• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 No Sheva?

Jay

K.I.N.G.
i kinda have to disagree with you too. she is not the WORSE character in the series. she is pretty much the most pointless however..
Capcom didn't do a good job with Sheva's role or plot much. She was there to calm the minds of certain people.
Had Capcom done more work on her character development she wouldn't seem so pointless. In cases like this
people should see its the developers fault and not hate the character.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Capcom didn't do a good job with Sheva's role or plot much. She was there to calm the minds of certain people.
Had Capcom done more work on her character development she wouldn't seem so pointless. In cases like this
people should see its the developers fault and not hate the character.
You're right that it's the devlopers fault...But BECAUSE of them we hate the character...We can't just say, "oh, well you were rushed and needed to appeal to those claiming racism, so that makes Sheva ok"...If they wanted to end the racism factor by adding Sheva then so be it, but they should have done it much more tastefully, and since they didn't the resulting character was awful, and since SHE is the character, not the devleopers, SHE is the one who deserves hate...SHE ruined the game with her pesence...What you're saying is basically like saying God created evil therefore the evil people are ok, but we must hate God...That just isn't so...

Note- I'm not a religious person, so if I offended my apologies, but it was the best I could come up with to prove my point...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
You're right that it's the devlopers fault...But BECAUSE of them we hate the character...We can't just say, "oh, well you were rushed and needed to appeal to those claiming racism, so that makes Sheva ok"...If they wanted to end the racism factor by adding Sheva then so be it, but they should have done it much more tastefully, and since they didn't the resulting character was awful, and since SHE is the character, not the devleopers, SHE is the one who deserves hate...SHE ruined the game with her pesence...What you're saying is basically like saying God created evil therefore the evil people are ok, but we must hate God...That just isn't so...

Note- I'm not a religious person, so if I offended my apologies, but it was the best I could come up with to prove my point...
No, I can't hate a character with potential just because the developers screwed them up. Can you blame Sheva, a ficitional person for not being a great character? No. Can you blame Capcom for not putting more depth into their character? Yes. They deserve it all and that's where your attention should be going to. Besides, Sheva kicks ass.
I don't know if we all played the same RE5.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Besides, Sheva kicks ass.
Actually, when you're playing as Chris, she doesn't. Every one's AI was better than hers - that alone proving, if nothing else, that she was rushed and put in at the last minute. If they wanted an African character as one of the leads to quell racism claims, I would have preferred it to be Josh, who was quite helpful in Desperate Escape, or Doug, who would have at least been funny and interesting.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No, I can't hate a character with potential just because the developers screwed them up. Can you blame Sheva, a ficitional person for not being a great character? No. Can you blame Capcom for not putting more depth into their character? Yes. They deserve it all and that's where your attention should be going to. Besides, Sheva kicks ass.
We did play it...And it's an awesome game...I'm among what seems to be the few that love RE5...However, Sheva was an awful character...Despite who's fault it is, she is awful...I didn't say we should BLAME Sheva, but it is ok to hate her...Because at the end of the day she has no depth and awful AI...Both worth hating...We don't play RE for the devlopers...We play for the story, the characters, the scares, and the fun...And with Sheva, all but the last one was lacking...And she could even sap the fun out of it at times if her AI was being crummy...

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I would like to umm...well kinda ask and state:
Maybe Sheva was the ''brightest'' character on the boat but well she was rushed and if i may add many of the current games are too i can only remember UC3 and ORC
Anyhow my question is how are you're AI's different...My AI of Sheva was very helpful she barely got into any trouble did what she had to and such
My Chris AI...on the other hand...can go suck it he died so many times that i blew up so many heads on mercenaries until i was satasfied...but don't you think you guys are going a little ''rough'' for a rushed character?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Maybe Sheva was the ''brightest'' character on the boat but well she was rushed and if i may add many of the current games are too i can only remember UC3 and ORC
Anyhow my question is how are you're AI's different...My AI of Sheva was very helpful she barely got into any trouble did what she had to and such
My Chris AI...on the other hand...can go suck it he died so many times that i blew up so many heads on mercenaries until i was satasfied...but don't you think you guys are going a little ''rough'' for a rushed character?
...UC3...UC stands for Umbrella Chronicles when it comes to RE...And there was no UC3...So if you could clear this up it'd be much appreiciated...

Second, we aren't really being too rough because you really can't be rought ENOUGH on an unnecessary, AND rushed character...

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
...UC3...UC stands for Umbrella Chronicles when it comes to RE...And there was no UC3...So if you could clear this up it'd be much appreiciated...

Second, we aren't really being too rough because you really can't be rought ENOUGH on an unnecessary, AND rushed character...

Pardon me i forgot anyways UC3 stands for Uncharted 3 a game from a different series
And honestly i liked every single character from RE and to be truthful fan favorites like Chris and Jill just aren't me
my friend is head over heels for Jill
Me i never liked Chris or Jill there too....in a word common
I like Barry Rebecca or they seem more uncommon Un-expierenced cop/Medic (Also Leon from Re2)
but the main Characters never hit me the way the side character's have i honestly like Sheva more then Jill RE5 likewise her RE3 form was just pure dominince

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Actually, when you're playing as Chris, she doesn't. Every one's AI was better than hers - that alone proving, if nothing else, that she was rushed and put in at the last minute. If they wanted an African character as one of the leads to quell racism claims, I would have preferred it to be Josh, who was quite helpful in Desperate Escape, or Doug, who would have at least been funny and interesting.
We did play it...And it's an awesome game...I'm among what seems to be the few that love RE5...However, Sheva was an awful character...Despite who's fault it is, she is awful...I didn't say we should BLAME Sheva, but it is ok to hate her...Because at the end of the day she has no depth and awful AI...Both worth hating...We don't play RE for the devlopers...We play for the story, the characters, the scares, and the fun...And with Sheva, all but the last one was lacking...And she could even sap the fun out of it at times if her AI was being crummy...
Both of you say how awful her A.I, but bring more than that. Everyone's A.I was not better than hers. Josh in Desperate Escape would sometimes get killed by the most random things. Jill in Lost in Nitemares would stay getting grabbed by the Guardians. Sheva during story (for me) kicked ass. She stayed meleeing and stabbing majini. She gave me herbs and rarely ever died unless we was against Wesker. Just because you have bad experiences doesn't mean she was bad for everyone. I accept the fact everyone won't like her though.
Exactly. Chris on the other hand probably had the worse A.I. I can't count how many times he died or stayed falling behind.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Both of you say how awful her A.I, but bring more than that. Everyone's A.I was not better than hers. Josh in Desperate Escape would sometimes get killed by the most random things. Jill in Lost in Nitemares would stay getting grabbed by the Guardians. Sheva during story (for me) kicked ass. She stayed meleeing and stabbing majini. She gave me herbs and rarely ever died unless we was against Wesker. Just because you have bad experiences doesn't mean she was bad for everyone.
Exactly. Chris on the other hand probably had the worse A.I. I can't count how many times he died or stayed falling behind.
I actually very rarely talk about her bad AI...I don't focus on how a game plays in most aspects...I focus on the story...And Sheva's was AWFUL...

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Both of you say how awful her A.I, but bring more than that. Everyone's A.I was not better than hers. Josh in Desperate Escape would sometimes get killed by the most random things. Jill in Lost in Nitemares would stay getting grabbed by the Guardians. Sheva during story (for me) kicked ass. She stayed meleeing and stabbing majini. She gave me herbs and rarely ever died unless we was against Wesker. Just because you have bad experiences doesn't mean she was bad for everyone. I accept the fact everyone won't like her though.
Thank You for umm....i guess siding with me?
Anyways heck im a very good player and on pro sheva owned wesker with a force that makes the whole majini army go down
Come to think of it....if i ever failed on pro it was my fault Sheva had 100% accuracy

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I actually very rarely talk about her bad AI...I don't focus on how a game plays in most aspects...I focus on the story...And Sheva's was AWFUL...
Again, you should hate the writers who was in charge for Sheva's lackluster plot. She wasn't that bad. She was good as what Billy was to Rebecca. She played her role, kept Chris alive and fighting, and together in the end they defeated Wesker. I say that's a good enough story role.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Again, you should hate the writers who was in charge for Sheva's lackluster plot. She wasn't that bad. She was good as what Billy was to Rebecca. She played her role, kept Chris alive and fighting, and together in the end they defeated Wesker. I say that's a good enough story role.
I'm not denying that it's the writers fault...But again, I'm not talking about fault...I'm talking about how bad a character she was...
Billy's role was much more than Sheva's...Billy was SUPPOSED to be a dark, cold, mysterious character...Plus, he ened up having the twist in the story that he wasn't the murderer everyone thought he was...And he and Rebecca had MUCH character development TOGETHER than Chris and Sheva did...And Billy was supposed to only be a one game character (we assume) and he did that well...Sheva did NOT do that well, and therefore, the idea of her coming back shouldn't be an issue at ALL...

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
There's a saying that goes like this:
If you take a piece from the puzzle you're going to need an extra won when you finish
Same with characters take one out you're going to lose a piece from the puzzle to keep it intact
Ya just gotta leave it alone and finish the puzzle

Top Bottom