• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Anybody hate steve burnside..

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
as much as i do, seriously i cant stand him, not only does he has a very annoying voice, (bloody resident evil voice actors) he also is a pain in the backside, constantly running off and having emotional fits, now i know thats what all side characters in resident evil do, but he especially annoys me, and how is he related to the games, or was he just stuck in there?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yeah, he's a really irritating character. As for his role in the series, his father was an Umbrella employee who was selling company secrets or something like that. So him and Steve were brought to the island as prisoners, and I believe his mom was killed.

But yeah, he'd drive me insane if I was Claire, heh.

aintnoscrub

Premium
ahh yes i remember now, hence the sequence between him and daddy zombie lol
i do feel sorry for claire though, if i was her, i would just leave him be, and let him run away, then he has the nerve to come at her with an axe
:|

aintnoscrub

Premium
i'd love to see them 2 locked up and dumped at sea, but i guess him and claire made some kind of connection, so i shouldnt hate on him so much lol

aintnoscrub

Premium
steve is too emotional in that kind of situation, he just keeps running off, and acts like a spoilt 10 year old.
i would much rather see leon in that situation supporting claire.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Black dragon knight;38330 said:
i think that Steve is a cool and brave person. he saved Claires life more than once. and he is much cuter and more reliable than Leon.

Oh, no you didn't just go there. :p In what ways was he 'more reliable' than Leon? :confused:

Cheer

Kamen Rider
well he always saves Claire. he saved her from that yellow monster, he saved her from his father, he saved her from Alfred, and he gave his life to protect her from that tentical.

aintnoscrub

Premium
first off he didnt save her from his father, fact is she could have took him, but i mean she's fully equipped and all.
and whats this yellow monster you talk of?
don't forget he almost kills her at the start because he is trigger happy, and then locks himself in the gold luger room, just because he is greedy and has to have the shiny guns, so claire has to save his ass.
leon would be more reliable..fact

Trinity

I loved Steve.. Yeah he was a bit of a spoiled brat,but he proved worthy.
And his emotional struggles were kind of amusing..A bit of drama doesn't hurt. ;)

Cheer

Kamen Rider
iHadeSsS;38356 said:
first off he didnt save her from his father, fact is she could have took him, but i mean she's fully equipped and all.
and whats this yellow monster you talk of?
don't forget he almost kills her at the start because he is trigger happy, and then locks himself in the gold luger room, just because he is greedy and has to have the shiny guns, so claire has to save his ass.
leon would be more reliable..fact

yes your right but she didn't she kept asking steve to help her killing his father. and that yellow monster is the one with one long hand. he jumps through the window and land on the ground and shoot that monster with the gold guns.

oh don't forget that Steve is the one who told Claire that her brother Chris is being followed.

and about shooting her at the begining he didn't know that she isn't a zombie. anyone would've done that if that person was in Steve's place

aintnoscrub

Premium
steve has the emotions of a twelve year old, and leon is a hardass.
steves trigger happy, and needs to control himself a little more, if i was in that situation, where its life or death, the last thing i would want is someone blubbering on my shoulder about how they felt about mee, i mean he's basically accepting death that way, and putting a downer on everyone else who plans to survive.

aintnoscrub

Premium
not true, the prison guard lets her out at the beginning, and so that was her chance to escape, is however she was more careful after that, she could easily survive

aintnoscrub

Premium
how can you possibly say capcom disagree with me..
steve is put in there to be the so called "white knight" every game has one, with claire being the damsel in distress, when in fact she's tough as hell, and if it comes down to it could fight her way out of anything, i mean that cutscene where steve "saves" her from the bandersnatch or (yellow thing) as you called it, theres nothing to say she couldnt save herself, for one, she goes up against half a dozen bandersnatches in the whole game, and if your quick on the trigger you can easily destroy them.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
If I had to choose between Leon and Steve as most 'reliable', I'd choose Leon anyday of the week, and twice on Sundays. That's not just because I like Leon, it's because he's far more skilled and determined an individual. Let's face it: there's no way in hell that Steve could do what Leon did in RE 4. No flippin' way.

He's tempermental, impulsive, and reckless, which aren't key qualities I'd look for in someone I'd need to rely on. I mean, come on, Leon is a government agent and has been a cop... Steve is just some kid who got caught up in his Daddy's business. In no way, shape, or form is he more reliable a character than Leon.

I don't get it- why would Capcom disagree?

Cheer

Kamen Rider
simple becsue they have made Steve the one who helps Claire from the begining of the game until half way of it. and then Chris comes.

why haven't they let that person who opens the Cell for Claire. the one who gives you the lock pick after you give him the medicines. be the one who helps Claire.

Top Bottom