• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Darkside Chronicles Inconsitencies...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well we all know how lazy Capcom is, and I just though I would point out a few things, witht he help of my trusty-dusty pictures.:)
Claire Redfield-
111DCinconsitencies.jpg

Leon Kennedy-
111DCinconsitencies1111.jpg

Steve Burnside-
111DCinconsitencies33333.jpg

Trinity

Ah,the usual mistakes when "remaking" . I wanted to cry when I saw what they did to Lara Croft in Anniversary. Well just have to deal with it.Claire and Leon look ok,Steve's terrible.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't see why Capcom is being so stupid though...I mean when they made the REmake, I had no complaints, all of the little changes were needed, and much appreciated, and perfect, but now they are changing little things that don't need to be...

They kinda sorta changed the number on Steve's back. They added a 0 before his orinial number. In CV it's just 267, in DC it's 0267.

I don't mind Steve looking like Leon, mainly because of Steve's backround...he IS Leon. Lol

Other than the twins not being as beautiful as they were in CV, so far I have few complaints regarding the changes in appearences. ^^

ValentineFan

I think Claire and Leon look good and just updated a bit, but Steve looks really different. As long as the changes are only fairly small, I don't mind. I have a question, not sure about for DC, I think the answer is no, but, is Wesker going to be in it, like he was in CVX, or are they missing out the Chris and Wesker bit for DC?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well that is the thing, they shouldn't be "updated", as this isn't supposed to be Raccoon City 2009, it is supposed to be Raccoon City of 1998...and in 1998 Leon didn't have those things that I pointed out and Claire didn't have those things, etc.:)

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
little things like having her collar up don't affect anything, and not having the pink themed clothes like in the original, i have a feeling that capcom may think that makes her seem to girly, and so decided to go with a slightly different colour scheme.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The collar doesn't directly affect the story in any way, but it isn't how it was, and I personally think it looks stupid...

Regardless of how I feel about it, it wasn't popped in CVX, so it shouldn't be in DC.:)

About Claire's outfit, not sure why they changed the shorts from pink to blue, I personally wish they kept it like it was, but I don't think that particular change looks horrible...

ValentineFan;44123 said:
I think Claire and Leon look good and just updated a bit, but Steve looks really different. As long as the changes are only fairly small, I don't mind. I have a question, not sure about for DC, I think the answer is no, but, is Wesker going to be in it, like he was in CVX, or are they missing out the Chris and Wesker bit for DC?

If they do leave that scene out, someone is gonna get HURT. Lol, Nah, but im pretty sure Project W test subject 013 is gonna make a flashback appearence with Chris Redfield. Id like to see the fight (If you wanna call that a fight) between Wesker and Alexia extended since they wanna go changing stuff. Might as well add some extra fun in there.

Popping collars seems to be a Chronicles tradition. They popped Wesker's collar to his black and blue trench coat in UC before he retardely but sexily threw it to the ground. Seriously that guy has some temperature problems. He's in a damn blizzard in Russia and takes his coat off. And in Africa he keeps his leather trench coat on?

ValentineFan

lol, that was kinda stupid...never noticed that before, I guess it's cos' he doesn't feel temperature anymore with the virus. imo, he should have just kept his coat and shirt off in RE5! :D
I really hope he is in DC, the whole thing with him and Chris will make it more interesting. I wonder if they'd change them like they have Claire, Leon and Steve?

bruno

Chief Researcher
I like how Claire, Steve and Leon look (leon's similar to the RE4 RPD costume, isn't it?). I think the changes to claire were needed, she looks much better now. I only hope Ada and Wesker and Chris to look great on that game (I hope Chris and Wesker will be on the game). I don't like how the twins look like now, but it doesn't bother me much....

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
bruno;44168 said:
I like how Claire, Steve and Leon look (leon's similar to the RE4 RPD costume, isn't it?). I think the changes to claire were needed, she looks much better now. I only hope Ada and Wesker and Chris to look great on that game (I hope Chris and Wesker will be on the game). I don't like how the twins look like now, but it doesn't bother me much....

Leon's outfit isn't similar to his RE4 RPD outfit, it is exactly like it, verbatim, which is the reason I am upset with it...Leon should look like he does in RE2 not RE4, and it wouldn't be quite as noticable to me if they didn't have the knife holster...

Also, you mentioned Ada, they have shown stuff with her, it is the same story as with Leon, they just lazily reused her RE4 Mercs outfit, so during the RE2 section, she is wearing heels & pannyhose instead of the slippers & sweats, and then she is also equiped with all kinds of tacitical holsters and such, thus ruining the original civillian image.:(
1111122223333DarksideStuff.jpg

And also, don't know if anyone noticed, but Ada's hair in RE2 was dark brown, and didn't become jet black until some time after the events of RE2, not during.

Hoady

The only thing here that would get me annoyed is Ada because there's no way she would look like that Leon would just instantly assume shes some sort of assassin lol.Leon suit is the same except for a colour change really and i reckon the knife holster is necessary somewhere on his suit i mean where else did he stick that thing in RE2....?But i don't care the slightest bit i just don't think about mini details like that and capcom may have stooged people instantly with Leons and Adas costume but they have been a real dodgy company lately..."Sf4 costume downloads, RE5 verses which is already on the disc".

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah, Ada's really messes with the plot more than any of the others...Claire's just looks different, and Leon having a knife holster, well if they added a knife holster for him to carry his knife, why not add it to everyone else? I think that Leon's knife holster on his RPD uniform is unnecessary, gratuitous & even messes with the continuity a bit...

Oh, and as for the color of Leon's RPD uniform, it is a little bit different from the RE2 one, but it looks like Kevin Ryman's, who also wears the exact same uniform, he just doesn't pop his collar or wear a long sleeve underneath.:)

Hoady

Yeah considering Leon is a main character and probably the most well known in the RE universe(with 4 and Degeneration)a colour change does seem most necessary its just so blatent at least slap the blue colours on and with the knife holster put it on his belt, hes not some secret agent from the government yet lol.

I didn't mention Clare but maybe they wanted to because she looked like a biker chick with ridiculous pink shorts it was probably out of place for them but i didn't mind it at all.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah, the color change for Leon wasn't really something I found to be a big deal, and I am a bit picky. And because the color change wasn't as a result of Capcom trying to modernize them or anything, it was a result of them remaking and making it look real, rather than like a video game, as the bland color of blue before was just that.:)

As for Claire, well I never noticed the pink shorts before, but I personally didn't mind the blue ones, even though I would prefer it if they kept it like it was, it would look a bit strange having the pink shorts with pink vest....

I don't mind Ada's hair color too much, if they made it brown again, then they should make Leon's red again. I understand they're not going to do everything fully accurate as it was before, but as long as the changes arn't too drastic and stupid.

What im really worried about is DC being as badly rushed as UC was. I mean DAMN they didn't do a very good job of summarizing the events. I know it's not suppose to be an entire remake of all the games in the series, but at least summarize it right. They completly changed scenes, added stupid ones, and even got rid of some characters just to rush the senario. And seeing Claire and Ada together seems that they're gonna do the same thing with DC. >_>

All they did was half ass and nutshell everything.

The mansion incident:

They run in the house huff and puff for one second then Jill and Chris leaves Wesker. Ok...Where the fudge is Barry? he certainly didn't die. Im not a Barry fan, but he WAS there, and just to scracth out his exsistance in UC simply because they didn't feel like doing it or because he's not a fan favorate, that to me is lazy.

Nice outfits are great and increase the enjoyment, but id rather have Chris and Wesker in a dirty t-shirt and some baggy jeans with a kick ass script then to have them in some pimped out STARS outfit with a crappy story...Sorta, lol I do love those outfits, but you guys get what I mean.

lol, that was kinda stupid...never noticed that before, I guess it's cos' he doesn't feel temperature anymore with the virus.
Yeah, and before RE5 I would have thought the virus gave him other amazing abilities too. >_> I'd love to disregard so much of the spit that happend in RE5.

ValentineFan;44156 said:
I really hope he is in DC, the whole thing with him and Chris will make it more interesting. I wonder if they'd change them like they have Claire, Leon and Steve?
I doubt they would go so far as to put Leon and Steve together. But then again, you never know.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think they should make different sub-scenarios in each part of the game. For example, in the RPD, in the firs part, you can play as Claire or Leon. in the second part, you can play as leon or Ada, etc... And Ada should only appear when Claire and Leon are nott together.
Also, i don't like Ada looking like a spy, Leon is supposed to believe she is a civillian. Unless she finds the equipment somewhere in the station. It'd be nice to play as Ada when she is not wit Leon, and watch her messing up with Anette, tring to get the virus, and later, what happened when she woke up and escaped from the lab, which should include her throuing the RL to whoever fights the tyrant in the end..
In the CVX scenario, Wesker should be playable, looking for alexia. After Steve was captured, Claire should team up with Chris until the end of the scenario. Alexia should appear more, and not return to normal after she mutated once (nor Steve)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
@013, the hair and all is something that I personally noticed and get annoyed by because I am picky, but it isn't a real drastic change, not in the same league as the holsters or a knife holster....

@Bruno, I think we can all agree how it messes up stuff with Leon being her RE4 Mercs character model. I personally found her character to be cooler in RE2 than I did in RE4, just because of how she was presented and how they concluded with her, she was a spy, there was that mysteriousness to her, and she was of course posing as nothing more than a simple civillian looking for her lost boyfriend John...so maybe that whole thing with the holsters and even the heels and stuff that replaced her original outfit are alt costumes, maybe if we hit Capcom where it hurts before the game comes out they could change stuff like that.:)

Hell it worked for N'Gai Croal didn't it? I mean in RE5 we got multiracial enemies and a native partner who got a larger role than any other side partner character in the whole universe of RE....

Top Bottom