• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

i bought darkside chronicles..

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Kagara;60967 said:
It will only show the costume of your partner.

Well, thats a bummer to hear. Oh well, when I get Leon's Mafia outfit, I am going to make sure to put it on him and play as another character to see him wear it.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
bruno;60996 said:
Uh.. sorry to destroy your dreams, but Leon doesn't have a mafia costume in TDC.

I was thinking that it was Leon, but instead it was Chris. I guess when I saw mafia costume I was probably thinking of Leon.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
bruno;60962 said:
I'm sorry, but not. The Chronicles series is exclusive to the Wii.
The PS3 remote isn't actually similar to the Wii. If it was, there'd be much more games using those features. I don't know exactly how it work though.

Ahh yeah, I kind of figured that would be the case with the Chronicles series; didn't think it would hurt to ask and through the idea out there though.

As for this PS3 remote, I've always heard people say that it’s going to be kind of like the Wii remote- except that it isn't really a necessity...? I'm not too sure about it myself, but they are supposed to be making RE5 Gold Edition compatible with this remote.

Thanks for answering my question though!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I also thought that Darkside was money well spent. Great music, mostly good voice acting, improved gameplay over it's predecessor. When I finished the game I couldn't help but smile, it was the first time in a long time that I have had such a great RE experience.;)

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I got the game today and this is what I think about it.

It was amazing. Graphics look good (almost realistic), the same Claire Voice actor is in it, loved the rag doll physics, I loved the reloading animation where you can see yourself reloading the gun, and I loved the gameplay (It is almost just like Umbrella Chronicles excpet with more camera movement, you can't control the camera, and the way that you map you guns.

The only thing I hated about this game so far is not being able to move the camera like you could in Umbrella Chronicles.

aut0matic

i'm not going to lie, i was a bit disappointed by DC. i enjoyed UC a lot more, even though DC did make a few improvements. DC was way, way, WAY too easy... once you upgrade your stopping power on the pistol a few times, no enemy will ever come close to hitting you, it's a joke.

D

Deleted member 1428

I got DC for Christmas today :D!

My opinions on the game:

Pretty good. Nice graphics, good voice acting (especially when Calire is all freaked out in the police station, doesn't sound like a robot trying his best to talk with emotion), the bad things I spotted is that the game screen moves a little too much at times (fight with G Birkin #1), and that sometimes when the character talks, it's mouth keeps on moving even after the voice has stopped.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The voice acting is a huge factor, and Darkside is way better there, than UC of course. The graphics are really nice and cinimatic, but certain things like hair, or the previously mentioned mouth movements are the only things that are really off there. And like UC, there is a somewhat cartoony look to it, for no better word.

DC really had an all-star cast, everyone was great, minus a couple of them, obviously Wesker wasn't very good, and I really disliked Alexia's voice too, Alfred was okay, but it was different, otherwise everyone else sounded terrific. It was a real treat to hear Roger Craig Smith's voice for Chris, he finally has a real good and consistent voice actor who truly defines his character.

It is also really nice to just see Leon & Krauser together in Operation Javier, and just the fact that it is Paul Mercier and Jim Ward(or James Ward as in DC credits), makes it especially pleasing. It's like watching a good movie with really cool actors, it just makes the experience better, which it would not have been had Mercier & Ward been replaced by some cheap ripoffs trying to sound like the characters.

The music of course was one of the best things, RE2 & CVX were nice, but the new stuff was really amazing, especially what plays during the credits.

This game gets a 10/10 from me, it is the first time in a long time that I have had a reallly great RE experience, without many complaints, like with UC, Degeneration and RE5. Pretty much everything post RE4 has really been lazy, perhaps the commercial succuss of that game made Capcom feel that they don't have to try as hard anymore, but Darkside gives me some hope, and we get to look forward to Gold Edition.:)

Nosophoros

Got it for Christmas and beat it on easy. I'm going through it again on normal now.

Things I liked/disliked:
The sad ending was actually better to me than the good one.
Long final chapters make my hands sore.
What ever happened to Steve?
No HUNK T.T
Nosferatu was awesome

Still working on costumes and Tofu, but you won't get any complaints from me.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Steve is dead, Wesker only captured him to get the virus from his body, nothing else.
Hunk got his role in REUC, so he would't be doing anything in RETDC.
I prefer the good ending, the bad one is too surreal.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
bruno;61620 said:
Steve is dead, Wesker only captured him to get the virus from his body, nothing else.
Hunk got his role in REUC, so he would't be doing anything in RETDC.
I prefer the good ending, the bad one is too surreal.

Yeah, you are right on all parts.

I did enjoy seeing, or rather hearing HUNK, although I didn't like how they decided to continue to use his RE4 Mercs outfit to replace his Umbrella Special Forces one, in fact they went and made the RE4 Mercs outfit the standard issue for each of the members...

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I forgot about this a few days ago.

The last 2 chapters of Operation: Javier are kinda of useless. There are the exact samething as chapters of 4 and 5, but you can hear Krauser's thoughts. They also tune up the difficulty. On easy on 4 and 5 it was easy, but on easy in 6 and 7 is just plain hard. They even make it where you die in just 4 hits from one of the skinny bat creatures.

My advice: Stay away from Chapters 6 and 7 on Operation: Javier. Only go on them if you want all cutscenes, want some costumes, and you want to see the Wesker ending.

EDIT: I just found a mistake in DC. For some reason they mispelled John in the John and Ada picture. They put Jon instead of John. I just wanted to in the mistake.

EDIT: I just unlocked this today. I unlocked tofo mode and it is kinda fun and funny. You got tofo coming after you, and these are the strongest enemies in the game. They are easy to kill, but when they hit you 4 times it is game over. You only have 1 weapon for the whole thing and no other weapon. All you have is just a un-upgraded pistol and there are no herbs or health sprays. In order to unlock the mode you must complete Operation: Javier on Normal difficulty excluding the 2 unlockabe chapters.

C. Redfield

I got it for Christmas and totally loved the game! The only thing I didn't like about it was how they portrayed Alexia... She was much more sinister in The original.:(

weskersbarber

i bought the darkside chronicles two days ago and im loving it so far. i think its much better than the umbrella chronicles because of the easier headshots and its easier to get an A rank

RichardB

Premium
weskerfan;60464 said:
and i have to say..
im impressed.
i knew it was gonne be good.
i really like it.
good graphics,good camera style,ect.
and the new origional story is really cool in my opinion.
and Krauser is really cool as a good guy.
the game was worth the money deffinitely.

I Agree, RETDC is worth the money and a good play!

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
RichardB;62452 said:
I Agree, RETDC is worth the money and a good play!

The only problem is that there are hardly any zombies that grap you.

I really liked that in Umbrella, just watching your character kick, punch, break a neck, or use a stun gun was just plain fun to me.

weskersbarber

BIGHARD CHEATER;62490 said:
The only problem is that there are hardly any zombies that grap you.

I really liked that in Umbrella, just watching your character kick, punch, break a neck, or use a stun gun was just plain fun to me.

i was thinking the same thing because it saved alot of ammo as well

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
weskersbarber;62501 said:
i was thinking the same thing because it saved alot of ammo as well

Samething here, that and it looks cool.

So far what I can remeber from Umbrella there was alot of grabbing zombies, like maybe around 200, or fewer, or every zombie liked to grab you.

In Darkside there was only 3 zombies that grab you, the first one is right before you enter the RPD in Memories of a Lost City, one them in the lockup in Memories of a Lost City, and the last is in the Dam in Operation: Javier.

I wish that there was like hundreds of them in Darkside, but in Darkside when I zombie grabbed you he goes ahead and bites you without just trying, in Umbrella they try.

Another thing that I Umbrella had that Darkside didn't have were Sub Scenarios. In Umbrella there was 6 sub scenarios all of them were had a good amount of time in them, except Death's Door and 4th Survivor, only 1 chapter in them. In Darkside there was only 1 sub scenario and that was Operation Javier chapters 6 and 7, but the scenario sucked because it was only Chapters 4 and 5 being played again with Krauser monologing during the whole thing and having a ending with Wesker in it.

Plus I was wandering of one thing, and that was why didn't it have a level or chapter where you play as Ada, she goes on by herself during two points plus she was by herself in the garage so she must have done something during that amount of time, but nope you have to play as Claire and Leon for the whole thing.

Top Bottom