• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Would you have liked to have seen REmake with the RE4 engine?

Zombie Enclave

I agree. The new camera in 4 and 5 was used to shoot things you could not see with the original angle, and to kill the enemies faster since they were tough.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I agree; I think one of the factors that made Resident Evil 'survival horror' is because you don't know whats behind that corner or the next. With the over-the-shoulder view, you see everything that's there which does take away quite a bit of the tension.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ark;39819 said:
I agree. The new camera in 4 and 5 was used to shoot things you could not see with the original angle, and to kill the enemies faster since they were tough.

Exactly.:) I do think that if they did want to go back and do the RE4/RE5 camera, they could possibly counter it with low amounts of ammo,it would make it pretty fair I think.:)

I would however love to play an Outbreak File#3 with the RE5 camera, I think that would be pretty nifty.:)

NiteKrawler

I am against this proposition. Survival horror games shouldn't have over-the-shoulder cams. RE4 and 5 are definitely action and not survival horror.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;40078 said:
I am against this proposition. Survival horror games shouldn't have over-the-shoulder cams. RE4 and 5 are definitely action and not survival horror.

You are starting to sound like GL Nite.:)

I wouldn't classify RE4 and RE5 as action or FPS, no more than I would Survivor or Dead Aim...

RE4's camera was just a new thing for Capcom to try out, much like they have been trying new stuff for the past almost ten years, with the Outbreak series, Survivor series, Gaiden, etc, and I think the over-the-shoulder camera just happen to be very succesful and very popular.

I have spoken to people whose complaint(singular) about RE5 was that you couldn't move and shoot at the same time, I personally thought it was an idiotic complaint,and everyone on this forum should understand why, but those people go into RE5 thinking it is the Gears Of War or Halo competitor, and it is definaetly not.:)

NiteKrawler

Spike991;40248 said:
You are starting to sound like GL Nite.:)

I wouldn't classify RE4 and RE5 as action or FPS, no more than I would Survivor or Dead Aim...

RE4's camera was just a new thing for Capcom to try out, much like they have been trying new stuff for the past almost ten years, with the Outbreak series, Survivor series, Gaiden, etc, and I think the over-the-shoulder camera just happen to be very succesful and very popular.

I have spoken to people whose complaint(singular) about RE5 was that you couldn't move and shoot at the same time, I personally thought it was an idiotic complaint,and everyone on this forum should understand why, but those people go into RE5 thinking it is the Gears Of War or Halo competitor, and it is definaetly not.:)

Well the over-the-shoulder cam isn't the only thing, as Dead Space had it and it was definitely survival horror. But there was definitely no lack of ammo, and the horror aspect was naught. Of course, none of the RE games have been very scary.

I agree that the run n gun complaints are just stupid. The people that want that option need to go back to Halo and Gears. They usually drain my IQ anyway.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;40295 said:
Well the over-the-shoulder cam isn't the only thing, as Dead Space had it and it was definitely survival horror. But there was definitely no lack of ammo, and the horror aspect was naught. Of course, none of the RE games have been very scary.

I agree that the run n gun complaints are just stupid. The people that want that option need to go back to Halo and Gears. They usually drain my IQ anyway.

Well ammo wasn't infinite, it was limited, and I can't speak for everyone, but every RE game I play I always have tons of ammo, it is just the way I play.:)

I felt that there was plenty of horror, and the tension that exists in the RE series prior to RE4 was also present in it.:)

There were plenty of things put in just for a good little scare, a prime example being the Del Lago when you shoot at the water. Wasn't the scariest thing in the world, but it is an attempt, much like walking down a corridor in RPD and having zombie arms reach out and grab you so suddenly.:)

NiteKrawler

When I think survival horror, I think of being scared constantly and always being on edge. I was barely on edge at all with RE5 especially. I'm not saying it is a bad game at all, just that I don't feel that it is scary or survival horror-ish...:p And ammo might have well been infinite, because I never had to conserve it. :)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;40314 said:
When I think survival horror, I think of being scared constantly and always being on edge. I was barely on edge at all with RE5 especially. I'm not saying it is a bad game at all, just that I don't feel that it is scary or survival horror-ish...:p And ammo might have well been infinite, because I never had to conserve it. :)

Well I guess it varies among different people, as I ran out of ammo plenty of times, and not because I was just constantly shooting either...

I think that I was on edge for RE4 like I was with RE1. I have heard people say that RE4 is a great game, but not a great RE game....well I think that it stays true to the story, the controls are the same, just a new camera, but I think it still qaulifies as Survival/Horror...

It has lost a few things, like now we have more enemies come out at us, and there are a few button commands, which actually come pretty natural, considering RE3 started with a dodging command, and this really isn't so much different.:)

NiteKrawler

Spike991;40318 said:
Well I guess it varies among different people, as I ran out of ammo plenty of times, and not because I was just constantly shooting either...

I think that I was on edge for RE4 like I was with RE1. I have heard people say that RE4 is a great game, but not a great RE game....well I think that it stays true to the story, the controls are the same, just a new camera, but I think it still qaulifies as Survival/Horror...

It has lost a few things, like now we have more enemies come out at us, and there are a few button commands, which actually come pretty natural, considering RE3 started with a dodging command, and this really isn't so much different.:)

Yep. I'm not sure what RE4 and 5 are classified as, but until they are classified as action then I guess they are still survival horror. I guess what I have been trying to say is that, I found it harder to survive in the old ones.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;40327 said:
Yep. I'm not sure what RE4 and 5 are classified as, but until they are classified as action then I guess they are still survival horror. I guess what I have been trying to say is that, I found it harder to survive in the old ones.

I will tell you what makes RE5 more difficult to survive, having to wait on Sheva to 'patch' you up, or whatever she does when your health it really low, I could have done without that part of the game...I have died so many times because I wasn't with her...

NiteKrawler

Agreed! lol. Pro is almost impossible because of that. You can get hit right next to her and go into dying mode, and she still won't fix you fast enough and you die. Ticks me off!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I haven't even tried Pro mode.....to be honest some of the RE5 extras seem very tedious...

rocklikebrucelee

I have absolutely no ****ING idea if this goes off-topic, but...

What if they used the RE 3.5 (the one with leon in the HAUNTED mansion) camera angles? The camera kinda follows you, but still keeps it at a scary angle. Wouldn't that be a GREAT game? or... REREmake? xD

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I know i made this thread but im now starting to think im glad it hasnt been remade again, because i was playing it the other day and i just really appreciated the classic style.

Top Bottom