• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Are you playing the PS4 version? If so, in what way are the controls awful? I bought the game on a whim a while back and haven't gotten to it, but that doesn't sound very promising.

Yea, it's one of the free games for PS+ this month.

Basically the best way I can describe it is the controls kinda fight with the camera and vise versa (I suppose it might've been more accurate to say the camera is godawful but one plays into the other in this case so whatever lol.). For example, while fighting colossi, I run in a circle so they don't see me, and during the second fight I used my bow more than the first fight. Any time I would switch from my bow to my sword, the camera would whip pan far off to the left and because of that it was extremely difficult to take my shot effectively. This even after I disabled motion blur in the option menu before I ever started.

Also, while not as bad but equally annoying, any time I ride my horse I have to fight to keep the camera where I want to because it always drifts off to the side. So I feel like the difficulty in this game is going to be reconsciling the controls and the camera so I don't see the replay value being very high.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yea, it's one of the free games for PS+ this month.

Basically the best way I can describe it is the controls kinda fight with the camera and vise versa (I suppose it might've been more accurate to say the camera is godawful but one plays into the other in this case so whatever lol.). For example, while fighting colossi, I run in a circle so they don't see me, and during the second fight I used my bow more than the first fight. Any time I would switch from my bow to my sword, the camera would whip pan far off to the left and because of that it was extremely difficult to take my shot effectively. This even after I disabled motion blur in the option menu before I ever started.

Also, while not as bad but equally annoying, any time I ride my horse I have to fight to keep the camera where I want to because it always drifts off to the side. So I feel like the difficulty in this game is going to be reconsciling the controls and the camera so I don't see the replay value being very high.

That sounds very unfortunate. You'd think they would have fixed that given it's a remake. Even weirder considering how highly acclaimed it is.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
That sounds very unfortunate. You'd think they would have fixed that given it's a remake. Even weirder considering how highly acclaimed it is.

Yea, that's what I thought too. My husband's good friend would apparently play it all the time and I watch some YouTubers who absolutely adore the game, but to be honest thus far into the game it seems very straight forward and lacking any real substance on top of the camera/control issue. It's really a mystery to me. That being said I haven't gotten very far but now I can only hope the game really takes off later.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Yea, that's what I thought too. My husband's good friend would apparently play it all the time and I watch some YouTubers who absolutely adore the game, but to be honest thus far into the game it seems very straight forward and lacking any real substance on top of the camera/control issue. It's really a mystery to me. That being said I haven't gotten very far but now I can only hope the game really takes off later.

From what I gather, there isn't much to it than going from boss fight to boss fight. I've always been curious about trying the game due to all the praise and it looking like something I might like, but I think what pushed me over the edge was a friend who recommended it to me. We always talked about Zelda and he was playing Zelda-like games at the time he told me about Shadow of the Colossus.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yea. Definitely can confirm (at least at this stage) it literally is just going from boss to boss. And so far on hard it takes me 13 mins and 9 secs to beat them lol. Seriously I beat the first and second within microseconds timewise. But that's interesting. I love Zelda games.

D

Deleted member 21244

I started playing Shadow of the Colossus today for the first time. Went straight for hard difficulty and so far have beaten 2 colossi. It seems a cool, albeit simple game so far but the controls are godawful.
I remember playing this game during the ps2 era, was one if my favorite game of all time, it have some of the best boss ever and some of the best visual artists ever, but yeah controll and camera were sort of mechanical, robotic, i don't know the right word to use in English , there are to much button to press to climb a colossus where they could have semplified them to one button

Also the collision between object are most time bad, and the camera was a bit tricky and most of the time i died because of bad collision or camera... But i had to confess that this things didn't bother me that much and after i get used to the controll and camera it became really fun,

Also i played the new version on ps4 and they didn't changed the controller or camera , also i read that this version is called remake but i will actually call it a remastered version whit improved graphic since the game is essentially the same, they only updated the graphic

Nonetheless i think this game is a real gem despite all the flaw, and had some really beautiful moment, and twist... I replayed it many time because it have many unlockable, secret and challenge to do, i also remember that one of its secret was only recently found

Awebb

Halo is getting proper PC releases this year and the anniversary edition of Halo CE came out a few days ago. I wanted to test the game and see how well it runs and BAM! I'm right in front of the final boss. Awesome game, structurally flawed, but absolutely awesome.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Star Ocean First Departure.

Star Ocean is one of my favorite series and First Departure has been so much fun. I love the idea of recruiting different characters and having different play throughs every time. Was going for a Platinum run, but one of the trophies deals with unseeable Affection Ratings to get the "best" ending, but if I use methods to change the Affection Rating, I could potentially lower them. I gave it a few attempts, but I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Love a good JRPG!

1995umk3

King of fighters 2002. I usually stick to two fighting games or one because I learn slow, but at last I can play another fighting game and not losing anything I gained. Muscle memory for me kicks in slow.

Diablo 1 1996 on PC.

I played Star Ocean The Second Story on PSX and it looked very different then all the other rpgs i played, you are playing those rare rpgs UniqTeas.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Star Ocean: The Second Story is one of my favorite games of all time. I really love classic PS1 JRPGs. Square Enix and Tri Ace made some unbearably good games in that era.

I am almost done with Star Ocean: First Departure R now. Just finishing the game for the third time and I still have like 5 trophies to unlock - so that Platinum is not coming right now. In a few years, I might play it again with a walkthrough. haha

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well I’ve succumbed to paying for PS Plus in preparation for the multiplayer game Predator: Hunting Grounds. But I also had a bit of ulterior motives with The Last of Us Factions. hehe

I’m so rusty, the last time I played this game was when they pulled the plug for the PS3 online gaming. I missed it so much though! Such a blast. Might replay the remastered story mode on the this weekend.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That in insane 1995umk! You're officially the craziest person on this website. haha.

The original REmake is one of the best games of all time and is in my opinion one of the top 3 Resident Evil games. They only added better features, gameplay mechanics, and story.

Everyone has their own opinion, and I like the fact that you're a retro kind of person. But you seriously nuts. haha

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Just bought Vampyr yesterday on discount and tried it out for a few hours. Won't give up yet but I'm shocked at how bad the graphics and controls are... it feels like an early PS3 game.

1995umk3

kof2002.. the game is still hard. I can't beat single player mode without having to re-try billions of times.

It's well known in the fighting game world and I wan't to at least be average at it.. or at least beat single player mode without trying too hard.

UniqTeas: I wanted to like the game.. I do like the way the grenade launcher sounds and the library is well done when you fight the giant snake. You have a much bigger place to move around and he follows you.

I'll be honest... I only re-played it because I remember you can unlock Jills RE3 outfit. UnRE3maked is still the best in the series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Since there were sale on the playstation network i decided to buy onimusha warlords and final fantasy X remastered two game that i never manage to beat, onimusha because it was completely in Japanese on my pc so i got stack at some puzzle, while i was not able to beat ff x because my ps2 broke

I started onimusha first and it's still amazing today

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I picked up my preorder of Predator: Hunting Grounds and what a beautifully detailed game. Mind you, I have only played through the tutorial a couple times but I’m already impressed with the quality. I wish there was a story mode to the game but the online game will likely be a blast- once I work up the courage to get wrecked online.

Mr.R

Just bought Vampyr yesterday on discount and tried it out for a few hours. Won't give up yet but I'm shocked at how bad the graphics and controls are... it feels like an early PS3 game.

I felt the same as you at first, but then I kinda got used to it, and the gameplay started to grow out on me. To me, Vampyr has an excelent story and some very good ideas, but the implementation rarely does these ideas justice. But it was entertaining enough for me.

Top Bottom