• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did Leon actually ever met Jill Valentine?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Fair enough. I just find it very odd for the BSAA to be formed at the request of the American government only to be completely disengaged. But whatever, I don't really care.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Fair enough. I just find it very odd for the BSAA to be formed at the request of the American government only to be completely disengaged. But whatever, I don't really care.

I wouldn't doubt Kennedy's point that they simply want to keep away US control over the BSAA, but at the same time I feel the same way as La Femma about 2 organizations with the same goals not at least meeting up to discuss bioterroism on occasion.

It just would make no sense to me since both have survivors from the outbreaks and bioterroism is such a huge problem in the Resident Evil verse that you would figure these 2 would work more closely.

But regardless I'm still under the impression that Leon at least met Jill on 1 occasion (perhaps at one of those theoretical meetings), even if he never saw her in person again afterwards.

Preeve

Does Claire knows Jill? Barry? Rebecca?

Does Jill knows Leon? Ada?

Does Leon knows Jill? Barry? Rebecca?Wesker? I know he heard of him but did they ever meet?

I think Leon or Claire may recognise Jill. In RE2, both characters enter a S.T.A.R.S. office which Chris, Jill and Rebecca work in. Jill's workspace is opposite Chris' as it has her signature hat on a desk. If you go to the desk, Leon/Claire see a picture which has "a girl and a person who is presumably her boyfriend". Since that picture was at Jill's desk, that picture was probably Jill and her "boyfriend". Both Leon and Claire recognise a "rookies desk" which was Rebecca's. I'm not sure how Claire would recognise Rebecca but Leon could recognise her, as well as Jill, Chris, Barry and Wesker since they all worked in the same place, although Leon was new (he may have seen those characters while applying for a job or something). I doubt Jill would recognise Leon, unless we count the "seeing each other while working" thing. Claire would have most likely heard of Jill, Wesker and Barry through Chris, as Chris knew Barry for a while.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Claire knows Barry and most likely knows Jill, considering Jill is her brother's best friend and she's in the BSAA/S.T.A.R.S. with Chris and Barry.
It's a possibility Leon knows Jill and Barry, since they're in the BSAA and Leon knows Chris (even though they met because of Claire).
Rebecca we haven't heard from in a long time, and she was new to S.T.A.R.S. so she might not have known Claire, but it's hard to say.
Leon never met Wesker because if he did, it would probably be said or on screen.
I don't think Jill knows Ada, considering the other BSAA members didn't even recognize her in RE 6. There wouldn't really be a reason for them to know each other.

potato

Claire knows Barry and most likely knows Jill, considering Jill is her brother's best friend and she's in the BSAA/S.T.A.R.S. with Chris and Barry.
It's a possibility Leon knows Jill and Barry, since they're in the BSAA and Leon knows Chris (even though they met because of Claire).
Rebecca we haven't heard from in a long time, and she was new to S.T.A.R.S. so she might not have known Claire, but it's hard to say.
Leon never met Wesker because if he did, it would probably be said or on screen.
I don't think Jill knows Ada, considering the other BSAA members didn't even recognize her in RE 6. There wouldn't really be a reason for them to know each other.

Leon serves the President, he gets all the reports over Raccoon City & BSAA, so it's unlikely Leon doesn't know any of the key people involved, whether he knows them in person is another question. Plus STARS team is like the superheroes in RPD, so most likely Leon would have known about them, or even heard about them when he was a teen. It's like knowing your local firemen.

Claire should have heard about Chris's buddies more or less, seeing how much free time STARS unit actually had prior to the incident. They've at least seen a photo or 2. I mean what kind of brother wouldn't show his buddies a photo of his hot sister?

The Darkening Sea

According to supplement material, Jill is meant to be half Japanese??

As far as I’m concerned she isn’t with Julia’s face.

Some of this supplement material is completely at odds with the actual games, and at the very least, it is questionable.

They can’t take the pure looks of whites and stick their heritage on it, and then expect to be taken seriously at the same time. It defies biological reality. Whites are highly recessive and often disappear in the mix – not the other way round. It’s common sense even. I can’t buy it and the character of Jill no longer seems believable or valid.

Maybe this was the original intention for the character, but they decided to drop it for the games? It also might explain why Ada shows up in RE2 as like a substitute for what Jill was meant to be. I think that is a sensible conclusion.

The Darkening Sea

Jill is the main character with the least connections to other (main) characters. She knows Wesker and Chris and has probably heard of Claire if she's really as close to Chris as some people would like her to be, she might also know about Leon if he regularly shares his "Kennedy Reports" with the BSAA, but I doubt that she has ever met him in person. She doesn't know Ada, Jake or Sherry, and probably hasn't even heard of them. Chris, on the other hand, knows almost everyone as of RE6, although he has the wrong idea of Ada.

Jill would know about Sherry because she had a G-embryo put in her and that is a hazard as far as the BSAA is concerned. Jill will know from Chris who will know from Claire, who visits Sherry in government custody. Information passes from one mouth to the next, you know.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
If that was the case, then every character would have heard of everyone else by now. But the BSAA didn't exist at the time Sherry got infected, and her dialogue with Chris in Edonia heavily implies that her being a Raccoon City survivor (and therefore involved with bioterrorism) isn't common knowledge. Now Chris clearly knows her through Claire, he confirms as much himself, but whether or not he knows about the G-virus in her blood is debatable, and even if he did, he would probably keep it secret to protect her.

It's like knowing your local firemen.
Do you know your local firemen, though? Because I don't. I usually never know their names until they come knocking on Helheim's doors, being forced by Modgud to tell her. But I agree with Leon probably knowing many people. He works for the government after all.
I mean what kind of brother wouldn't show his buddies a photo of his hot sister?

Um... Any good brother who isn't a complete dick?

Last edited:

The Darkening Sea

Yeah, just because they met each other in a certain year doesn't mean they hang out on the daily. It's all business with them. Even Claire doesn't seem to have a personal relationship with Leon. At least that's how it felt in Degeneration. They just randomly came across each other again. Like I said, they probably know of each other, but I doubt they have ever met. They have no reason to cross paths, ever. Leon and Chris probably exchange information of their missions, but it's not like they go out to bars and whatnot or even have to meet face to face.

Fredrick the (posh Englishman) and ‘head scientist’ in an American pharmaceutical company was Claire's source of attention (or distraction) in Degeneration. The smart, polite charmer makes America women weak at the knees. Claire apparently couldn’t wait to get into his car.

But he only turns out be to a baddie selling G-virus samples on the black market. Claire also stated that she has a 'boyfriend' in the airport and that he 'won't let her get any sleep'. The clear-cut indication that Leon and Claire are not that close. Leon should have been Chris and the whole film would have been better with the sibling pairing.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
According to supplement material, Jill is meant to be half Japanese??

As far as I’m concerned she isn’t with Julia’s face.

Some of this supplement material is completely at odds with the actual games, and at the very least, it is questionable.

They can’t take the pure looks of whites and stick their heritage on it, and then expect to be taken seriously at the same time. It defies biological reality. Whites are highly recessive and often disappear in the mix – not the other way round. It’s common sense even. I can’t buy it and the character of Jill no longer seems believable or valid.

Maybe this was the original intention for the character, but they decided to drop it for the games? It also might explain why Ada shows up in RE2 as like a substitute for what Jill was meant to be. I think that is a sensible conclusion.

I find it strange how Jill is supposed to be Japanese and Rebecca isn't, and Rebecca has the Japanese face model.
Jill doesn't look very Japanese, but I know someone from Japan and she doesn't even really look Japanese. Some people are obviously from some country, some aren't. You can tell I'm Swedish and Dutch (I have blonde hair and blue eyes) but you could never tell if you only knew my sister, she's pretty much the opposite of me.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
How did we go from whether Leon met Jill Valentine to whether or not Jill is half-Japanese?

Please begin a new thread if you'd like to discuss Jill's ethnicity. Thanks.

potato

If that was the case, then every character would have heard of everyone else by now. But the BSAA didn't exist at the time Sherry got infected, and her dialogue with Chris in Edonia heavily implies that her being a Raccoon City survivor (and therefore involved with bioterrorism) isn't common knowledge. Now Chris clearly knows her through Claire, he confirms as much himself, but whether or not he knows about the G-virus in her blood is debatable, and even if he did, he would probably keep it secret to protect her.

Do you know your local firemen, though? Because I don't. I usually never know their names until they come knocking on Helheim's doors, being forced by Modgud to tell her. But I agree with Leon probably knowing many people. He works for the government after all.

Um... Any good brother who isn't a complete dick?

Maybe you live in a big city. Raccon City is a relatively small town. And in small towns, everybody knows everybody.

I would assume both CIA & BSAA knows about the key people involved, so Jill should know about Leon & Ada up until the point she fell into the river together with Wesker. Also during CVX Claire would have told Chris everything she knows prior CVX, and Chris probably shared the info with Jill & BSAA, so it's no surprise that everybody knows everybody but just never met each other.

potato

Stuff like this is precisely why I hate people. You either don't have a sister or you're just an idiot.

if you played RE1 & Remake, you would have known that Chris was very close to his teammates, Barry & the other guy who died sitting on a chair (the guy who ends up chasing you with explosives in Remake), so it'd not be a surprise one of the guys asked Chris to show a picture of Claire. We aren't talking about some shallow friends whom you meet in Pubs. Also since Barry has 2 daughters, it's nothing unusual that Barry shows Chris pictures of his daughters & Chris shows Barry a picture of Claire. They spend lots of time together, and knowing Chris is not those secretive type of guy, i don't see why showing pictures to each other is not normal. It's not like STARS had many things to do before the events. it's not like Chris shows a picture of Claire in bikini or something.

potato

I find it strange how Jill is supposed to be Japanese and Rebecca isn't, and Rebecca has the Japanese face model.
Jill doesn't look very Japanese, but I know someone from Japan and she doesn't even really look Japanese. Some people are obviously from some country, some aren't. You can tell I'm Swedish and Dutch (I have blonde hair and blue eyes) but you could never tell if you only knew my sister, she's pretty much the opposite of me.

Jill does look abit Asian, i think she was modeled based on some Asian pop star, and added abit of Caucasian look, I'm talking about the REMAKE, RE5, UC/DC & RER.

Turo602

The King of Kings
if you played RE1 & Remake, you would have known that Chris was very close to his teammates, Barry & the other guy who died sitting on a chair (the guy who ends up chasing you with explosives in Remake), so it'd not be a surprise one of the guys asked Chris to show a picture of Claire. We aren't talking about some shallow friends whom you meet in Pubs. Also since Barry has 2 daughters, it's nothing unusual that Barry shows Chris pictures of his daughters & Chris shows Barry a picture of Claire. They spend lots of time together, and knowing Chris is not those secretive type of guy, i don't see why showing pictures to each other is not normal. It's not like STARS had many things to do before the events. it's not like Chris shows a picture of Claire in bikini or something.

I've played both games and there's nothing that suggests Chris was close to any other teammate that wasn't Jill or Barry. Also, anything regarding photo sharing is pure speculation based on nothing. Barry carrying around a picture of his daughters is not the same thing as "Chris showing his buddies pictures of his hot sister." Only a dumbass would flaunt their sister to their horny friends and/or co-workers.

Jill does look abit Asian, i think she was modeled based on some Asian pop star, and added abit of Caucasian look, I'm talking about the REMAKE, RE5, UC/DC & RER.

Jill does not look the least bit asian. She was based on American/Canadian actress and model Julia Voth from REmake to RE5.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I've played both games and there's nothing that suggests Chris was close to any other teammate that wasn't Jill or Barry. Also, anything regarding photo sharing is pure speculation based on nothing. Barry carrying around a picture of his daughters is not the same thing as "Chris showing his buddies pictures of his hot sister." Only a dumbass would flaunt their sister to their horny friends and/or co-workers.

Jill does not look the least bit asian. She was based on American/Canadian actress and model Julia Voth from REmake to RE5.

Yep, somebody doesn't actually have a sister...

As for Jill, it's odd how their continuity for her face was so consistent from REmake to RE5 and then when you look at Chris, he looks nothing like himself. It goes beyond aging, their facial structure is completely different.

Top Bottom