• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did Leon actually ever met Jill Valentine?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Jill does look abit Asian, i think she was modeled based on some Asian pop star, and added abit of Caucasian look, I'm talking about the REMAKE, RE5, UC/DC & RER.

Jill was based off of model/actress Julia Voth, who is Canadian, and Rebecca was based off of Ayumi Hamasaki, a Japanese singer (Who I am a HUGE fan of).

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I've played both games and there's nothing that suggests Chris was close to any other teammate that wasn't Jill or Barry.

Chris and Forest were good friends, it says that in UC.

Yep, somebody doesn't actually have a sister...

As for Jill, it's odd how their continuity for her face was so consistent from REmake to RE5 and then when you look at Chris, he looks nothing like himself. It goes beyond aging, their facial structure is completely different.

If you look really closely, Chris has a similar facial structure, just modified and with more muscle. (And steroids xD) But I can totally see how it looks different. From most angles it does look different, but straight on it's pretty close to before.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"

Do you mean Umbrella Chronicles or Book 1: The Umbrella Conspiracy? We do get some good backstory on Chris and Forrest in the book that suggests that they're buddies, just not often on the same assignments.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Do you mean Umbrella Chronicles or Book 1: The Umbrella Conspiracy? We do get some good backstory on Chris and Forrest in the book that suggests that they're buddies, just not often on the same assignments.

Umbrella Chronicles. I've actually only read two of the books, the Zero one and CV. So much better than the live action movies though.

potato

I've played both games and there's nothing that suggests Chris was close to any other teammate that wasn't Jill or Barry. Also, anything regarding photo sharing is pure speculation based on nothing. Barry carrying around a picture of his daughters is not the same thing as "Chris showing his buddies pictures of his hot sister." Only a dumbass would flaunt their sister to their horny friends and/or co-workers.

Jill does not look the least bit asian. She was based on American/Canadian actress and model Julia Voth from REmake to RE5.

Chris was pretty close to the guy who died on the chair, they were like No.1 & 2 in marksmanship, not sure about the rest of the STARS, but key point is it's not unusual Chris shows a photo of Claire to Barry, Jill & the 3rd guy. Come on guys it's just a photo. They do that all the time back in NAM.

potato

Yep, somebody doesn't actually have a sister...

As for Jill, it's odd how their continuity for her face was so consistent from REmake to RE5 and then when you look at Chris, he looks nothing like himself. It goes beyond aging, their facial structure is completely different.

RE1, CVX & Remake Chris was pretty much the pretty boy, even though his Dracula look in Remake was cool but i guess it won't suit his role in RE5 & beyond due to the game becoming action oriented.

potato

The only books i read were the artbooks, so it must have came from one of the game, not sure if it's UC or other games though because i think i knew it even before playing UC. Something about them being friendly rivals.

potato

If you look really closely, Chris has a similar facial structure, just modified and with more muscle. (And steroids xD) But I can totally see how it looks different. From most angles it does look different, but straight on it's pretty close to before.

to me Chris face was distinct with the Dracula look around his cheek & chin, and also the eyes, RE5 onwards Chris looks nothing like that. His face seems to have shrunk compared to Remake.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
to me Chris face was distinct with the Dracula look around his cheek & chin, and also the eyes, RE5 onwards Chris looks nothing like that. His face seems to have shrunk compared to Remake.

His face seems bigger now to me. Then again, I have a concussion so I haven't been seeing things properly. xD

The Darkening Sea

Jill does look abit Asian, i think she was modeled based on some Asian pop star, and added abit of Caucasian look, I'm talking about the REMAKE, RE5, UC/DC & RER.

No, just no. You must realise that is delusional (or wishful thinking). A sane mind and perfect eyes can clearly that Jill is made to look as 'Caucasian' as humanely possible, as are all her real life models. Brown hair, blue eyes, white skin, and complete European facial type. It simply can not be born from the womb of a Japanese mother. There should be no mistake and if there is, I'm seriously worried.

A REAL White/Asian mix

French mother
Japanese father

http://www.syncmusic.jp/wordpress/?p=10831

Notice how the extremely recessive White side disappears in the mix. That is reality for you. It is becoming really delusional to think the opposite is true, as if now Whites suddenly have the most dominant traits on the planet! Interestingly, mixes might come out looking more like Ada Wong, but still the difference between her and Jill should be noticeable. I don't know what it is, perhaps you're playing too much Final Fantasy, but mistaking mixes to be pure Asians and then mistaking pure Whites to be mixes, is absurd.

I know I was the one who brought this up, sorry, but it isn't the point of the thread, so let's not rant on please.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I know I was the one who brought this up, sorry, but it isn't the point of the thread, so let's not rant on please.

... says she after repeatedly questioning the sanity of another user for the crime of stating his opinion that Jill looks a little Asian to him. Way to go!

Anyway, I don't care about Jill's... race, heritage, or whatever the politically correct term would be. I stick with my notion that she's the one with the least connections. I'd say the other main characters besides her are Chris, Leon, Ada, Claire and Wesker. Secondary main characters are Sherry, Barry, and possibly Jake. What we know for sure:

- Chris knows and has met them all.
- Leon knows everyone except Barry, but has never met Wesker in person. We don't know if he's aware of Jill, but it seems likely.
- Ada, even though she has never talked to most of them, also knows the names, faces and general characteristics of everyone but Barry and Jill.
- Claire is Chris's sister, friend of Leon, Sherry and the Burtons, one of Wesker's enemies, has at least heard of Ada, might have heard of Jill (although it's less likely than the other way around), and only doesn't know Jake. (But she will once she's invited to his and Sherry's wedding.)
- Wesker knows and has met everyone except Jake.

Compare that to Jill who, as I said at some point before, only knows Chris, Wesker and Barry for sure, probably knows of the existence of Ada and Jake after the 2013 outbreaks, and may or may not be semi-aware of Leon, Claire and Sherry. So yeah, she doesn't seem to get around a lot. But keeping several groups of characters apart most of the time might not be a bad thing at all; imagine how random it would seem if Jill and Sherry, for example, were suddenly partners on a mission...

The Darkening Sea

if you played RE1 & Remake, you would have known that Chris was very close to his teammates, Barry & the other guy who died sitting on a chair (the guy who ends up chasing you with explosives in Remake), so it'd not be a surprise one of the guys asked Chris to show a picture of Claire. We aren't talking about some shallow friends whom you meet in Pubs. Also since Barry has 2 daughters, it's nothing unusual that Barry shows Chris pictures of his daughters & Chris shows Barry a picture of Claire. They spend lots of time together, and knowing Chris is not those secretive type of guy, i don't see why showing pictures to each other is not normal. It's not like STARS had many things to do before the events. it's not like Chris shows a picture of Claire in bikini or something.

So they both carry photos around with them, do they? (Remember they didn't have little handheld phones back then with digital media on it.) I should imagine this would be awkward, especially at work.

Chris: Hey Barry, here's a picture of my sister, Claire.

Barry: Cool man, he's my two beautiful girls, Moira and Polly.

Maybe if Barry came round to Chris's apartment (though I can't imagine why) and spotted a picture of Chris and Claire in a frame, then he might ask about her. At least that would be a normal circumstance. It is more awkward for Chris to show a picture of a teenage girl with breasts, butt, and a maturing face, than for Barry to show a picture of him and his little kids. Barry might think Claire is sexually attractive and the exchange is not the same.

I believe Forest Speyer was the one who got his eyes pecked out on the Mansion balcony. You get the rocket launcher from him. Why did Bravo Team get the best weapons?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
So they both carry photos around with them, do they? (Remember they didn't have little handheld phones back then with digital media on it.) I should imagine this would be awkward, especially at work.
Why not? Before cell phones had built-in cameras, many people kept small photos of loved ones in their wallets. It was extremely common. It was also extremely common to show other people these photos when you were talking about your family.

If Chris had a photo of Claire, is was likely a high school or college headshot as these came in wallet-sized prints. Chris is not Jaime Lannister, I highly doubt he'd keep a sexual photograph of his sister anywhere.

The Darkening Sea

Why not? Before cell phones had built-in cameras, many people kept small photos of loved ones in their wallets. It was extremely common. It was also extremely common to show other people these photos when you were talking about your family.

If Chris had a photo of Claire, is was likely a high school or college headshot as these came in wallet-sized prints. Chris is not Jaime Lannister, I highly doubt he'd keep a sexual photograph of his sister anywhere.

Claire likes to wear tight tops and jackets, and bare her mid drift. I take it as part of her general wardrobe. I was referring to the likelihood of Barry having seen a picture of Chris and Claire together, like on casual days. But maybe a picture in Chris's apartment, not his wallet.

Perhaps something similar to this:

http://costakathy.deviantart.com/art/Chris-and-Claire-Redfield-310348682

Given the situation, Barry is a man with a dick... he might think things.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Claire likes to wear tight tops and jackets, and bare her mid drift. I take it as part of her general wardrobe. I was referring to the likelihood of Barry having seen a picture of Chris and Claire together, like on casual days. But maybe a picture in Chris's apartment, not his wallet.

Perhaps something similar to this:

Barry is a friend of Chris' family. He's more than likely seen her in person. So whether or not he's seen pictures is kind of irrelevant.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I know we are talking about fictional characters here, but I find this train of thought to be very... well, I'm not following. At all.

Yes, many men are horndogs but most are also very decent people. I think the suggestion that a full-grown, mature man cannot show a picture of his family to a close, HAPPILY MARRIED, friend and coworker in the off-chance that the friend might be sexually attracted to his sister is silly.

Chris has no reason not to trust Barry when it comes to Claire and he's not going to have inappropriate photos of his sister lying around. Speaking very generally, you have to give people the benefit of the doubt. Not all men are Bill Cosby.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to derail the thread but I was just a bit taken aback by that comment.

The Darkening Sea

I know we are talking about fictional characters here, but I find this train of thought to be very... well, I'm not following. At all.

Yes, many men are horndogs but most are also very decent people. I think the suggestion that a full-grown, mature man cannot show a picture of his family to a close, HAPPILY MARRIED, friend and coworker in the off-chance that the friend might be sexually attracted to his sister is silly.

Chris has no reason not to trust Barry when it comes to Claire and he's not going to have inappropriate photos of his sister lying around. Speaking very generally, you have to give people the benefit of the doubt. Not all men are Bill Cosby.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to derail the thread but I was just a bit taken aback by that comment.

Saying that it is awkward by showing a picture of someone whom Barry might be sexually attracted to, in exchange for Barry's daughters pictures, is not the same as saying they can not show the pictures at all. Who said anything about not trusting Barry? Your ideation, not mine.

The latter part of your complaint is irrelevant, because I already made a joke about how Chris wouldn't have incest-like pictures of Claire.

Barry may indeed notice Claire in a sexual way, and yet this picture is pretty normal:

Top Bottom