• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Ada survives

Honestly I have no idea how she survives, she does take a beating, but I like Ada. xD and about you saying it's a 'scientific impossibility', it's a game, anything can happen. Ada doesn't have a heartbeat, she has a status bar, which every RE character needs to avoid death by nibblage from zombies xD

Tyrant

Watch the Wesker Reports it all stated that even though Wesker saw her as a traitor and weak minded he still saw some use in her so saved her so that she could get him the sample

codename: HUNK

Peco;58984 said:
Honestly I have no idea how she survives, she does take a beating, but I like Ada. xD and about you saying it's a 'scientific impossibility', it's a game, anything can happen. Ada doesn't have a heartbeat, she has a status bar, which every RE character needs to avoid death by nibblage from zombies xD

Before RE4, resident evil used to be much more realistic and sciene-based. The incident was all due to a violent breakout caused from a chemical reaction while trying to create the ultimate bio-weapon. Things just start getting weird after RE3. Wesker has super-powers, Leon goes goth, Chris takes large doses of steriods, and those who died all magically come back to life. It may just be a game, but it used to be beleivable to a certain degree. I'm sorry to say, but when it comes to resident evil, capcom has just lost it's touch.

bruno

Chief Researcher
codename: HUNK;58987 said:
Before RE4, resident evil used to be much more realistic and sciene-based. The incident was all due to a violent breakout caused from a chemical reaction while trying to create the ultimate bio-weapon. Things just start getting weird after RE3. Wesker has super-powers, Leon goes goth, Chris takes large doses of steriods, and those who died all magically come back to life. It may just be a game, but it used to be beleivable to a certain degree. I'm sorry to say, but when it comes to resident evil, capcom has just lost it's touch.

Actually, he virus was intentionally released by the revived James Marcus, to take revenge on Umbrella (especially Spencer, who ordered Wesker and Birkin to kill him).

FLiPPy

Well it's possible for Ada that she has survived "the big fall" and bullet in the back..
Maybe she had a sample of G-virus or some virus i don't know, that Wesker has took, or maybe Ada has something on her chest like Jill in RE5
Who knows :D

L

Lurker
codename: HUNK;54344 said:
I need to know, are you serious, or are you just kidding around? She was thrown into a large steel control pannel. It bent underneith her spine. It is once again a scientific impossibility for that not to bust her spine.

She got shot by annette at the end of Leon A. She's on the balcony pointing her gun at Leon threatening to shoot him for the G-sample. He refuses and she lowers her gun. Then a shot is fired by Annette who then collapses. Her being shot is the reason she fell off the balcony in the first place.

B is the canon one...

bruno

Chief Researcher
It's confirmed by the Darkside Chronicles that Ada is badly injured by the T-103 while trying to save Leon from it. She later comes back to throw the Rocket Launcher so you can destroy the T-103R in the train platform. (we only hear her voice)

codename: HUNK

marcel_resident;60629 said:
in leon b ada trows a rocket launcher to leon i think the true history is
leon b and claire a =)

Well, on the old, ps1 version, leon's disk is labled disk 1, and claire's is labled disk 2. Though the order in which the events occur really doesn't change the over-all concept of the story. So really, it's in whichever order you make of it. I don't think it really matters. Personally, i think leon B is far more difficult than any other mode; which is a good thing.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Originally, and confirmed by Wesker's Report, the true story was Leon A, Claire B. However, Wesker's Report in not completely considered canon, and the newest games suggest Claire A, Leon B as the correct story.
However, i like to think the correct story is a mix of both. I consider Darkside Chronicles as the correct scenario, since it's far more logical and Claire and Leon are actually together.

Hunk104

Canon is claire A leon B Sherry getting infected is canon which happens only in Claire A. Plus Ada's "death" in Leon B is easier to come back from then falling to her death from ten stories or more like in Leon A

Hunk104

That's weird! lol But the things canon in the chronicles series are the newer missions not the retold stories hell Alfred is killed by Alexia in DSC i heard lol

bruno

Chief Researcher
The TDC doesn't ruin the story like UC did, butchanges it into more emotional.
The darkside Chronicles doesn't change a lot from the original story.
In RE2, it clears up some questions about the "correct" scenarios, Sherry's pendant, what exactly is MR X's objective, while turning it a little more realistic. It also makes Anette a little more human (she cares for Sherry), but still insane. he problem is that it doesn't show as much of Irons and Ben as we'd like to see, but it's much more realistic that way, so i think DSC can replace RE2.
In the CV scenario, Steve is much more mature, still with an inappropriate humour,Alfred is a little less queer, but still obcessed with watching other's suffering and a loser. Alexia is much more childish... don't forget her brain was frozen since she was a child. When she sees that her brother failed to wake her in the correct time and he was very badly wounded, she decided it'd be better if she killed him. I think this is appropriate. Remember: Alexia was a child but Alfred grew up. So, Alexia didn't find her brother funny anymore. It was not the brother she loved anymore. It is explained why Alexia infects Steve but not Claire, and the meeting between Chris and Wesker was removed (that battle didn't fit in CV's environment. It'd also remove some protagonism from Claire - remember Capcom didn't want to give much importance to Chris in this game)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't know that the Wesker's Report meant that Ada falling to her death was canon, it is just what they used. Perhaps like when they didn't use Barry to rescue Jill & Carlos...

In any case, I think you are right Bruno, it is a fair mixture of both, just like with the first game. There is a book called Resident Evil Archives, kind of an RE bible if you will, and although I don't have it, I do know that it makes a detailed timeline for the different events in the games, it would surely know.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Wesker's Report is not considered canon now, because most of it is contradicted by the most recent games. If you can understand what's canon or not, then the Report is a good way to understand some bits of the story (don't take it too seriously though).
The same happens to Archives. I don't own it but, by what i heared in forums, it doesn't clear up much, only bringing more confusion and innacurate facts. I'd love to read it anyway.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah I am sure some of Archives has been overwritten, so to speak, most of it's mistakes are probably just mistranslations anyway.

I am pretty sure it says something about Leon getting drunk the night before and woke up late and that is why he got to Raccoon so late. With what Darkside shows us, at least the waking up late has been remedied in DC.

Also, I heard that there was some sort of new Wesker's Report, rereleased or some such nonsense, and that they ommited the final bit about Sherry being in the hands of The Organization.:( Which I think is a real shame, but then again, I have yet to actually see this...so I will reserve judgement.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Spike991;61522 said:
Also, I heard that there was some sort of new Wesker's Report, rereleased or some such nonsense, and that they ommited the final bit about Sherry being in the hands of The Organization.:( Which I think is a real shame, but then again, I have yet to actually see this...so I will reserve judgement.

They realy did it. That part in the end was probably something Capcom would use in RE4. they changed their minds and now they decided Sherry was still with the government, not with Wesker.
If they wanted to give a proper continuation to sherry's story, they should have done it or, at least, suggest it in TDC.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Do you know where a person might be able to watch this? Have you seen it? Also, if you have did they change anything else, perhaps update the scenes from the original to the REmake...

Yeah they either have been saving her all this time, or their procrastinating got the best of them and they just want to drop it, no questions asked.

Although not directly referrencing anything, it would seem that the person who had Leon in the interogation room was Krauser, and it would also explain how Wesker & The Agency would be able to get their hands on Sherry from the government. Perhaps Sherry being Krauser's sales pitch.:)

Top Bottom