• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Another day another leak, from the same dude. Not much this time but leaked dialogue recording is included. Again as always it could either be fake or legit.

SPOILER ALERT !!!
- Proceed at your own risk -

Leaked dialogue 0:00 - 0:22. So Mia has a "gift"? now that's open to many interpretations.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Rely On Horror brings us an interview with Capcom answering some fan questions. The writer of the article also takes the video apart and speculates a little bit:

Click me!

Barely any spoilers here, but to cut a long story short for people who don't want to watch the entire video: The answer to almost everything is "No".

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I don't see the harm in having a Mercs on par with 5 and 6 honestly. I get it to an extent, what with the whole rebranding and everything, but a lot of people like Mercs. For some it was even a saving grace for the later entries, and because it's a separate thing it wouldn't detract from whatever effect the main game ends up having. But a lot of people probably disagree with me on that point. I just really like Mercs man. But I totally disagree with the writer of the article with the idea of an old fashioned battle mode-esque mini game. That feels like a compromise where nobody wins.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
RE 7 survival packs revealed. Each pack has a coin? interesting.

e_Bs_Gcuh.jpg

Last edited:

Darth Spencer

I wonder if the game takes place in the home of the biological family of Albert or Alex Wesker. One of the photos shows an Umbrella helicopter watching the mansion the game takes place in.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Some info I've gathered regarding the survival packs in the deluxe edition DLC
- The survival pack can only be used in the hardest difficulty of the game which is also included in the deluxe edition DLC
- All survival pack items are not exclusive. They are obtainable in the game regardless of whether you bought the DLC or not
- The hardest difficulty of the game whatever it's called, is also unlockable without the DLC. I assume we're gonna have to beat the game through the lower difficulty first
- The coins are not for micro-transactions. They are also obtainable in the game.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
That sounds pretty cool. I'm getting a physical copy and it's already pre-ordered. The idea of starting with the kits and not earning them isn't very appealing to me. It looks like the Deluxe Edition is digital only.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
New Trailer

Finally, they showcase something worthwhile. For what it is, it looks great but it's still not what I want from this series.

God, the new trailer looks fantastic. I think I can deal with this for one game. The opening shot gave me a slight Shining Vibe. I'm loving what I'm seeing here :)

My guess is ****ing with their brains. This time around it might be a virus that effects they psychologically rather than physically. Perhaps disputed in the water supply. If so, that could explain Capcom's reasoning for moving to a first person perspective. To make that psychological effect feel more personal.

Also that girl at the end of the trailer... hmmmm..... there she is again. What ever is wrong with the Bakers. I bet she's to blame.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
It's weird, it's like the more they show the more excited for the game I am, but on the other hand, the more they show the less it feels like Resident Evil. Still super hyped though. Plus we'll still have the inevitable Rev3, Vendetta, and REmake 2 to look forward to, so I'm not at all worried about what the future holds. I liked the way you phrased that Turo, because I think one of 6's biggest faults is that it was trying to be too many things, so it ended up half-assing all of the things it wanted to be. At least 7 appears to be going all in.

black 93

What a great trailer. Nice to finally see some combat, nice to hear the main protagonists voice, Marguette (if im spelling that right lol) seems freakin terrifying... wow what a great trailer. Im pumped as hell.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I do have a few more positives to say about this trailer. I like the atmosphere they've created and I think the voice acting is great. Visually, it's impressive. I'm wondering what they're infected with that makes them able to hold proper conversations with each other and seem aware of what's going on.

I still maintain that it doesn't feel much like RE to me, but that's just my personal feeling.

Top Bottom