• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
lol sry I've edited it now, and yeah Barry too..

so anyway since this game is rated M they should bring back this loading/warning screen too

4ljfv77ogn9x.jpg

Resident Evil should ALWAYS have that screen :3 it's a series staple imho

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Leon... well, he's probably looking for a hairdresser.
I laughed so hard at this. He was also looking for survivors.

Maybe the RE games are a metaphor showing that we're all just looking for something in life.

Fenris

Wolf :)
Well... if you take it that way you look for something in almost every videogame at some point, don't you?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well... if you take it that way you look for something in almost every videogame at some point, don't you?

Which is what I was saying. Keep the word "almost" key. Racing games, many puzzle games, and a lot of sports games don't need that element. Though it can include it xD

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, if the game asks you to look for a key item every now and then, that's one thing. I was talking about the other thing where the entire story and the characters' motivations are based on something they're looking for, which seems to be very prominent in the RE universe, but not in all games. Even Lara Croft isn't always looking for something, like when she's on the run from the police trying to prove that she didn't kill her former mentor as she is accused of, with her search for certain paintings only acting as a secondary motivation emerging from the primary one that is actually driving the story.

But I wasn't trying to make this a big deal anyway. Just pointing out something that I somehow didn't even notice until now.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
"any chances Ethans second name is Sunderland and his wifes name is Mary? :D

Nah just kidding... But so far the plot doesn't seem that exciting to me. Everything just seems taken out of other games/movies without any reinvention."]
Teehee... Silent Hill...

In all fairness to the series, most of the characters are in that field of work where they sort of have to search for the perpetrators, victims, cures, etc...

Except for Claire... She was just concerned for her brother who didn't have the common decency or common sense to call her and tell her things were alright and that he was going away for a bit. Men.

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Teehee... Silent Hill...

In all fairness to the series, most of the characters are in that field of work where they sort of have to search for the perpetrators, victims, cures, etc...

Except for Claire... She was just concerned for her brother who didn't have the common decency or common sense to call her and tell her things were alright and that he was going away for a bit. Men.
I've always found that funny.
"I didn't tell you so I could keep you safe." How exactly did that work out, huh Chris?

Rafterman

Some of you might hate me for saying this but I believe is awesome. (I don't have a ps4 I'm still on the ps3) I just don't feel that sense of dread or terror that I once felt with the original game. This is just by looking at the oldtrailers and the lantern video and demo walkthru videos on YouTube . I know its far too early to call it but I'm sorry but this to me doesn't feel like a resident evil game.

black 93

Been thinking about this game a lot lately, and i may get hate for this, but after playing through the 4, 5 and 6 remasters, im coming round to the idea of there being no returning characters. I mean, with the kind of game they're making here, say you were playing as Jill, Chris or Leon, wouldnt it be a little strange to go from round house kicking crazy spaniards and punching boulders in volcanoes, to running away? I know theres combat in this game but jeez Chris can rip J'avos apart in 6, Jill can somersault onto enemies shoulders and snap their neck with her legs in 5. With the kind of game they are going for, those characters wouldnt fit here. I think this series has enough plot holes without having to explain how Chris went from Rambo to Nancy lol. New characters were always coming, and who knows this Ethan guy could be the next big fan favourite, providing Capcom put some effort into his character and dont make him silent like most first person horror games. Personally, i think they'll do good with him, they're obviously trying to move on a little, so it would be silly not too. It's still kind of hard to beleive that this game exists in the same universe as the BSAA, and the one where Chris beat the crap out of a boulder

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
^ Speaking about BSAA there's this from RE 7 photogrammetry presentation. Seems likely I guess that BSAA will have some kind of involvement in the game.

Screenshot-8_28_2016-6_49_06-AM.jpg

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Ok so I was browsing Reddit and apparently some guy got in touch with an insider dev and a mod there said that he showed some evidence of the source. He then leaked some of important gameplay/mechanical and plot spoilers.

SPOILER ALERT!!! You should take this leaked info with skepticism if you wish to see it, and remember just like any other rumor or leak it could turn out to be false... or legit.
LAST CHANCE, if you want to enjoy RE 7 spoiler-free then I highly suggest not watching this video.

- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED -

Some interesting claims he made
- There will be morality mechanic that affects the ending
- Multiple endings confirmed
- Dialogue options confirmed
- Some old characters will have a PHYSICAL cameo appearance, he claimed in YT comment that one of them is....Chris Redfield
- Lucas Baker has important role
- Cutscenes will be in the game, he said moveable fixed camera? I imagine that we're seeing the cutscene from fixed camera angle but you can move it and look around? that'd be pretty cool
- First weapon in the game is a Swiss Army knife lol
- There will be a gigantic boss in the water
- The wheelchair person from E3 trailer isn't Ozwell Spencer but actually an elderly woman

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentev...oilers_resident_evil_7_plotmechanic_leak_new/

Again folks all this might NOT be 100% true, we'll see.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Wow this sounds amazing. My hype level just sky rocketed x100!!!! I knew there was more to it than what people are claiming. I'm hoping part of this is true but it would be all or nothing.

He doesn't seem like the attention seeking type either though. My question is how did they "accidently" show him a picture of
Chris Redfield.
Also how was he able to see anything at all without having to sign an NDA. Can't he get into serious trouble for this? Unless he was told through a developer who didn't have him sign anything. That can happen. That's a huuuuuuge trust thing.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
He doesn't seem like the attention seeking type either though.

He doesn't? So that's why he keeps reminding the audience a thousand times to like his video and subscribe to his channel and remember him the day RE7 comes out if everything he said turns out to be true? :p

Anyway, there's one more thing the guy said that I think is important:

The characters on the recently released screenshots that we thought were Ethan and Mia are in fact not Ethan and Mia. So we still don't know what our main character looks like.

My thoughts on something else:

The multiple endings thing kind of suggests that all the new faces we'll see could be one-off characters. I think RE1 only had several possible endings because back then Capcom didn't think the game would be successful enough to justify a sequel, so it didn't matter what really happened to those characters in the end. They dropped the mechanic rather quickly after that, only bringing it back for the REmake, because the original had it too, and for RE3, but without any real consequences, as the main outcome (Jill and Carlos escape the city) happens either way.

I don't like what he said about the cutscenes in the game, that they do exist, but only serve to introduce new areas or something rather than tell the story. Why would we even need cutscenes for that? We're going to explore the areas anyway, aren't we?

Once again, I'm not sure how to feel about this news - assuming that it is legit. One thing that cheers me up is
the possibility of seeing Chris again. Normally I'd say, he's been in enough games lately, why not show us Jill instead? But if he's in the game yet again, then there's probably a reason for that, a role that only he can fill.

On va voir...

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Rely on Horror has an article on this leak and they had to say this on one thing..
"There are cutscenes, but they’re very limited; used to highlight essential information, and the camera will still be movable."

More here http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...le-endings-returning-characters-and-spoilers/

Anyway, want more leak? your head will spin even faster with this one

SPOILER ALERT!!
Found this on Twitter. Again, please do NOT proceed if you don't want to see leak that could potentially be true.
I highly doubt that this is legit, feel free to speculate though. This one came from an actor and screenwriter who has his own IMDb page, he claimed to have taken this screenshot before it got removed (from IMDb Pro?).

https://twitter.com/m_preston/status/771424482191781888

"From June 24th, 2016. #residentevil7 #re7 I captured this before it went blank."
CrSmPWHUsAACFwI.jpg

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Aaand... that's it for the spoilers today. :D Sorry, but I think it's safe to ignore every "source" claiming that
Steve
will be in the game. So far this has always been nothing but wishful thinking on the fans' part.
Yuri Lowenthal voicing a new character would be kind of like a tradition by now, though, considering that he voiced Finn in RE6 and Neil in Revelations 2. Chris Emerson returning would be great, but only as Piers, not as... whoever that Clancy Javis guy is. (What kind of name is that anyway?)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I can tell you that the IMDB posting isn't legit. It may have been posted on the site, but it's definitely not real. Similar things like this has happened in the past with lots of anticipated films and games. I think the big red flag should be the actor that places Claire Redfield? Lmao... There's a lot of errors on that list.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
My thoughts are mixed in with spoilers, so I'm just gonna put everything in the spoiler tag.

I'm not too fussed about a morality meter. Though I am slightly happy that there will be cameos from other characters, if that's true.

As for Steve... Yeah, I guarantee that's a straight up lie. :p

I'm still sceptical about all this information though. Until things are officially confirmed I'm taking all this with a truck full of salt. We've heard this 'I have a legitimate source in Capcom' stuff far too many times for me to believe it.

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
James Baker also voiced Claire in Revelations 2. Not that I believe for a second that it's her real name, though...

Top Bottom