• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Who is Nemesis

Valmar

:confused: Here's the thing... Shinji Mikami once said that Nemesis was someone we RE fans know from the past... I know that this issue was already debated a couple of times but don't you guys want to know who nemesis really is??? Let us dissect Nemesis for us to know him (or possibly "her") better

bruno

Chief Researcher
I don't understand... you mean, like in the movie?
I thought he was created using a clone of Vladimir...

Valmar

I mean, who was nemesis (in the game) before he/she became nemesis. I really think he was wesker (if we only view things out up to RE 3). I mean by RE3 plot, wesker was dead. He was only revived by the time of RE:CVX. That means the plot now contains a big hole. If we use wesker report 1 as a basis, that he was revived by the wonder virus given by William Birkin, then why on earth Umbrella was still researching all this subordinate viruses. So, i think the revival of wesker sort of screwed nemesis's past.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
wesker came back to life at the end of resident evil 1 not CV
so no he wasnt nemesis.
play resident evil as chris, the actual cannon story and you will see him come back.
so he cant turn into nemesis and sudddenly get the **** slapped outta him ,then be back in human form by 4.

i think its left up to imagination of who nemesis was, however you've got me thinking so im going to do a little research see what i can come up with.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think what he meant is that originally, Nemesis would have been created using Wesker, but then they decided to give Wesker a new destiny in RECVX.
What I think is that originally, Wesker was to die in RE1, but changed their minds in RECVX, and Nemesis was just a random subject.
I read somewhere that they made several clones of Vladimir to create Tyrants and Nemesis, because of his compatibility with the virus. Maybe The REUC files...

alonecrow

what I know so far, in the comic books of RE, they said that Nemesis's past was a boxer named Billy... he was taken by umbrella for their experiment, and to make sure he followed the experiment, they kidnapped his wife and daughter too..

I don't know if it's a canon or not.. but I say we can take that one to consideration..

aintnoscrub

Premium
from what ive read, and that wasnt much..nemesis is an evoled tyrant, injected with a parasite like virus..not related to 4..and thats the deal with his body, and the ugly things he has coming out of it.
before the tyrant faze, god knows.
although that boxer story sounds believable, although i dont think its canon, or else you would find it in the game somehow..
i think were supposed to leave it up to our imagination as to who he is...

biotecman

***:rolleyes:First of all! Nemesis is kind of biotec weapon
created by Umbrella corp. and you probably know that. I asked myself who he really was,too, but then I started to slippin`.
I realize, that fact of who became, or who nemesis was in his past is absolutely something that we don`t have to take care of.
Nemesis was created to wipe all members of S.T.A.R.S. (in the game) and we all can see that. In the movie, we can see it, too, but they have presented him in so different designe & I think that they wanted to make some difference whit him in the movie and in the game, and don`t get that two thing twisted if you want to resolve the problem in your head, becouse movie came out after fiew yers from the game`s poped up and executive producer of the game planned to make a change.I played all parts of game till the RE Nemesis and I didn`t see anything about project Nemesis. The only people who know something about, who Nemesis really was, is CAPCOM tim members and that`s where we are going to stop are discussion.
P.S. If the fact of ``unknowning`` roots of Nemesis, drives
you crazy, just make your own story and enjoy in your own imagination.***

bruno

Chief Researcher
All we know about Nemesis is on Wesker's report 2, and i elieve it is canon:

"Nemesis Prototype

We had to pull many strings to obtain it from the French laboratory where it had been developed, but it could not have happened without the support of Spencer. Birkin showed no interest at all, but he accepted the importance of the experiment. The samples had been developed with a brand new design in mind.

A parasitic living body, created by genetical modification - that was Nemesis. A living body with intelligence, which was unable to do anything on its own. However, once it parasitised the brain of another living being, it would take full control of the body and demonstrate its highly developed aptitude for combat. The project was to provide the intellience and the biological body for combat separately and then combine them in order to create one living biological weapon.

If it was successful we no longer needed to worry about the problems we had previously encountered. But there was a new problem in that it did not always settle in the carrier in the same manner as we desired.

On the report attached to the sample, we saw nothing but a long list of deaths. The carriers lasted for only five minutes after Nemesis took control of their brains. But we already knew that an incomplete prototype would be extremely dangerous. If we succeeded in prolonging the carriers' survival then we could hope to take the lead in the Nemesis project. This was my aim. Naturally, I was planning to use the female specimen. With her unusual ability to survive, she could endure the Nemesis prototype for a long time. Even if we failed, we would lose nothing."

So, Nemesis was created like the T-103, injecting the Nemesis parasite in it's brain.

Valmar

bruno;23820 said:
I think what he meant is that originally, Nemesis would have been created using Wesker, but then they decided to give Wesker a new destiny in RECVX.
What I think is that originally, Wesker was to die in RE1, but changed their minds in RECVX, and Nemesis was just a random subject.
I read somewhere that they made several clones of Vladimir to create Tyrants and Nemesis, because of his compatibility with the virus. Maybe The REUC files...

yeah, that is what i really meant. If this would be the case then isn't it unfair for our dear old friend nemesis to have his past taken away from him just because wesker looks good with red eyes?:unsure:

aintnoscrub

Premium
Biotecman, first of all, as much fun as it was reading your little rant :S
with abit of digging we can find out more and more.
there is obviously a story behind him, and were gonna get as much info as we can, so lets not stop the discussion there.
p.s people arent that stupid they would mix up game nemesis with film nemesis, they two are unrelated.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
i don't think that any of you thought of this. what if the Nemesis was a member of S.T.A.R.S. for example the Nemesis could be Enrico.

Mitch

That Wesker's report thing suggested she was female. And Rebecca seems to have disappeared since the first game. Could be her.

Valmar

It is possible that nemesis was rebecca, but the in the official story line, she was able to escape the mansion incident. Enrico is the best candidate thus far

aintnoscrub

Premium
i would disgree in saying its rebecca, i personally think were gonna see her again.
according to what i found, she is dead, either trying to escape racoon city the day before the missile attack or during the missile attack on the city..but none of this is confirmed, however was apparently written by one of the capcom staff, in the resident evil character relationship guide.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/BioHazard_Archives#Story

mastermind

It could be Rebecca as to the fact that she hasn't been around lately. Or it can be Billy cause as alonecrow posted earlier about the comics it says that it was a boxer by the name of Billy and it was never said that he was maybe a boxer for the marines and after RE 0 he just disappeared. Maybe Umbrella found out about his involvement in the training facility and captured him and to keep him from talking to anyone that shouldn't know about Umbrella's research they experimented on him and made him the Nemesis which would make it personal to him to hunt down and kill the S.T.A.R.S. members because he got close to Rebecca.

aintnoscrub

Premium
lets put it this way, we'll never know, unless they remade the game and added more story, well more back story in the part of nemesis.

aintnoscrub

Premium
yaaa ofc..everyone is entitled to their own theory..but i would hope one day we would see a REmake of 3 so we could clear this up.

Top Bottom