• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

D

Deleted member 21244

I picked up my preorder of Predator: Hunting Grounds and what a beautifully detailed game. Mind you, I have only played through the tutorial a couple times but I’m already impressed with the quality. I wish there was a story mode to the game but the online game will likely be a blast- once I work up the courage to get wrecked online.
I played the beta and despite all the flaws it was really an amazing game faithful to the movies
The soundtrack from the movie is also in the game, love it

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I've gone back to Elder Scrolls Online now that I've got my R3make platinum. I'm currently working on grinding out some Trial gear for my main healer and 2 of my dps. It's proving to be a bit of a grueling process but I've managed to get most of the gear for the 3 sets.

Awebb

I'm still not through with all the Final Fantasy 15 addons. I played FF15 when it was new and just finished the main game of the Royal Edition with my girlfriend.

When she's not around, I slowly crawl my way through Mass Effect Andromeda. The game has a lot of problems, but it's not as bad as I thought on first contact. Let's say hadn't it been an ME title, I'd have gotten total ME vibes from that game, but I'd hoped they'd give a sequel a bit more polish.

I've also recently rediscovered classic doom. Bethesda released a proper PC version of Doom 64 a while ago, so I thought I'd grind through the whole series again and see what's new. Thanks to the community, all the original WADs run well in gzdoom (compatibility is not my focus) and it seems I haven't played Sigil and the No rest for the living episodes. I also managed to retrieve the Doom 2 Master Levels WAD from the PS3 version, that means I finally have a comfortable way of playing the WADs in order, since it's only one WAD.

The only missing thing is a WAD of the PSX Doom version, which was a port of the Jaguar version and featured its own level design mantra and superb soundtrack. The levels are flatter, there is a monster limit and some monsters were cut. I could play it in an emu or on the original hardware, but I want to explore them with a modern engine.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Started Assassin's Creed: Unity. I'm currently on sequence 4 and have done quite a bit around the entire map. The game looks very incredible and I love the setting, but unfortunately, now that we're back to scaling large complicated structures, climbing no longer feels fast and fluid like it did in 3 and 4 and can be quite clunky as well.

I'm well aware of the game's infamous launch with all the bugs and glitches, but so far, they're mostly presentational, like NPCs clipping through objects or standing in the air, which can be quite funny, but I've also had some minor annoying things happen to me as well. But given the scope and amount of NPCs roaming the map at once, it's mostly forgivable.

The biggest and probably most important improvement however, is the mission variety. It seems like they're really avoiding making the player do the same stuff over and over again, like the overused tailing missions, which I surprisingly haven't come across yet. I'm also really enjoying the trippy Uncharted-esque sequences. I guess Ubisoft really took that mission feedback system from Black Flag to heart, which is awesome.

Hopefully the game can keep up the good flow, but I'm just glad to finally be getting through this series again because I can't wait to get to Origins.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Currently playing AC Odyssey. Don't know if I mentioned it on the forum yet, but I am enjoying it a lot. I feel like the series has kind of lost its identity as Assassin's Creed over so many iterations, but this version of AC isn't bad. It's just different. People have complained about slow leveling, but I feel like the game keeps me at the level I need to be if I just pick up a few side quests in every new town/region. Feels more like a Witcher game at this point due to the RPG edits. But like I said, still very enjoyable!

1995umk3

kof2002.

Trying to get that muscle memory in so the combos are not hard anymore. I always been into fighting games, it's my most played genre.

Mr.R

Like I said some time ago, my PS4 came bundled with Uncharted 4, God of War and Gran Turismo Sport. I quickly dug into Uncharted 4, since I love the series. After I finished, I had already bought RE7...and then it goes. I had played a few races of Gt Sport, but GT doesn't know how to make the "racing" part of the simulation satisfying, so I ignored...

I also ignored God of War. I only played the first Ps2 games and although they were fun, I simply hated Kratos. He's a bad character. In a sense that he is vile. All that happened to him was his own fault. Even though everyone around him was an a******, he was just as much and sometimes even worse. I never cared about his journey or his goals and I played because the gameplay was fun. But then I grew out of the series and never came back.

Well, I decided, after finishing up FF7 Remake, to finally give God of War 2018 a spin and...it's good. Kratos isn't such a horrible, unlikeable character in this game. He's just boring. But BOY saves the story by...being part of it. I'm also enjoying the gameplay so far. It's not a super quick, full of combos hack'n slash like DMC or Castlevania Lords of Shadow and it's not slow and purely methodical like Dark Souls. It stands in the middle and I like it. It's fun, without having 3459045409 combos and combinations that not only you don't remember, but only 2 or 3 are useful (a lot of hack'n slash suffers from this problem). At any rate, for now, I'm enjoying. I still don't care too much for Kratos, but I want to see the end of the journey, because i want to help BOY. Also, Norse mythology is cool so...that's a plus too.

I'll give my final impressions when I finish the game.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I finally went back and redownloaded GoW 2018. It's my first time playing it since I got the Platinum right after it came out. I'm enjoying New Game+ and can't wait to see what this new armor looks like.

D

Deleted member 21244

I was just thinking myself to replay the God of War series
I started reading the Iliad, and after reading it a bit I really wanted to watch the Greek mitology in god of war

I also want to reply god of war 2018 and buy some book about the Norse mitology

D

Deleted member 21244

I've always been interested in Norse mythology. And GoW. So it was a great game for me.
Yeah it was a great game, actually one of the best game i ever played

And i think the game did really a good job at exposing the Norse mythology adding of course Kratos story and God of war fiction...
i actually things is one of the best media set in the Norse mythology

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I've joined the current craze and have started playing Animal Crossing on Switch. My friend got two copies by accident for the price of one, so offered me a half price copy. Man, that game is addictive.

Still been playing Resistance too. Nicholai is ridiculously OP.

D

Deleted member 21244

Still been playing Resistance too. Nicholai is ridiculously OP.
He is, especially if you are playing whit a random team... Even noob can kick ass whit nicholai

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I haven't seen Nicholai in action. What is his Ultimate Summon or whatever it is called? haha. He can't just summon Nemesis, right?

And I am glad to hear that we are all looking back at God Of War (2018). The original games were good for their cinematography and game play, but watching Kratos exist in that World is a challenge. He just murders civilians with no remorse and speaks like a 13 year old on Fortnite. I get that it is part of the character, but man, the new Kratos is a ****ing baller. He moved past the monster energy Greek Kratos to actual living legend. His dialogue, development, and energy are so much more sophisticated, but he still comes off as a total bad ass. And he develops as the story goes in to someone even more worth your time and energy.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I've joined the current craze and have started playing Animal Crossing on Switch. My friend got two copies by accident for the price of one, so offered me a half price copy. Man, that game is addictive.

Same here! Never thought I'd be so addicted to Animal Crossing. I had mild interest in the series after how popular New Leaf was on the 3DS. It took a worldwide pandemic to push me over the edge. Target even messed up my original pre-order of Resident Evil 3 which was under a buy 2 get a 1 free promotion, but after a lot of hassle, I asked them if they could just change my order to Animal Crossing and ended up getting a deal on it, which Nintendo never does.

Reactions: Jen

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Still Minecraft, but heavily modded.

Trader with two llamas kept hovering around my campfire...both llamas burnt to death because they kept walking over it and then the trader wouldn't move for days.

I think he was in mourning.

Then a creeper blew him up.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I just got Maneater because why not? Also it's a killer shark RPG. It's made by the same people who made Killing Floor 2. So far I played through the tutorial and it's pretty fun, especially for those of us that liked playing all those games where you eat your way to becoming the biggest fish in the sea.

Soul Fist

I just finished playing Resident Evil Dead Aim for the 1st time! It's very short game but cool and fun, if you can play it do it because you wont regret it. It has some simple puzzles, the atmosphere of the game is good. The story and enemies are kinda interesting!

Top Bottom