• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Ada survives

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Neither have I, in fact I haven't met anyone that has actually seen it...kinda makes me wonder if it actually exists.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't think that's too important. What matters is that they didn't use Sherry or even sugested she might be in future games, so i think this is the end for her.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Your right, not directly, but I can't help but feel as if they did indirectly...

I mean looking at Leon's and Sherry's RE3 epilogues, Leon's shows him talking to a man who was claiming to be a government agent, and that turned out to be Krauser, while Sherry's shows a man dressed in some sort of military uniform talking to her, this guy also resembling Krauser...

I may be making something out of nothing, but I can't help but feel that this is a necessary development in Sherry's overall spot in the storyline.:)

bruno

Chief Researcher
is surely wasn't Krauser... Krauser and Leon met just before Operation Javier. In the DSC emding of Memories of a lost city, The voice of the man talking to Leon doesn't seem to be Krauser. Actually, Krauser had a much lower position in the government than LEon.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It doesn't seem to be Krauser?

In Darkside, just as you said, there was only a voice over the intercom, and the guy speaking was definately Krauser, or at the very least, Jim Ward, who is of course the man who plays Krauser.

And I assume this is also why they changed it from the man drinking coffee in the interrogation room(who obviously resembles Jack), to the camcorder behind the one-way mirror while Jack speaks to him via intercom.

While they met in person in Operation Javier, Capcom seems to have altered the orignal interogation room scene to set it up that way in Operation Javier.:)

Also,you mention that Jack had a lower position than Leon, this is true by Operation Javier, where he is getting sercret orders from the President, but before Leon worked for the government, or rather when he was in the interogation room, Jack had the authority to do what they wanted with him and that little girl. In fact I think he says just that.:)

Hunk104

Yea but then Krauser would have known about the zombies and everything but he didn't he was only added becuz he was such a great soldier to help Leon. Oh and ClaireA abd Leon B is the canon story capcom said it was in interviews LONG AGO to clear up the confusion. Since leon's disc was first in the original playstation discs. Plus haha DSC is only canon with Operation Javior and some back story issues like how they got Leon to be a agent and stuff.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Krauser did know about the zombies, he mentions it right when he appears in Operation Javier.

He made a condescending and questioning remark about how Leon said he had faced them before. Not to mention that when they first find Manuela in that cabin, Leon tells Krauser everything, and he just listened.

Hunk104

No krauser says that you faced these B.O.Ws before haven't you? Becuz if he knew about the zombies he sure as hell won't have gone up to that guy an asked if he was ok. Plus after the first zombie attack he goes so that's one of umbrella's B.O.Ws.Krauser was informed about there being B.O.Ws but not what they were.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
He knew they existed, that is knowing about zombies...

He was skeptical at first though...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I didn't know Ada had such a troubled past. Poor lady. :(

013;49938 said:
As of now there's no real logical reason. It's because Capcom wanted her back. Lol. We might see the same in the future with some other characters that might appear to be dead...;3
I hope that is true for another character that I heard died in RE5... :huh:

The Ada fans might hate me for this, but I kinda wished she would have stayed dead. But that's just me.
Grrrr!

:p

DarthDylan

Has anyone ever thought about Re4 Leon could survive a medieval weapon whacking him and he is still alive? So does Ada.and Re5's Sheva and Chris.Any Resident Evil Game makes the character survive impossible things.

It is just the way it is.

codename: HUNK

Hunk104;61482 said:
Canon is claire A leon B Sherry getting infected is canon which happens only in Claire A. Plus Ada's "death" in Leon B is easier to come back from then falling to her death from ten stories or more like in Leon A

A bullet in the back can hit or miss vital organs, and there's not enough information about her fall to prove anything. However, in Leon B, Tyrant pulverizes her spine. You thought that stainless steel console she was thrown into looked bad? Just imagine what her spine and ribcage looked like. I don't think I could survive that, and if I did, I'd wish I hadn't. OUCH!!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
codename: HUNK;92936 said:
A bullet in the back can hit or miss vital organs, and there's not enough information about her fall to prove anything. However, in Leon B, Tyrant pulverizes her spine. You thought that stainless steel console she was thrown into looked bad? Just imagine what her spine and ribcage looked like. I don't think I could survive that, and if I did, I'd wish I hadn't. OUCH!!
Exactly, which is why it's hard for me to believe that Claire A and Leon B are the supposed canon scenarios. Especially since I thought Claire B and Leon A were the canon ones and that was supposedly the word around the RE community when the game came out. :blink:

I mean Leon's game is disk one so technically, you should be playing Leon A first, which is how you get the Claire B scenario...retcons annoy me. :dry:

LordGolbez

I'm Sorry It's Just So Hard To Figure Out What's Canon Or Not And Sometimes I Just Don't Even Bother Anymore.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
LordGolbez;92956 said:
I'm Sorry It's Just So Hard To Figure Out What's Canon Or Not And Sometimes I Just Don't Even Bother Anymore.
Please, even if I know what's canon I usually cast it aside because I seriously dislike that word and people who are sticklers for canon.

I think my problem with the canonness of the scenarios is that all I've ever heard is that it was Claire B and Leon A and then a few years ago, someone comes out with "Capcom said it was Leon B and Claire A" and it sort of ticked me off because for years popular belief was something else and then all of a sudden it just changes.

I don't like change. :dry:

bruno

Chief Researcher
There are 3 available scenarios for RE2. The one i think is more realistic and has a better story is the one features in Darkside Chronicles, in which Leon and Claire are together, and the story follows most of Claire A Leon B aspects.
If you play RE2, Claire A Leon B is clearly a much better story than Leon A Claire B.
William is after Sherry (to reproduce, and not after Ada, which would be just random), Mr X is after Leon because he's the first survivor it found, Ada finds a G virus sample, Sherry gets infected and you have to save her, etc.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I have little clue about RE2 so please excuse me...

What are you talking about when you say Leon A and Claire B? Or Claire A and Leon B?

RE2 has two disks I believe, and on disk 1 you play as one character and on disk 2 you play as the other character. Right?
So what is this you are discussing? :confused:

Top Bottom