• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I can tell you that the IMDB posting isn't legit. It may have been posted on the site, but it's definitely not real. Similar things like this has happened in the past with lots of anticipated films and games. I think the big red flag should be the actor that places Claire Redfield? Lmao... There's a lot of errors on that list.
You mean James Baker? that name was listed during Revelations 2 credit scene. It's actually an alias, the real VA's name is unknown. But yeah I highly highly doubt that it's legit, but still stoked.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
You mean James Baker? that name was listed during Revelations 2 credit scene. It's actually an alias, the real VA's name is unknown. But yeah I highly highly doubt that it's legit, but still stoked.

Wow! You're right! I thought I read somewhere on who it actually ways but maybe I'm recalling something else. How weird....

I'm still not sure if I buy it though. I'm not going to really pay much heed to that IMDB list given how often that happens. Hell, it could have even been an elaborate hoax or prank by someone. Or just simply a mistake. Probably the former though.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
So in the video that the guy posted, at 7.10 he says, 'elements of the game will feel supernatural, unseen hands from an entity not yet revealed but will be explained during the duration of the game itself'.

I wonder what he means by unseen hands... Because surely you'd have to see them. :p Like, just hands crawling around? How does that feel supernatural? Will it be ghost hands? And I thought Capcom said there wasn't any supernatural elements in the game anyway? I get that they're saying it'll be explained, but still...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So in the video that the guy posted, at 7.10 he says, 'elements of the game will feel supernatural, unseen hands from an entity not yet revealed but will be explained during the duration of the game itself'.

I wonder what he means by unseen hands... Because surely you'd have to see them. :p Like, just hands crawling around? How does that feel supernatural? Will it be ghost hands? And I thought Capcom said there wasn't any supernatural elements in the game anyway? I get that they're saying it'll be explained, but still...

I'm 99.9% sure that he's speaking metaphorically. Referring to someone pulling strings in the background. There's a few scenarios I could think of that seems "super natural" and then is later explained in a Resident Evil fashion by pseudo-science. I thought I recalled Capcom saying that the stuff people feel is paranormal will be explained. I also remember rumors back in 2014 that makes a lot of sense here and the Paranormal stuff was mentioned. I guess we'll need to wait. Only 5 more months :p (including this one of course -_-)

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Leaks...leaks everywhere..

A1V4ZR.gif

Hmm..
I don't think he meant literal hands. I think by "hands" he meant some faction/organization that has never been exposed in RE universe. Possibly this "The Family" people have been speculating about. The supernatural thing I remember when fighting Norman in Revelations he had kinda supernatural ability like self duplicating or being invincible, I predict similar thing like that in RE 7. Probably will make sense in the end.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Hmmm... I guess it could mean that. I just think it's a bit odd to mention that in the same sentence as the stuff about supernatural elements.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Idk what the spoiler is that people are talking about. ResidentDevil successfully dissuaded me from looking at it, but I think it's hilarious to see an entire conversation of just spoiler tags. But I will say that for whatever reason RE is notorious for getting a bunch of "leaks" that end up being false. I mean just look at how many E3s RE7 was going to be revealed. So yeah, I don't know what the spoiler is, but on principal I would say not to trust it.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
But Capcom, too, have lied to us before... It seems like there's really no one we can trust at the moment. :/

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
"RE6 will be the franchise's return to its roots." Enough said.

Don't get me wrong, I love RE6, but despite it bringing back four original main characters (including Sherry of all people) and making them mention Raccoon City every five minutes, that game is as far away from the franchise's roots as it can be.

Then there was the scandal involving the PC port of Revelations 2 having no co-op at first, even though Capcom had promised otherwise. You can call it a marketing error or an oversight if you wish (as the PC version was never supposed to have it in the first place, apparently), and they did retroactively add the feature as far as I know, but it was still false information released to the public. (How completely idiotic it is to not offer a feature to one platform even though all the others have it, while the platform in question is perfectly capable of that feature, is a topic for another day.)

And let's not even mention all the gameplay mechanics, storylines, etc. that were announced at some point, but cut from the final versions of the respective games. RE5, for example, was supposed to have a heat meter of sorts that would cause Chris to collapse if he didn't cool down in time. That was scrapped, along with pretty much everything else they had originally planned for this game.

I'm not saying that Capcom is the only company doing this (Eidos was an even worse offender if you ask me), but they're certainly no angels, and we can't know for sure what will or won't be in an upcoming game until we're playing the final version ourselves.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Well so far with the demo, screenshots and gameplay vids, the way I see it, Capcom aren't lying after they said RE 7 would return to survival horror and RE roots. Also remember Dr. Serkan Toto's last minute tweet about "clean slate" leak/rumor before RE 7 E3 reveal? it was pretty accurate.

Nowadays leaks that turned out to be legit are becoming a common thing especially in the social media and all that, they're pretty fun to read. For instance No Man's Sky was legit leaked, Xbox one slim was all over the internet before the official announcement, now there is already PS4 Slim unboxing video, iPhone 7, etc. So I wouldn't say that the Reddit leak in the previous page is completely hoax, it could be partially true though but of course I could be wrong, again we'll see. I'm just stoked for this game.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
@ResidentDevil : You're right, I'm just saying we can't really be sure about anything, because not even the developers themselves are above sharing wrong information sometimes, be it accidentally or on purpose. We'll have to wait and see.

@Unknown : That's what ResidentDevil posted on the previous page, the post with the huge spoilers. Now that you've seen it for yourself on Rely On Horror, it's safe for you to read those spoilers. :)

Unknown

Cool. The morality thing is a concern for me, not a fan of branching stories and multiple endings. I only hope they don't bring back old characters and kill them off based on decisions you make.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well so far with the demo, screenshots and gameplay vids, the way I see it, Capcom aren't lying after they said RE 7 would return to survival horror and RE roots. Also remember Dr. Serkan Toto's last minute tweet about "clean slate" leak/rumor before RE 7 E3 reveal? it was pretty accurate.

Nowadays leaks that turned out to be legit are becoming a common thing especially in the social media and all that, they're pretty fun to read. For instance No Man's Sky was legit leaked, Xbox one slim was all over the internet before the official announcement, now there is already PS4 Slim unboxing video, iPhone 7, etc. So I wouldn't say that the Reddit leak in the previous page is completely hoax, it could be partially true though but of course I could be wrong, again we'll see. I'm just stoked for this game.

Care to say that about a Nintendo NX leak? Lmao

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Care to say that about a Nintendo NX leak? Lmao
Haha I was hoping NX would rival PS4 Neo and Xbox scorpio spec-wise though, but no it looks like it's gonna be a handheld.

Back to RE 7...well got nothing else to say I'm just so stoked for this game.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Haha I was hoping NX would rival PS4 Neo and Xbox scorpio though, but no it looks like it's gonna be a handheld.

Back to RE 7...well got nothing else to say I'm just so stoked for this game.

And the latest rumors are saying it's a ruse but I doubt that. Anyways, no. Looking at the rumors there seems to be TWO different systems that work together as a single family. Likely sharing the same OS. I think it's absolutely hilarious that people think that Nintendo is ONLY making a handheld in a world dominated by mobile devices. The 3DS is selling strong, but only half of that of the DS and GBA etc. Mobile cut them down to size, they aren't doing that.

It sounds like the handheld will be Nvidia, either Tegra x1 or x2. The console will likely be AMD. Rumors point to either Polaris or Zen, likely Polaris. It'll be x86 for sure if they want 3rd party support. The handheld will likely see a traditional spring release and the console in the holidays. Or maybe in reverse. That's my theory. It would explain on why some of the more consistent rumors continue to contradict themselves. Plus most of the rumors are just bull**** anyways lmao.

I'm quite excited for the NX. I'm trying to find the original source but this will do for now I guess. The patent for REVII suggests it could be coming to the NX. At least it's patented to be printed on a cartridge, should the cartridge rumors be true. http://www.tantalizingtrademarks.com/2016/06/capcom-files-trademarks-for-resident.html

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
So NX might be a high spec console that is connected with a detachable device which can be used as handheld? sounds like a pretty cool concept to me. Ok sorry gonna stop talking about NX now.

TGS is nearing I hope we'll get major RE 7 stuff especially the dummy finger mystery or new demo.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So NX might be a high spec console that is connected with a detachable device which can be used as handheld? sounds like a pretty cool concept to me. Ok sorry gonna stop talking about NX now.

TGS is nearing I hope we'll get major RE 7 stuff especially the dummy finger mystery or new demo.

Lol we don't know if it'll be a high spec console or not. That would be nice xD Anyways yes. TGS is in a week and a half :)

Top Bottom