• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
OPTIONAL PSVR compatibility, January 24th 2017, NO QTEs, NO CO-OP (GOOD RIDDANCE). Also coming to Xbox One and PC.

Thoughts:
RE truly goes back to its roots with RE 7 by implementing what original 1996 RE was conceived to be, a first-person survival horror game.

Last edited:

Donchezeri

Have no clue what to make of it. I almost feel like this is 100% reboot. I think it is zombies? But if you see the 1 newspaper clipping it says something regarding "Ghosts" not much was given with that trailer. I will say however before it came up as RE7, I was thinking wow this trailer is suspenseful as hell.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
There is supposedly a demo up right now. Going to download it as soon as Sony's conference ends.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'll be playing the demo once it's up. Seriously this game looks ****ed up. At first I was disappointed with the first person mode.... but seeing the reel at the end.... WTF?! It has potential!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'm a bit underwhelmed... While I watched the trailer I thought it would be a great game and looked really tense and spooky. But to me, it doesn't feel like Resident Evil.

But that aside, I've had another look at the trailer. Around 2.32, if you start pausing through the clips, there are some photographs. The first one bears a little bit of resemblance to Moira, and the third, with the man and the girl, resembles Barry a little bit. Just a thought, could be totally wrong though.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
My first theory: What if the trailer takes place in Barry's house?

BOX ART REVEALED: (that Natalia?!!!)

Ck4MR4gW0AAtFwN.jpg

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Hmm... Could be. That would fit with what I said before about the pictures looking like Moira and Barry a little. But then how does that fit in with the plantation mansion aspect that Loki mentioned?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
There's no guarantee that this is actually like the gameplay and stuff. Think of the RE5 Viral Videos, the first Revelations 2 trailer, P.T, or Fallout trailers.

This is what I speculate:
The girl is Natalia/Alex ("She's back"?) and the person in the wheelchair is Spencer.

This is actually what people were asking for. A more psychological game, probably inspired by 3.5.

Last edited:

ToCool74

Veteran Member
2 things that where kinda offputting to me,

1. The mention of ghosts has me a bit worried it will turn out to be supernatural which is something the series is not known for.

and

2.The emphasis on the first person camera angle which I hope is not the standard gameplay type.

But 1 major thing is that it appears to be survival horror which is great, I will reserve judgement until we get more on the game information and gameplay wise.

Top Bottom