• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Angala Ashford???

ValentineFan

One thing that always bothered me... Who was Angie supposed to be? Is she based on someone form the game? Cos' that whole explaination given in the movies about her Dad inventing the T-virus to help her walk was kinda stupid...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yeah, I don't really get it either. I think Angela Ashford's role in the movies bears the most similar resemblence to Sherry Birkin's role in the games though. Of course, the surname 'Ashford' is probably referencing the Ashford family in CV, but I don't see any familiarity in story/background between the two.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
ValentineFan;37877 said:
One thing that always bothered me... Who was Angie supposed to be? Is she based on someone form the game? Cos' that whole explaination given in the movies about her Dad inventing the T-virus to help her walk was kinda stupid...

its not that stupid, the t-virus re-animates the body i.e the dead cells,
so the concept of doing that to help his daughter is fairly believable in the RE universe.

night slasher

i have read the novels and as youse pointed out alice kills angi and this is suprising but jill is mysteryously dead no one knows what happened but shes dead, weird isnt it=)

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Joe Redfield;18149 said:
What ever happened to Anggie. She wasn't in the 3rd movie. They never even mentioned her in it.

Angela "Angie" Ashford (played by Sophie Vavasseur) is the daughter of the T-Virus creator Dr. Charles Ashford. She is based on the video game character Sherry Birkin from Resident Evil 2. The surname of Ashford is derived from the Ashford family that played a prominent role in the plot of Resident Evil Code: Veronica. Angela makes her first appearance in Resident Evil: Apocalypse, however, there is no mention of her in Resident Evil: Extinction, leaving her fate in the films unknown. The Red Queen, a holographic AI computer, from Resident Evil, was created by her father to bear a likeness to Angela. Not much is known about her, except the fact that she, like her father, is English.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

In Apocalypse, it is explained that Angela has the same medical condition as her father, Dr. Charles Ashford, which would have resulted in spending the remainder of her life confined to a wheelchair. This is prevented, though when her father created the T-virus, which in most human beings would cause uncontrollable mutation. The reproduction of dead cells that the T-virus causes is enough to allow Angela to walk, if kept in check with regular injections of an anti-virus. Due to her father's high position within the Umbrella Corporation, Umbrella employees evacuate Angela and attempt to get her out of the city after the opening of The Hive releases a horde of infected. The attempt is unsuccessful, however, and it forces Dr. Ashford to find another way to retrieve her from the city before all evidence of the viral outbreak is destroyed with a nuclear weapon.

Angela's location is soon found by her father, who then proceeds to find other survivors in order to make a deal with them. Dr. Ashford finds the few remaining survivors, including: Alice, Jill Valentine, L.J. and Carlos Olivera. He explains he is capable of getting them out, but only if they retrieve Angela and bring her to him safely. Angela is eventually saved, and reunited with Dr. Ashford for a few moments before he is shot and killed by Major Timothy Cain. Angela leaves the city on an Umbrella helicopter, along with Alice, Jill, Carlos and L.J.. She is almost impaled by a metal shard that had detached from the helicopter's gun rack when the explosion of the nuclear weapon occurred, but is saved when Alice moves in front of the shard of metal, killing herself instead of Angela. She last appears in Apocalypse when Jill, Carlos and L.J. pose as covert Umbrella operatives in order to rescue a revived Alice from Umbrella's labs.

Resident Evil: Extinction

In the Resident Evil: Extinction film, Angela is no longer featured nor mentioned. In the novelization, however, it is revealed that Alice killed her while under the control of Doctor Isaacs as a test of Alice's programming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_in_the_Resident_Evil_films#Angela_Ashford

night slasher;51824 said:
i have read the novels and as youse pointed out alice kills angi and this is suprising but jill is mysteryously dead no one knows what happened but shes dead, weird isnt it=)

I don't remember anyone mentioning she died :S Sienna just had other commitments and wasn't in the 3rd movie

night slasher

she probably died but i said she died because think of it the world is over run with zombies she has been presumed dead everybody in the convoy in extinction and transmission from alaska in the third movie had stopped 2 mounths before they found the dead guys booklet so theres a slight chance she is alive in alaska. we will just have to wait for the next movie.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
night slasher;52150 said:
she probably died but i said she died because think of it the world is over run with zombies she has been presumed dead everybody in the convoy in extinction and transmission from alaska in the third movie had stopped 2 mounths before they found the dead guys booklet so theres a slight chance she is alive in alaska. we will just have to wait for the next movie.

Your're wrong. Jill is currently the leader of a "city sanctuary". she is NOT dead, and she is NOT in Alaska.
all this, we find out in the RE: Extinction novel.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
[Sorry to double post - you guys wouldn't see the update otherwise]

I have the book now, I found the passage about Angie (I will read it properly to get the updates on Jill):

WARNING: SPOILERS AND GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS! NO CHILDREN, PLEASE!

The bullet flew threw the air as if in slow motion, firing from the muzzle in a puff of smoke. Angie's eyes widened, yet she didn't seem all that surprised. She'd always had a maturity far beyond her years. Then the bullet tore into her flesh, rending her adorable face into mulch, drilling through her skull, splattering cranial matter, flesh and bone all across the back window of the SUV. Angie's body fell to the side, dead.

WARNING: SPOILERS

Death

After escaping from Raccoon City in 2002, Angela and her new friends remained in hiding for some time from Umbrella and U.S. Government agents secretly under their employ. Eventually, the Global T-virus Outbreak began and Angela, Alice and the others joined up with other survivors into The Strike Team, a mismatched collection of survivors journeying across the United States saving as many people as they could from the growing zombie legions. It was during combat with zombies besieging yet another survivor enclave that Samuel J. Isaacs tested his cybernetic control over Alice, implanted via. a chip in her brain during her time in the Umbrella facility. Isaacs commanded Alice to return to Detroit (one of the few cities protected from zombies and mass upheavel), and bring Angela with her (at Chairman Albert Wesker's behest). Upon their arrival, however, Isaacs explained that Angela was of no use to Umbrella's research in finding a permanent T-virus cure, as the strain of T-virus she had within her was an entirely different strain from the one sweeping across the globe. As such Isaacs ordered Alice to kill Angela, which she did so by shooting her in the head, killing her instantly.

Legacy

Alice suffered greatly from killing Angela, the emotional shock giving her the strength to permanently overcome Isaac's control. Alice never revealed what she had done to anyone else, saying Umbrella was the one who killed Angela . To this day, Alice suffers constant nightmares of what transpired, but gained some peace for killing Angela by avenging her by on killing Isaacs.

There ya go :D

Top Bottom