• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you remember... your first time? :P

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
No, I don't mean that, silly. Do you remember the first time you 'entered the world of survival horror', as Capcom so eloquently put it?

My first introduction to the Resident Evil series was through the 2nd game, which we decided to rent after seeing a 'made by the creator of Resident Evil' label on the back of a Dino Crisis cover. I'm guessing probably sometime in 1999 or 2000. I remember being scared sh*tless at the zombie hands that burst through the barred up windows in the police department. I think we put it down after that. :lol:

So, anyway- do share!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
re1 so so so many years ago, when i was in primary school.
cant remember what year exactly.
got it on a saturday lol.
got scared saturday night lol

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Haha, I know, me too.

I was actually really late when it came to playing the first game. I think I bought and played the director's cut after getting the REmake, haha.

Tallahassee

was playing re1 when the dogs jumped out at you... elped paused it. sat there..unpaused it and died .....

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It's not that many months ago. I took a look at the pile of games that I'd not tried yet. I picked RE4, cleaned the dust of it and loaded it.

After the intro, I found myself outside the car. I was a bit nervous and tense from the beginning, turning around aiming everywhere, expecting something nasty to jump at me right away. :lol:

Spotted the first crows. "Are they a threat?" "Can I shoot them?" "What's the consecuences?" I don't remember exactly, but I can imagine myself thinking something along those lines. :p

It took me a good while to get used to the controls. The game was difficult because Leon often did something else than intended, costing him alot of wounds.

I expected to find very little ammo, so I put alot of effort into spending only one bullet per enemy (leg shot). I then killed them with the knife.
This was of course not necessary, so I ended up making the game much harder than it really is. :ermm: Later I found myself buried in ammo.

Broken Butterfly

Alright, so don't all start screaming all at once, but RE4 was my first game . . . which I picked up from a friend last summer. Never wanted to play survival horror before that--it just wasn't a genre I was interested in.

However, the Chicago Typewriter impressed me and I really, really wanted to play with it. My friend handed me the controller--it was inside the tower thingy in Salazar's Castle before you cross the bridge to fight the two Garradors--and he had just removed the three planks of wood from the machinery. I nearly peed my pants, I tell you!

I believe my words were so eloquently stated: "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! WHAT DO I DO MAKE THEM GO AWAY WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY?!?!"

Well because I loved the storyline and I wanted to play with that infernal machine gun, my friend told me that if I bought a copy of the game and played through the first bit on my own, he'd give me a CT. So I did. So techincally the first time I played it through, I cheated majorly.

Heheh.

Trinity

RE 1, I was 10,maybe 11. It was so frightening,but the first time I made it to the first room only,I was so scared :)

Levan

Polkka. lol
I saw RE1 before, long way back I think when I was just about 8 years old. I never played it though, but my brother did, it was pretty fun(yet scary) to watch back then. :p

The first RE game I played was RE:CVX when I first got my PS2. First it scared me, but after a while I got the guts to play the game fully until I was able to finish it.

Volthora

RE2 was the first game I ever tried, it was on a demo cd that came with either a playstation magasine I got, or it came with the playstation my father bought for me.

I think I was 11 or 12 at the time, and needless to say it scared the crap out of me, especially mr. X.

bruno

Chief Researcher
RE2... I was very young, so i used to watch my cousin play. It was really scary. Then I got a copy of D.A. when i was a little older. I thought it was good. Then some years later, my brother bought RE4 and i saw him playing. I thought it was so cool and started playing it as well. I kept thinking: "I remember this Leon fellow from somewhere else" also i was curious about Ada and Wesker so i decided to search in later games for them. It was then i got into the RE world.
Oh, and I forgot to say I also saw the first movie which i liked,, and then, when i read that the first game was in a mansion, which had a lab below it, i thought it was the same story from the movie. only later i found it was "slightly" different.

Hoady

Silent Hill is when i first 'entered' survival horror although i was with like 3 friends and we were laughing our asses off at the game(Vagface moles at the school)still amidst all the laughing that game was creeeepy i would've been about 8 or 9 i'm guessing.

BUT...Resident Evil 0 in 2003 i think(wow)so i was 11 or 12 when the **** hit the fan.My friend got a gamecube off his cousin so we wanted to rent a game.We had a look at RE0, got it out and then had mad fun we then hired it out again and brought it to my house and so we decided to opene all the doors leading outside and the windows too just to make ourselves even more terrified.So then started the hilarious Resident Evil 4 saga...so damn funny.

Playing scary games as a kid was the best...at times i didn't wanna play but you had to keep going.Going on Silent Hill alone was the worst though it some stuff was just ridiculous and getting stuck didn't help haha i never got past the school too confusing.

ResidentZelda

Before I entered in the RE world survival horror wasn't my stile, Before I BORROWED (stole) N64 version of RE2 I had a bunch of kiddie games ex: Bug's life XD haha.

The first game I played was RE2 I was about 5 or 6, and I saw my cousin playing the N64 version and I asked him if I could play and he was like "nah I know you're gonna get scared" then I got mad and told him that I wouldn't, so he let me play and I almost pooped my shorts when those hands burst through the window.

But the first time I heard about an Re game was when I was between 2 and 3 years old (Don't ask how I remember) saw my Older cousin he was like 17 ha (he's married now lol it seems like a long time ago) playing in his PS RE 1 and I was just staring at the TV while he played and I got sacred with the hunters lol XD then I left I was too scraed to keep watching lol, but the only line of the whole game that stayed with me until I started playing RE was "You almost became a Jill sandwich!" haha.

L

Lurker
Cant really count re4 sine i wasnt scared other then U3.

So.... just about a month ago i was playing the REmake. It wasnt very scary until the courtyard. i went into the one cabin. I walk in grab some things hear some moans walk out and BAM! Lisa got you. That scared me ****less.

Also Lisa`s 2nd encounter. BARRY WHERE ARE YOU! Wesker got him but i only saw one pair of feet. he must be magic.

fox boy

i don't remember EXACTLY but i think it was RE:3. it scared me with nemisis all of a sudden poping out XD

Tyrant

La Femme Fatale;45397 said:
No, I don't mean that, silly. Do you remember the first time you 'entered the world of survival horror', as Capcom so eloquently put it?

My first introduction to the Resident Evil series was through the 2nd game, which we decided to rent after seeing a 'made by the creator of Resident Evil' label on the back of a Dino Crisis cover. I'm guessing probably sometime in 1999 or 2000. I remember being scared sh*tless at the zombie hands that burst through the barred up windows in the police department. I think we put it down after that. :lol:

So, anyway- do share!

Oh goodness it is funny because that is the EXACT same reason I think I wanted to stop playing Re2 on my Computer Emulator but that was only a few days ago xD

But my first introduction to Resident Evil was about... 2001 I believe and it was Resident Evil 3, I remember my uncle getting it and giving it to my brother and him just nonstop playing it. I would watch and eventually get addicted to the whole series

ValentineFan

I first got into RE when I had the first one for ps1, and I was like wow! look at the graphics! :] I think I was about 7.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Levan;45446 said:
The first RE game I played was RE:CVX when I first got my PS2.
"RE:CVX"? The X confuses me, you did mean RE Code Veronica or what?

bruno;45454 said:
... Then I got a copy of D.A. when i was a little older.
What is D.A.?

Sorry for being such a noob, folks. :p

Levan

Polkka. lol
Romero;46286 said:
"RE:CVX"? The X confuses me, you did mean RE Code Veronica or what?

What is D.A.?

Sorry for being such a noob, folks. :p

There are two versions, Code Veronica in the Dreamcast(I think?) and Code Veronica X on the PS2. I played the PS2 version, CVX. They're pretty different with each other, like for example, Steve has a different hairstyle in CVX than CV. :)

I think D.A. means Dead Aim, if not, I have no idea. D:

bruno

Chief Researcher
Also, CVX has all those cutscenes with Wesker while CV doesn't.
DA is Dead Aim, one of the survivors.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Oh, and just to add a difference between the difference Code Veronicas, the cutscenes of course, Steve's hair, etc, but something I noticed, a difference between the GC & PS2 versions of CVX, the part where Claire is poisoned, in the GC version I had to go and get a serum for her, thus activating a cutscene where Alexia mocks them as "genetically inferior" siblings, while in the PS2 version the scene goes along with getting her out of that "stuff" that had her on back of the staircase...

Top Bottom