• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 No Sheva?

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I'm not denying that it's the writers fault...But again, I'm not talking about fault...I'm talking about how bad a character she was...
Billy's role was much more than Sheva's...Billy was SUPPOSED to be a dark, cold, mysterious character...Plus, he ened up having the twist in the story that he wasn't the murderer everyone thought he was...And he and Rebecca had MUCH character development TOGETHER than Chris and Sheva did...And Billy was supposed to only be a one game character (we assume) and he did that well...Sheva did NOT do that well, and therefore, the idea of her coming back shouldn't be an issue at ALL...
Lol alright. I stated everything I had to say and I know everyone won't agree. I just don't sit by while people mindlessly bash on a character unless they bring good reason as to why they are bad. She doesn't have the worse character A.I though maybe for some she was being stupid. She played her role and in the end did a decent enough job IMO.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Lol alright. I stated everything I had to say and I know everyone won't agree. I just don't sit by while people mindlessly bash on a character unless they bring good reason as to why they are bad. She doesn't have the worse character A.I though maybe for some she was being stupid. She played her role and in the end did a decent enough job IMO.
Hey, AI isn't an issue to me my friend...Because if you're good at the game you should be able to do it all without her anyway...If you're REAL goo d at the game you should be able to do it all AND defend her...

Reactions: Jay

Genie

About that AI thing, when I played RE5 for the first time I played it co-op with my friend and I played as Sheva and after that when I played the game on solo I played as Sheva again, so Chris was always the stupid AI for me XD
Anyway, in my opinon Sheva would have deserved to be in RE6 because she is a decent character.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
Resident+Evil+Darkside+Chronicles+Claire+Redfield.jpg

I want Ms.Redfield back.
I keep getting alerts saying people "Like" this.
It's official; I have created the best post ever. :D

uildvek

In my opinion, just because a character has a boring background and doesn't add to the story shouldn't mean she should be hated. Like that new alliance guy from mass effect 3, no background whatsoever just stuffed in there for no reason. But I don't hated him and I wouldn't even mind if he reappeared so we can learn about his history.

I really admire sheva's character like her courage to avenge her parent's death, perseverance and care to help Chris and Jill. She was also willing to sacrifice herself to make sure Wesker is dead.
Enough reasons for me to like her and want to see her in another game.

But that's just me

uildvek

Capcom really should have incorporated those bk info into the game via flashbacks etc instead of putting them in the library which the player may or may not read after they finish the game.

uildvek

Anyway, maybe this is old news now but I just stumbled across a post about now her name is in the demo code of 6.(have been living under a rock) I think that's just mercenaries but who knows, maybe she has a small part in the story after all. But its always good to have her back :)

L3X18999

Loyal Decepticon...
I like Sheva to an extent... But I don't think she should main any other RE game... If she does return, it should be as a minor character or only in mercenaries, which would be awesome... I played all of RE5 as Sheva, don't care much for Chris...

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Why are they getting rid of Sheva as she is just settling into the series. ******** </3

cause she's in the African branch of B.S.S.A. and from what i've seen of the trailers. the African branch (of B.S.S.A. isn't involved) in the story. Legit reason i've only can come up with.

Orion Callisto

I want my jacket back.
I don't see the problem. This series dispenses characters regularly, and even if theyre mains (Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire etc.) They go away every few entries too. So, regardless of Sheva's usefulness as a character, don't rule her out. She may not be in Resi 6, but she may be in another soon enough. Chris wasn't playable again untill Resi 5 (as a full campaign) and he is a major main character. so, no worries. just roll with it. It's just how the series is.

Jinxx87

shes dead....she was the token black -chick who would say one liners and say no you didnt!! they killed her off you know home the horror movies work! -Plus she was always in the way and theres bigger things going on then helping out in her rinky dink village..

I think its crazy how people can say that they hated Sheva, when its only because she was black. Resident Evil also has a huge black opulation so having a black character changed it up and to be honest idk how people say Jill is so much better when they re-made her on re5 when she basically just took all the moves that they gave Sheva. I'm not saying i don't like Jill because she is the original but come on sheva was not that bad, she was the first one to introduce the coop and the melee moves and she gets dissed? They say they like excella over Sheva? How can that be when she is one of the weakest players in the whole series. capcom hopefully comes to their senses and adds her to future games because everyone who plays resident evil is white or Asian, like all the characters they have on here. I'm more disappointed that she's not on the series due to her being black that makes me feel differently about the brand.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think its crazy how people can say that they hated Sheva, when its only because she was black. Resident Evil also has a huge black opulation so having a black character changed it up and to be honest idk how people say Jill is so much better when they re-made her on re5 when she basically just took all the moves that they gave Sheva. I'm not saying i don't like Jill because she is the original but come on sheva was not that bad, she was the first one to introduce the coop and the melee moves and she gets dissed? They say they like excella over Sheva? How can that be when she is one of the weakest players in the whole series. capcom hopefully comes to their senses and adds her to future games because everyone who plays resident evil is white or Asian, like all the characters they have on here. I'm more disappointed that she's not on the series due to her being black that makes me feel differently about the brand.

I think Sheva wasn't given enough depth in the game. Neither emotional nor history. I think she was only introduced as a playable characters because Capcom had problems with racism accusations -- in early footage, Chris was the only playable character. I also think many people are angry because Sheva was the one who helped Chris destroy Wesker, when Jill was supposed to do it, since she had much more story with Wesker than Sheva.
About Excella, I havn't played with her much, so I can't compare her moves with Sheva's, but I think she was a great villian, with a decent story, and although she couldn't survive RE5 without Wesker (her character would become meaningless).
Perhaps they could do a prequel game with Sheva and Excella -- who knows?

Top Bottom