• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Will you kill Leon?

Will you kill Leon?

• hell yeah!

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Votes: 23 50.0%

• Total voters

LordGolbez

hell no. leon is 2 much of an assett. like people said, yea have him as a boss, shoot him, but Capcom, for everyone's sake, don't kill him. don't make the same mistake as u did with REmake. plz!!!!

I'm Not A Big Fan Of Leon Myself So I Will Relish In Pwning Him, But From What I Understand Is That This Game Will Not Be Included In The Canon, Also Another Thing I Am Not So Fond Of But I Digress, So He Will Still Be Part Of The Games. It's Not Like They Are Killing Him Off. I Also Wonder What You Mean By The Same Mistake As They Did With Remake. I Never Saw A Big Problem With It.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I'm Not A Big Fan Of Leon Myself So I Will Relish In Pwning Him, But From What I Understand Is That This Game Will Not Be Included In The Canon, Also Another Thing I Am Not So Fond Of But I Digress, So He Will Still Be Part Of The Games. It's Not Like They Are Killing Him Off. I Also Wonder What You Mean By The Same Mistake As They Did With Remake. I Never Saw A Big Problem With It.

I agree with this.

People really should not jump to conclusions so fast.

This game has already been said to be a side story or "what if" story to be more precise. It doesn't have any bearing on the established Resident Evil canon so killing Leon or any other established RE characters does not equal to killing them in the established canon.

And also I also would like to understand what you meant by making the same mistake as they did in RE remake because last time I checked nothing "important" to the established canon was changed in that game.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
I've been waiting for this since 1998, there's no way I'm going to miss it. :D

Somehow, for some unknown reason, as soon as I read the title, I expected you to say such a thing with pleasure x'D

now, a little off-topic.
But meh, I don't really think we'll get Leon as the boss. Even if it's not canon, he won't be important enough to be the boss. He's just a rookie police cop. Why the hell should a professional bad soldier worry about a rookie? I'd love to see Claire too. Not as a boss, but as a sidechar. She deserves as much as Leon. Hell, she deserves better! I mean, he had his own game and (almost) his own movie, now it's Claire's turn to be in the spotlights :D Let's also hope that they'll make a sidegame too, like Separate Ways, where're you'll be able to play as Claire :D I want to play her so badly without some cheats and with a story (so, Resident Evil: Mercenaries won't count for me)

Being that one of the missions is to kill Leon, I personally see him as a boss. Even the naive unexperienced Leon in RE2 was hard to kill, I imagine he'll fight back hard enough to be considered a boss. (I really hope im right.) I mean it IS the mission objective.

And even though Leon is my favorate male protaganist, Claire is my favorate female protaganist, they should definately give her spotlight.

Something that bugs me with this whole non-canon thing, is that if they're gonna go through all the trouble of making a brand new game with something that's not even canon why just make it another "run and shoot stuff" game with Umbrella's reinforcements? Cuz that's what it looks like from the trailers. Why not just make something way more interesting, something with William Birkin maybe? Or Bravo team in the masion ect.

Well...I guess that's another topic...Hmmm. (Maybe I should make that a topic.)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Wow, I can't believe this is a thread.:)

Yeah I will, not on my first run though, I'm going to do everything by the book the first time.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Abso*******lutely. Why wouldn't I? I like Leon, but who would pass up a chance to change the Resident Evil story a little eh? Sounds fun.
Claire, Jill, and Carlos should be in the game as well. They were also in Racoon City. The chance to kill off Claire, Jill, and Carlos would be awesome. Technically speaking, Carlos is a traitor right? He's gotta be a side-mission. Nemesis failed to kill Jill too. So we should be able to follow-up. Claire knows too much by the end of the game. She should go too.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
lol How about showing up at the helicopter that Barry is piloting and shooting it out of the sky with Jill, Carlos, and Barry in it? Then as you are being airlifted out of the city at the end, you see Claire and Sherry walking out of the subway tunnel and kill them with a mounted .50 cal? As for Leon, I just wanna hear him beg for his life! Muahaha!

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
lol How about showing up at the helicopter that Barry is piloting and shooting it out of the sky with Jill, Carlos, and Barry in it? Then as you are being airlifted out of the city at the end, you see Claire and Sherry walking out of the subway tunnel and kill them with a mounted .50 cal? As for Leon, I just wanna hear him beg for his life! Muahaha!

Not as fun. I want to make an event of hunting them down... but if this is the only way then I suppose it's cool with me. ALL of them will get it with me at the helm of this non-canon plotline. HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Claire, Jill, and Carlos should be in the game as well. They were also in Racoon City. The chance to kill off Claire, Jill, and Carlos would be awesome. Technically speaking, Carlos is a traitor right? He's gotta be a side-mission. Nemesis failed to kill Jill too. So we should be able to follow-up. Claire knows too much by the end of the game. She should go too.

I totally agree. I don't see why it's just Leon, or maybe they're leaving the rest for a surprize. Not to mention Jill should be more wanted than Leon in the first place. Leon is just a young naive cop that knows nothing about the whole t-virus mess at first. It's Jill that's trying to stop them, which is why Nemesis is there in the first place.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I totally agree. I don't see why it's just Leon, or maybe they're leaving the rest for a surprize. Not to mention Jill should be more wanted than Leon in the first place. Leon is just a young naive cop that knows nothing about the whole t-virus mess at first. It's Jill that's trying to stop them, which is why Nemesis is there in the first place.

Oh i think there will be other characters...i think Leon probably has the biggest following so they announced his name...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure characters like Jill,Carlos,Claire and even Sherry will be making a appearance in this game considering that its set during the events of RE2 and RE3.

I'm also pretty sure you will be able to kill some of those key characters as well which like Capcom said will change some future events such as the fall of Umbrella for example.

It would be pretty ridiculous of Capcom not to include such key characters.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ridiculous it would be...and Capcom always keeps us on our toes when it comes to not releaseing information...

Meg

So bin ich eben
Oh gosh no! I'd feel bad doing that. :( I'm always a good guy in games.

Except for the whole Dark Brotherhood thing in Oblivion, heh heh. ^^'

Top Bottom