• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Ada survives

codename: HUNK

Here's something I don't underestand, How does Ada not die? If you play first level leon, she get's cut up by William Birkin, shot in the back by a high cal. handgun, and falls off a raised platform into a seemingly endless abyss. How can anybody survive that? Even if she had that grapple gun, she wouldn't have been able to get out in five minutes. Even if she did, she would bleed to death in no time at all.

If you play leon on level 2, Mr. x throws her against the self destruct system, which breaks her spine, blood sprays out of her mouth, and she dies. Nobody can come back form that.

So I ask you, how could she appear in Resident evil 4?

wpstudart

Yeah, nice question... Maybe Wesker rescued her. It's an insane theory, but think, when she was falling, Wesker heard about it, and run with his super speed, and saved her, to keep her as his 'minion'. But dunno, When I saw Ada in Resident Evil 4, the 'woman in red dress', I didn't think of her at all, I thought it was someone random, like Sheva, that appeared without having a previous history. After some remembering and running through the game, I though of her, but I was like 'WTF, HOW SHE SURVIVED'.

But she manage to survive the fall from the abyss, in Resident Evil Umbrella appears that, she falling and getting in the sewers I think. She falls, survives and escapes. That's what Umbrella Chronicles shows.

bruno

Chief Researcher
The canon scenario is B, in which Ada is thrown against the power generator by Mr X. When RE 2 was made, she was supposed to die (like Wesker in RE1). Maybe that's why she suffered that much damage through the game.
UC doesn't explain how she survives, only how she escapes the city (it starts with her on the sewers, really hurt - her scenario is called "Death's Door")
Maybe in TDC they'll explain that part a little better. Maybe her death won't be so violent, or she won't be hurt so many times in the game.
And Wesker couldn't possibly have saved her, he wasn't in Raccoon City by that time.

wpstudart

Yeah, I forgot, he wasn't at raccoon that time.. Well, she just manage to survive, maybe by using a lot of First Aid Spray :rolleyes:

codename: HUNK;49902 said:
Here's something I don't underestand, How does Ada not die? If you play first level leon, she get's cut up by William Birkin, shot in the back by a high cal. handgun, and falls off a raised platform into a seemingly endless abyss. How can anybody survive that? Even if she had that grapple gun, she wouldn't have been able to get out in five minutes. Even if she did, she would bleed to death in no time at all.

If you play leon on level 2, Mr. x throws her against the self destruct system, which breaks her spine, blood sprays out of her mouth, and she dies. Nobody can come back form that.

So I ask you, how could she appear in Resident evil 4?
As of now there's no real logical reason. It's because Capcom wanted her back. Lol. We might see the same in the future with some other characters that might appear to be dead...;3

The Ada fans might hate me for this, but I kinda wished she would have stayed dead. But that's just me.

loathsbane

lol dudes, if you've played second scenario with leon you'll know she was never dead to begin with, just completely tattered. When Tyrant (mr. x) falls down into the lava pit, and you kill william you have to fight him again. in that last fight, someone comes to save you and throws you a rocket launcer. it's easy to understand that it's Ada. in resident evil 4 if you play ada's scenario at the end, she is fighting her way through the construction sight to do what? HAND LEON A ROCKET LAUNCHER!

loathsbane;52691 said:
lol dudes, if you've played second scenario with leon you'll know she was never dead to begin with, just completely tattered. When Tyrant (mr. x) falls down into the lava pit, and you kill william you have to fight him again. in that last fight, someone comes to save you and throws you a rocket launcer. it's easy to understand that it's Ada. in resident evil 4 if you play ada's scenario at the end, she is fighting her way through the construction sight to do what? HAND LEON A ROCKET LAUNCHER!

Okay, dude, She throws a rocket launcher to Claire in Claire B as well, and all you see is that she's alive. I didn't ask if she was alive, I asked how she could possibly be alive. She should've stayed dead. It would have made far more sense.

loathsbane

not really, she's not one of the good guys. obviously she feigned death so that way she wouldn't have leon pursuing her, which would allow her to escape while fooling everyone into thinking she's dead. and in your opinion it would make sense if she dies, because it would provide you with some resolve. just because you feel she should have been dead doesn't mean it makes sense.

loathsbane;52752 said:
not really, she's not one of the good guys. obviously she feigned death so that way she wouldn't have leon pursuing her, which would allow her to escape while fooling everyone into thinking she's dead. and in your opinion it would make sense if she dies, because it would provide you with some resolve. just because you feel she should have been dead doesn't mean it makes sense.

No, she should have stayed dead because it's not humanly possible to survive what she did. Getting stabbed in the side from william birkin, getting shot in the back from a high cal. handgun, being pummbled by mr. x which, by the way, busted her spine like a twig, and let's not forget falling off a raised platform suspended several hundred feet into the air. She didn't fake those injuries. She should have stayed dead, not just because I don't like her, but because surviving wouldn't be scientifically possible.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
codename: HUNK;52930 said:
No, she should have stayed dead because it's not humanly possible to survive what she did. Getting stabbed in the side from william birkin, getting shot in the back from a high cal. handgun, being pummbled by mr. x which, by the way, busted her spine like a twig, and let's not forget falling off a raised platform suspended several hundred feet into the air. She didn't fake those injuries. She should have stayed dead, not just because I don't like her, but because surviving wouldn't be scientifically possible.

Indeed it's a physical impossibility to survive all that. Well RDC have a chanse to perhaps explain this.

loathsbane

this is all assuming that he did indeed break her spine when he threw her against the controls. and i don't recall her being shot... leon got shot, and anette tried to shoot her and failed...

loathsbane

and i also don't recall her being stabbed, i do recall william cutting her from the side, but i don't recall his claw going directly through her.

L

Lurker
she shouldve been dead but think of when she saved leons life in re4 by shooting krausers knife.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
she's just one of those very mysterious characters, who until we get cold hard facts, we just leave it up to imagination

loathsbane;53323 said:
this is all assuming that he did indeed break her spine when he threw her against the controls. and i don't recall her being shot... leon got shot, and anette tried to shoot her and failed...

I need to know, are you serious, or are you just kidding around? She was thrown into a large steel control pannel. It bent underneith her spine. It is once again a scientific impossibility for that not to bust her spine.

She got shot by annette at the end of Leon A. She's on the balcony pointing her gun at Leon threatening to shoot him for the G-sample. He refuses and she lowers her gun. Then a shot is fired by Annette who then collapses. Her being shot is the reason she fell off the balcony in the first place.

tequila

Bottle Lover
codename: HUNK;52751 said:
Okay, dude, She throws a rocket launcher to Claire in Claire B as well, and all you see is that she's alive. I didn't ask if she was alive, I asked how she could possibly be alive. She should've stayed dead. It would have made far more sense.

The dark femine figure looks more like Annette than Ada in Claire's senarios.

Top Bottom