• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil (2002) / HD Remaster (2015) Whose scenario is canon - Chris or Jill's?

Which scenario is canon?

• Chris

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Jill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 23 88.5%

• Total voters

Unknown

Flawed from your point of view. Please stop putting me down and telling me that what I think is false and that your opinion and views are the only correct ones. I don´t like it when people I don´t even know call me flawed. Frankly I am getting really tired of this. Please just don´t say anything right now just for the sake of making another remark and just leave me alone. Your last comment was just petty and only meant to put me down and insult me and make me feel bad. It contributed nothing to the issue or the subject to this thread and was completely unnecessary. Dont´t reply to me just to be an ass. Thats just disrespectful.

Your logic is flawed by definition. Look:

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/56/Argument_from_Ignorance

That's what you did. You said I couldn't disprove the multiverse, therefore it could exist. You were appealing to ignorance, (which goes well with your also ignorant "exactly" comment above). This has nothing to do with opinions, you claiming otherwise is another fallacy entirely.

Not trying to put you down here, but you tried to make me the bad guy just because you took offence to a debate that opposed what you think is true. And yes, we're straying off topic but I wanted that to be said.

Last edited:

MisterScott

Hi all,

So I decided to purchase the Remaster since I haven't touched this game since university, and I hadn't noticed it before but the ending struck me as odd. I presume that Wesker captures and imprisons whichever character you didn't choose to play with at the beginning of the game and thus you never run into the other main character. The best ending with Jill is with Chris and Barry being alive, and the best ending with Chris is Jill and Rebecca being alive. But Chris never meets (up with) Barry nor Rebecca with Jill - at all. It seems strange that Capcom wouldn't try to amalgamate these two scenarios so that Chris and Jill scan save both Rebecca and Barry.

We do see Barry again in the series (aside from just mercenaries), but not Rebecca, although I believe there was a file that said she was alive in a latter game. So is the canon scenario then some weird mix of both Chris and Jill's experiences? I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question...
I think Chris's scenario is canon because in Resident Evil 6 he encounters a massive snake that resembles the one who is that bit him in the a Mansion and he comments on the last time he saw one whereas in Jill's scenario she got bitten by the snake instead while Chris was captured.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I think Chris's scenario is canon because in Resident Evil 6 he encounters a massive snake that resembles the one who is that bit him in the a Mansion and he comments on the last time he saw one whereas in Jill's scenario she got bitten by the snake instead while Chris was captured.
Parts of both are canon.

MisterScott

Parts of both are canon.
Sometimes I think that the first game should be remade again because (apart from all sorts of cool reasons like experiencing the first game with even more realistic graphics and adding new features)it can have a better ending which clears up these inconsistencies.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Neither of them could be considered canonical because it begs so many questions:-

Q#1 Who got kidnapped and did nothing until the very end?
Q#2 How did Rebecca or Barry survive?
Q#3 Who started the self destruct sequence? Was it Wesker or Rebecca?

Like, what "really" happened in RE1 is unkown as we know that both Rebecca&Barry survived and Chris had developed a rivalry thing with wesker in CV and Barry saves Jill in RE3's canon ending. It doesn't make sense for either of them to be kidnapped for the entirety of RE1.

Turo602

The King of Kings
They're both canon. It doesn't make much sense, but whatever development each character went through is what counts. It's poor storytelling but that was obviously something they sought to fix with RE2.

Top Bottom