• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I recently broke out my old PS2 and wiped the dust off to replay Scooby-Doo Night of 100 Frights.

I really wish they would make a new, more mature Scooby-Doo video game for fans. Maybe something based off the Scooby Apocalypse comic or even just an open world Scooby-doo game where you run around trying to solve one big mystery and encounter numerous dude mysteries along the way.

I mean they did it with the Arkham games. Scooby deserves love too.

All that said: 100 Frights is a classic and still holds up pretty well in my opinion. I'm not having too bad a time with it either which is nice. I remember way back when as a kid having a terrible time finding all the inventions and getting thru everything.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Started playing through South Park’s The Fractured but Whole (lolz) game and what a blast. There’s been so many moments of having to pause the game just to laugh at its absurdity. Love those kids. Craig and Jimmy are a couple of favorites for me.

Last edited:

Mr.R

I'm actually playing Marvel's Avengers. Got in a sale a while ago, but decided to play RE Village first. I know all the bad things said about the game and I don't think the live service thing can be good for a long time................but I'm really having fun.

The game plays like a good beat'em up with a good shooting mechanics into it. I'm almost finishing up the main campaign (which is good, since the Wakanda storyline drops this month) and I really like the feeling that every hero feels different and has a different play strategy, even with the repetitve nature of the genre. Playing Iron Man feels different from Black Widow, who feels different from Cap and so on. I don't know about Kate Bishop and Hawkeye (my favorite Avenger), who might be similar, although the fact that Hawkeye has his sword to use alongside the bow might give him a different feel. The enemies are kinda samey but that isn't very problematic to me.

I do wish the game had a more particular approach to missions like they do in the main campaign. There are some very cool bits on the main campaign, but the side missions are pretty much more of the same, in 4 or 5 types of side missions. I'm still having fun though, and this game has that quick-play nature that is nice. For example, after that, I intend to play Dying Light. I can play Dying light for...1 hour and a half...and then before turning the PS4 off I can go for one or two missions of Avengers. I can see myself doing that.

Unfortunately, these live-service games needs to update fast and they simply can't update that fast on a AAA scale game. This weekend the game was free and it was a boom with lots of people playing. Maybe this game can reach new highs as the price drops, but I'm not that optmistic. I think we'll have Black Panther, since it's already done it, and Spider-Man, that they promised and it'll be the end. Maybe Captain Marvel, since she's one of the heroes Marvel's trying to push hard on these days.

A shame though, I would love a magical expansion, with Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange, or a SHIELD expansion with Quake, for example, or a Defenders DLC with Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and J.Jones, but I don't think this game will last that long.

I do will finish this in a high note. I like the story, I really do. I love to see my heroes in a cinematic game like that or like Spider-Man. The voices are amazing (Laura Bailey as Black Widow <3), the audio files are cool and there's a nice atmosphere. More than that, I play games to have fun. For the price I paid in the game (which was not full price), I'm having my fun, so I'm happy with that.

PS: I never cared too much about Kamala Khan in the comics, but I really liked how they made her in the game and she feels like a good pov for the player in the main campaign.

RipvanX

Recently played Distraint 1 and 2. They are great 2D style story driven games that give off Silent Hill vibes. Reminded me a lot of Lone Survivor and Claire which I also recommend if interested in anything Silent Hill like.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Started playing through South Park’s The Fractured but Whole (lolz) game and what a blast. There’s been so many moments of having to pause the game just to laugh at its absurdity. Love those kids. Craig and Jimmy are a couple of favorites for me.

That game is really great - it is funny, but the game is also really engaging with the battle system and locations. I thought I might be missing a lot of information since I havent really watched the show since probably 2010, but it was its own thing. I am sure if you know a lot of the episodes, you get more out of it. But it was still funny and fun to play for sure.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Recently started up my New Game Plus playthroughs of the Arkham games and was surprised to learn Arkham Asylum didn't actually have one. So I started the game up on hard and finished it and I'm honestly shocked at how incredible it still is. Especially after having completed the final Spider-Man DLC right before which was just a repeat of the other DLCs which is just the same stuff you did in the game numerous times already.

Arkham Asylum on the other hand has such incredible pacing that never devolves into doing the same thing for too long despite its core gameplay revolving around free-flow combat and stealthy predator segments. Both concepts evolve in various ways throughout the game, often forcing the player to broaden their skill set by incorporating new elements and challenges into the regular formula.

But the flow of gameplay is also greatly improved by the Riddler challenges that reward those who pay attention to detail and are familiar with Batman lore. Even the Riddler trophies feel rewarding simply because they encourage you to explore the environment and use your gadgets. But then the game goes the extra mile to keep things fresh with its trippy Scarecrow segments, platforming sections, and Killer Croc's sewer maze.

I've started up my new game plus run of Arkham City as well, and as much as I'm blown away by just how much this game expanded on the original's gameplay after trying and failing to do so many things from Arkham City in Asylum, I've also found myself completely missing all the Riddler stuff. The game just feels incomplete without it and it completely robs the experience of its rewarding progression. I almost regret not just jumping into New Game Plus the first time around like I did with the original release.

Regardless, it's still been a lot of fun despite mostly running through the story, and the side missions definitely add some meat to this Riddler Challengeless run. I was a little underwhelmed by Arkham Asylum's remastered visuals, but Arkham City is much more noticeably better looking than I remember it being. Looking forward to getting back into Arkham Knight after as I only played it once.

It's unfortunate however that Arkham Origins has never been remastered or even backwards compatible on Xbox. Don't understand why people view that game in such a negative light when it's just more of what made Arkham City so great but with some new elements that make it stand out more. Really underrated game.

RipvanX

Recently started up my New Game Plus playthroughs of the Arkham games and was surprised to learn Arkham Asylum didn't actually have one. So I started the game up on hard and finished it and I'm honestly shocked at how incredible it still is. Especially after having completed the final Spider-Man DLC right before which was just a repeat of the other DLCs which is just the same stuff you did in the game numerous times already.

Arkham Asylum on the other hand has such incredible pacing that never devolves into doing the same thing for too long despite its core gameplay revolving around free-flow combat and stealthy predator segments. Both concepts evolve in various ways throughout the game, often forcing the player to broaden their skill set by incorporating new elements and challenges into the regular formula.

But the flow of gameplay is also greatly improved by the Riddler challenges that reward those who pay attention to detail and are familiar with Batman lore. Even the Riddler trophies feel rewarding simply because they encourage you to explore the environment and use your gadgets. But then the game goes the extra mile to keep things fresh with its trippy Scarecrow segments, platforming sections, and Killer Croc's sewer maze.

I've started up my new game plus run of Arkham City as well, and as much as I'm blown away by just how much this game expanded on the original's gameplay after trying and failing to do so many things from Arkham City in Asylum, I've also found myself completely missing all the Riddler stuff. The game just feels incomplete without it and it completely robs the experience of its rewarding progression. I almost regret not just jumping into New Game Plus the first time around like I did with the original release.

Regardless, it's still been a lot of fun despite mostly running through the story, and the side missions definitely add some meat to this Riddler Challengeless run. I was a little underwhelmed by Arkham Asylum's remastered visuals, but Arkham City is much more noticeably better looking than I remember it being. Looking forward to getting back into Arkham Knight after as I only played it once.

It's unfortunate however that Arkham Origins has never been remastered or even backwards compatible on Xbox. Don't understand why people view that game in such a negative light when it's just more of what made Arkham City so great but with some new elements that make it stand out more. Really underrated game.
It’s been a long time but I really liked Asylum and City as well. They were some of the best games I played on the PS3. Origins felt unpolished and buggy in comparison to the first two. It was also frustrating to play and did not really have good pacing from what I can remember, but it’s been a long time. Knight on the other hand I could not get behind the tank battle segments which seemed to take up half the game, and having to figure out puzzle like segments to get your batmobile inside facilities felt so ridiculous. There was way too much focus on the vehicle IMO. The story also felt forced with Robin being the bad guy, it was as obvious as Jill being the plague doctor in RE5. I never finished it for those reasons but have seen playthroughs, and it’s not why I loved the first 2 games.

I have fallen out of love for a lot of modern AAA games over the past 5 years. The only ones that I actually liked from recent memory are Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn. I became fed up of all the forced walking segments and mechanics that add too much realism and not enough actual fun, but I am a boomer so what do I know.

Last edited:

SpaceOwlHoot

Booted up Assassin's Creed: Valhalla recently to try and finally finish it.

Also started playing a simple, little rally game called Art of Rally...it's been awhile since I've had that much fun with a racing title...what NFS is doing with the genre has been putting me off.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It’s been a long time but I really liked Asylum and City as well. They were some of the best games I played on the PS3. Origins felt unpolished and buggy in comparison to the first two. It was also frustrating to play and did not really have good pacing from what I can remember, but it’s been a long time. Knight on the other hand I could not get behind the tank battle segments which seemed to take up half the game, and having to figure out puzzle like segments to get your batmobile inside facilities felt so ridiculous. There was way too much focus on the vehicle IMO. The story also felt forced with Robin being the bad guy, it was as obvious as Jill being the plague doctor in RE5. I never finished it for those reasons but have seen playthroughs, and it’s not why I loved the first 2 games.

I have fallen out of love for a lot of modern AAA games over the past 5 years. The only ones that I actually liked from recent memory are Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn. I became fed up of all the forced walking segments and mechanics that add too much realism and not enough actual fun, but I am a boomer so what do I know.
I don't remember Arkham Origins being buggy. Is it possible you played it without the patch? I remember having an issue when I first started the game that wasn't allowing me to load my save until I installed the game onto the harddrive. That aside, I remember it being a solid variation of Arkham City's formula with a lot of new additions that ensured it wasn't just a half-assed clone. Even the bosses were a step up from the previous games. I will say though, it is the only Batman game that I did feel burned out when it came to completing it. There was definitely some filler that wasn't present in the other games.

I think I enjoyed Arkham Knight more than the average person though and will even say it was my favorite of the series. I 100% understand the criticism of the Batmobile being over-implemented. The bosses definitely suffered from it which was a huge step down from Origins. The tank stuff is also a little unnecessary for a Batman game too, but I didn't hate it. That stuff aside, I thought they implemented the Batmobile perfectly and in ways Batman would actually use it. It really was the last major component missing from the games that would complete the Batman experience and it felt so damn satisfying to control as well.

I remember being worried that we wouldn't get to be Batman much because of how overused the Batmobile was, but that wasn't the case at all nor did I feel like it was ruining my time with the game. Sure, I could have done with less of it, especially if it meant having better boss fights, but they weren't all bad, there just could have been more standard melee-based boss battles Incorporated.

I wasn't a fan of the Arkham Knight either. His identity was so obvious and in the end, he was an afterthought and added nothing substantial to the lore, but the game itself was still easily the most immersive Batman game for me. The story was very cinematic and done extremely well despite the lackluster Arkham Knight character. It really felt like the stakes were high and everything was piling on Batman like in the movies. The mechanics, both old and new, have never felt better. Everything was so much more fluid and a major improvement over what already felt like perfect gameplay in Arkham City. But I'm definitely in the minority though.

Mr.R

That aside, I remember it being a solid variation of Arkham City's formula with a lot of new additions that ensured it wasn't just a half-assed clone. Even the bosses were a step up from the previous games.
It's been a while since I played, but I also remember Origin's boss fights being very cool. Especially the fight against Deathstroke (and I think Lady Shiva, was on this game too).

I also agree with @Turo602 about Arkham Knight. I actually enjoyed the game a lot when I played and even though kinda sucks you need to fight Deathstroke, of all people, inside the batmobile, I actually found the car combat to be even kinda fun, in small doses, and the car felt good to control and use.

This conversation actually ignited a little of my hype for Gotham Knights.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's been a while since I played, but I also remember Origin's boss fights being very cool. Especially the fight against Deathstroke (and I think Lady Shiva, was on this game too).

I also agree with @Turo602 about Arkham Knight. I actually enjoyed the game a lot when I played and even though kinda sucks you need to fight Deathstroke, of all people, inside the batmobile, I actually found the car combat to be even kinda fun, in small doses, and the car felt good to control and use.

This conversation actually ignited a little of my hype for Gotham Knights.
Yeah, the Batmobile at its best was an extension of Batman's arsenal and a change of pace of the same old formula. It's a decent diversion that should have honestly stayed a diversion and not been used so frequently throughout the entire game outside of puzzle solving and traversal. But it was done so well that it didn't feel boring being in the Batmobile which alleviates some of the criticism for me.

And as much as I feel they dropped the ball not making more Batman games considering how popular they were, I can't wait for Gotham Knights. I hope they really nail it. There aren't enough co-op games, especially in the superhero genre, let alone ones as open, in-depth, and high quality as Gotham Knights looks. I just hope they find a way to make combat feel as good as free-flow despite its absence, which I can understand given its co-op nature.

Ikawaru

The Outer Worlds

A lighthearted action RPG that takes place in a space colony on a solar system called 'Halcyon' which is run by big corporations and the player can take different approaches on how he/she completes the missions.

One of the most charming games I've played, it's atmosphere sucked me in like a vacuum. I decided to level up as a loner stealth sniper character popping melons and picking locks to get the job done. On the other end of the spectrum, you can level up as a strong personality character who charms his/her way through everything and does no combat whatsoever and can have two companions who do all the fighting and unlocking (you can also drop points that make your companions tougher and do more damage).

I've never been a huge RPG fan, but this one hit the sweet spot. Apparently there's a sequel on the way, so let's hope they keep it going strong and not dilute it in future iterations.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
In reference to Arkham Knight and the use of the Batmobile. It is an amazing feature. And super well designed. However, it does take up a little too much time. Half of the side missions are Batmobile based. Then, there are extra bosses that appear in the game... but they use tank battles to create the fight. The greatest thing about the other games in the series are the unique and well designed boss battles. However, they end up being just okay in Knight. I am particularly happy with the bosses in Arkham Origins.

As for my current games - I am FINALLY playing The Walking Dead: The Final Season. And I am also playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse upstairs. Having a jolly time with both of em!

SpaceOwlHoot

I started playing Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut.

Having issues finding sessions in the Legends mode (I only tried a few times to be honest).

For anyone that tried Legends and was successful, what's the trick? :p

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Little late but I have mixed feelings regarding the Batmobile in AK. I enjoyed the fighting you did in it but I didn't necessarily enjoy the Riddler tracks and the emphasis on it being a quicker way to get around the city.

Overall I feel like AK did some things really well but I still prefer AC.

OT: Currently replaying MGS PW. Despite it being originally developed for portable, it's tied for my favorite MGS game with Snake Eater. Really enjoying revisiting this title.

Ikawaru

Anyone else try Tormented Souls yet? It's the latest survival horror craze, more in line with Silent Hill than Resident Evil. I bought it and everything about the game is wonderful except for one, godawful, almost game destroying thing: the puzzles. They simply are completely alien to me and their solutions don't make any sense to me. Usually on tough puzzles when I finally get around to figuring them out, either by time or cheating and looking it up, I feel stupid for not figuring it out earlier. Not in TS! When I finally have to cheat and look the solution up I remain still baffled on how they came up with that in the first place, and conceding that I never would have figured it out w/o a guide.

Too bad because this title has a lot going for it but my mindset is simply incompatible with the developers on how to properly implement puzzle solving, a classic love/hate relationship right here.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Little late but I have mixed feelings regarding the Batmobile in AK. I enjoyed the fighting you did in it but I didn't necessarily enjoy the Riddler tracks and the emphasis on it being a quicker way to get around the city.

Overall I feel like AK did some things really well but I still prefer AC
Just finished my New Game Plus run of Arkham City again and I will say that it's a better rounded game than Arkham Knight. I totally get the issues with Arkham Knight's over reliance of the Batmobile, but I think it's still my favorite simply for how much more immersive and complete it felt as a Batman experience.

It's bigger than City in just about every way City was bigger than Asylum, but because of that increase in scope, I think there was definitely more room for error compared to Arkham City which had a much better balance of ideas. But like I said, I'm definitely in the minority of those who felt the good in Arkham Knight was so good that it heavily outweighed the bad stuff.

Though, we'll see how my opinion changes if at all with my next playthrough of Arkham Knight which I've been looking forward to for a long time.

But before I get to that, I've finally started playing the infamous Metroid: Other M in anticipation for Metroid: Dread. I don't know just how deep I am into the game but I have been playing for quite a while, and it's honestly not as bad as people have made it sound over the past 11 years.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Currently playing Diablo II Resurrected on my lunch break. Have to figure out a way to play this and Death Stranding this weekend while also having company over.... lol.

Top Bottom