• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 No Sheva?

JMG29

To Let The World Be
I meant "if the other guy insists, I'll look for the other thread." Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Jgraeme1979

I just think that they did not develop Sheva's character enough for the fans of Resident Evil to support her, and to want to see more of her which is why it seems the vast majority of Resident Evil fans dislike her. After the controversy about it being 'racist' because it was set in Africa (where the majority of people are surprisingly non-white or just racists that have used grease paint to darken their skin) I can understand why Capcom added the character in just seems like they'd not really thought about her enough to think that this could be if done right another strong female character to add to the game (although now they are using a grown up Sherry can't see any way they'd ever need/want to us Sheva again)

dude just ignore him lol.

Ignore me? He dosen't need to I was simply asking a question because it seemed very probable. I don't care if he is atheist,Just wanted to know:(

very true, but I try to be normal....it hard eh lol :D
Yeah a lil bit. But I manage :D
I didn't really want to turn that into a conversation but if the other guy insists
Bro I don't care if you have no religion,you're still cool ;)

Genesis_of_Nemesis

Dead Man Walking
Hmm...so much hating on her. I don't get it, but oh well.

Sheva served her purpose, that is why. She wasn't a main character and was simply there to tag along for the ride, much like Billy did in Zero. And like him, she will most likely never be seen again.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hmm...so much hating on her. I don't get it, but oh well.
The reason we hate her is because
1. Her character was unnecessary
2. She was forced upon the players, making the game less frightening
3. Overused the word Partner
4. Replaced Jill
5. Had no character development
6. Many believe she was only added to ease the unjust claims of racism...

These aren't true for ALL people, but from what I've heard around here, they are the big six of causing hate on her...I believe about 4 of em myself...The difference between her and Billy is Billy was a GOOD character...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
The reason we hate her is because
1. Her character was unnecessary
2. She was forced upon the players, making the game less frightening
3. Overused the word Partner
4. Replaced Jill
5. Had no character development
6. Many believe she was only added to ease the unjust claims of racism...

These aren't true for ALL people, but from what I've heard around here, they are the big six of causing hate on her...I believe about 4 of em myself...The difference between her and Billy is Billy was a GOOD character...
Word.

And Billy was way easier on the eyes, in my opinion...of course I'm a girl but, in that same note, I'd take looking at Jill's ass over hers anyday. I mean what's this thing with Sheva supposedly having a nice ass? I've played as her multiple times and I just don't get it. :confused:

Genesis_of_Nemesis

Dead Man Walking
Okay, I can see how some of the reasons stand. The fact that some people believed the game was racist back in the day is just plain stupid (I'm black and I didn't see any reason to make that call). I guess they were alright when zombie Marvin from RE2 and the Spanish people from 4 were killed.... o_O.

Personally, I didn't pay too much mind into her, but I do miss Billy. He was pretty cool and had thought he was back in 6, but alas no. As for the ass thing, can't say for sure. I suppose it's the stereotype with black women and nice asses.

Hoady

She just felt like a tag along, its always nice to bring peeps back in for a cameo like mercenaries, a quick telephone call cutscene or whatever but a mainy again I don't see it happening. Just like Billy and Rebecca, shes gone.. like the dinosaur.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Sheva was not that bad of a partner or a character. Whoever the A.I controlled then made them annoying.
You want to see someone useless and annoying play RE4.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
Wow found this board on a Google search lol. Sheva is without a doubt one of my favorite characters of the resident evil series. I would hope that she is at least mentioned on res. 6 because I doubt she'll be in the game unless its mercs/online. To the people complaining about AI, I simply do not get it because CHRIS controlled the exact same way as Sheva when you played as him. Her a.i. HAS NOTHING TO DO with how great of a character she was. To the person who said jill took her spot, I don't understand how she took it when Jill was already planned to be captured when the game was being developed. Sheva may have not have been Chris's main partner in the beginning, but she was always planned to be in the game. I have the resident evil 5 artwork book and it has some interesting stuff about the development of 5. I also hope that if we get story DLC that their would be a sheva & josh chapter since Africa was one of the spots that had a marker on it for this global bio-terrorism. As much as SOME resident evil fans want her gone i highly doubt we have seen the last of her. I feel that the whole RE5 racist fiasco had somewhat put a sort of damper on how people would view her character before the game was even released and why some ppl just automatically hated her but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I could be wrong.

Off topic: kennedykiller from the vesti?

Here some of the stiff from the artwork book from RE5 I found online.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/resident-evil-5-beta-4-5-information-lost-scrapped-concepts/

It's a great read for any RE fan and i think its a part 2 somewhere on that site.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
resident_evil_5_conceptart_IabNG.jpg

What a cock tease.

Top Bottom