• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
@ResidentDevil I'm glad that we got to see this tech demo. I wished we got to see the whole thing. A lot of people that played it said the woman cuts her tongue and a fire is started an spreads around. At least I'm pretty sure that's what people were saying. I don't see how this is the scariest game ever.... A lot of people were claiming that last year.
Yeah, I wonder why they didn't include that sequence in the demo.

Im looking forward to it, but it's still too early and we still know too little for me to be really excited. One thing that is keeping me entertained though, are the countless arguments on YouTube over this game by those 'fans' that are still upset that this isn't 1998 and Raccoon City. I thought RE6 was controversial, but 7 has taken the crown.
It's happening here too, they're everywhere. I think Umbrella Corps takes the crown though.

Last edited:

black 93

Yeah, I wonder why they didn't include that sequence in the demo.

It's happening here too, they're everywhere. I think Umbrella Corps takes the crown though.
Yea you're probably right. It's why i don't really have much to say on RE anymore, il always love the series and il always play it, but trying to share it with people is getting harder everytime they release a new game.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
fH4Y1xl.png

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
So er... Will anything else be revealed about this game soon? Or will we just have to settle for the dissapointing demo until release date now?

black 93

So er... Will anything else be revealed about this game soon? Or will we just have to settle for the dissapointing demo until release date now?
Iv heard there's something coming in September regarding that dummy finger, but that's about it for now.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Iv heard there's something coming in September regarding that dummy finger, but that's about it for now.

Really? That long for something not even related to the actual RE7 game?

I'm still dying to see the first actual trailer for the game.

Airaku

Stray Jedi

Where did you hear about this?

Really? That long for something not even related to the actual RE7 game?

I'm still dying to see the first actual trailer for the game.

Probably because it'll be giving more hints to the game itself. There were a few clues in the trailer we had. So I'm super excited for that. Also the 2nd half of the E3 trailer was the actual game xD

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The Resident Evil team sent out an email today to RE Ambassadors regarding the healing items in RE7 with this picture and caption:

4ZFX3TO.png

Take a first look at the healing items in the game!
Oh wait... what's this coin doing here?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Where did you hear about this?

Probably because it'll be giving more hints to the game itself. There were a few clues in the trailer we had. So I'm super excited for that. Also the 2nd half of the E3 trailer was the actual game xD

Those were just cutscenes, though, not actual gameplay clips.

Also, and I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet, but one aspect of the new first person cam I can see people legitimately having an issue with is the relative ease by which you can rack up headshots/instakills compared to previous games. With the fixed or even OTS camera, you actually had to have not only good aim, but proper positioning of your character to get zombie headshots, but now, with the first person cam, you can very easily point at their head and one shot zombies even from across the hallway, so in a sense, it does kinda cheapen the whole survival horror aspect a little bit. Of course, they may counteract this by making ammo extremely scarce, perhaps moreso than the classic titles, but that just kinda goes back to people's concerns over them focusing too much on the horror.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Shoutout to Jim Chapman? Or maybe you just buy health items from somebody, but I don't know who'd set up shop in the middle of a zombie outbreak, with the exception of a certain hooded fellow. I like the look of the health items though. They look grittier than past games, which works with what we've seen of re7 thus far.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Those were just cutscenes, though, not actual gameplay clips.

Also, and I can't believe nobody's mentioned this yet, but one aspect of the new first person cam I can see people legitimately having an issue with is the relative ease by which you can rack up headshots/instakills compared to previous games. With the fixed or even OTS camera, you actually had to have not only good aim, but proper positioning of your character to get zombie headshots, but now, with the first person cam, you can very easily point at their head and one shot zombies even from across the hallway, so in a sense, it does kinda cheapen the whole survival horror aspect a little bit. Of course, they may counteract this by making ammo extremely scarce, perhaps moreso than the classic titles, but that just kinda goes back to people's concerns over them focusing too much on the horror.

My bad. It came off as if you were saying that those cutscene bits were not part of the game at all. Which left me confused. They are defiantly related to the game in terms of the story and it gives us a bit of the direction that the game will be taking. It's better that they give us gameplay of what is NOT in the game. The game play style will be the same and it won't ruin the element of surprise. I think Capcom is doing a wonderful job of marketing the game and so far it's been heavily gravitating in their favor with all the attention it's getting.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
My bad. It came off as if you were saying that those cutscene bits were not part of the game at all. Which left me confused. They are defiantly related to the game in terms of the story and it gives us a bit of the direction that the game will be taking. It's better that they give us gameplay of what is NOT in the game. The game play style will be the same and it won't ruin the element of surprise. I think Capcom is doing a wonderful job of marketing the game and so far it's been heavily gravitating in their favor with all the attention it's getting.

I totally understand them not showing us actual gameplay footage in the E3 reveal, but there comes a point where keeping us in the dark of what the ACTUAL game will be like will do them no favors in the end. It's not silencing critics of the new first person cam and it's certainly not helping earning them pre-orders on the game. I myself am waiting until Capcom shows actual gameplay footage before pre-ordering the game (as I'm sure it'll still sell millions in the end, as always).

RedPanda

4x the awesome
KMan and Airaku I think you both have really good points. It would be nice to be able to experience what RE would feel like without having it spoiled (so many movie, tv, etc. trailers spoil themselves which is frustrating), but at the end of the day people will need the actual game to be convinced. If they're not impressed by the demo, they'll think the real game will likely be just as disappointing, but if they like the demo then there will be lingering doubt as to whether the actual game could live up to what they've seen, so there's really a dilemma there. Although I think given what they've already shown us, if they show gameplay of a fairly mundane part of the real game and it seems to parallel what people experienced in the demo, then they might be able to achieve the best of both worlds. But pleasing consumers is just about the hardest thing you can do, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do next.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
They haven't even explained the dummy finger yet and now they're teasing us with this coin... Will this be the next big mystery for fans to speculate about, and in the end it amounts to nothing? I hope not!

Or maybe you just buy health items from somebody, but I don't know who'd set up shop in the middle of a zombie outbreak, with the exception of a certain hooded fellow.

If they're going for somewhat realistic scariness this time, they better not ruin it by placing a teleporting merchant with funny lines and a weird accent in every other room.

phantasmbabeivory

If you look at the coin from the side, it looks like there's something written on the bottom, and the lettering on the left side looks like "NON".

Top Bottom