

And remember this: you don't necessarily have to smoke to end up dieing from it. You can die from second hand exposure.

That means that lady that stands next to you at the bus stop smoking her cigarette...you're being affected by it.

I Think I Read Somewhere That You Can Overdose But You Have To Eat 6 Times Your Body Weight And That Is Impossible. If You Weigh 200 Pounds You Would Have To Eat 1200 Pounds Of Weed I Think You Would Fall Asleep Before Then LOL.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I did word that wrong. I guess you can sorta overdose, but you won't die from it. You basicaly have a mini freak out lol. And that can be fixed with snacks. :p

tequila

Bottle Lover
I'm taking both sides of this arguement. As many others have stated, Marijuana is used for healing purposes. HOWEVER, it should be regulated and distributed to those who need it. The downfall is that many people would either fake their medical condition or get it from someone else who has a prescription. The other side is that it does gain great income to notorious gangs with the black market trade of drugs. Any sort of drugs, whether presciption and/or illegal has their side effectos. It does cause bad behavior, depending on how it reacts to the individual. In general, long and short term effects does take a mean toll on one's health.

I would solely support legalizing marijuana UNDER certain conditions. Either way legal or illegal, people will still get access to marijuana one way or another.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
tequila;68144 said:
The other side is that it does gain great income to notorious gangs with the black market trade of drugs.
As for the black market, I think it can be limited by creating a white market. If there are legal ways to obtain the drug, fewer will use the illegal ways of buying it.

Trinity

I agree with Romero,but the downside would be the fact that if that happened,people would have an argument to legalise "hard" drugs

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Trinity;68159 said:
I agree with Romero,but the downside would be the fact that if that happened,people would have an argument to legalise "hard" drugs
Yeah they would have an argument to legalize harder drugs (I don't know what comes after marijuana) too, but there are so many more reasons to keep hard drugs banned that I don't think it matters if there is one reason to legalize hard drugs.

Trinity

True,but I don't think that marijuana,or any drug can be categorized into "easy" or "hard" ... Drugs are an addiction and they damage your system pretty bad..but so do many addictive things such as cigarettes and coffee,and ordinary pills and painkillers...

Top Bottom