• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I just finished playing Resident Evil Dead Aim for the 1st time! It's very short game but cool and fun, if you can play it do it because you wont regret it. It has some simple puzzles, the atmosphere of the game is good. The story and enemies are kinda interesting!
Bruce is definitely fun, and the story is unique, as far as oldschool RE goes. Glad you enjoyed it.

Billy Coen

Resident Evil Gaiden on my Game Boy Colour emulator.

I have this game since 2018, but I was always procrastinating to finish it.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Finished up my playthrough of The Last of Us the other night. Still one of my top favorite games and it has kind of reignited some hype for the sequel. I'll probably start a playthrough of the Left Behind DLC once I peel myself away from Factions. It's a problem, I know. :biggrin:
It would be cool if we see a reveal for a Factions game tomorrow. I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be interesting nonetheless.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
It would be cool if we see a reveal for a Factions game tomorrow. I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be interesting nonetheless.
It would be cool and make the game more replayable, especially if you're not into the story being told... Sadly though, Naughty Dog didn't sound interested in designing a multiplayer mode for the sequel. But maybe the negative reactions to the leaks will make them consider adding it on after it is released...? We can hope!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I hardly ever play Multiplayer games attached to a series. But there is a lot of love for Factions from TLoU. I would definitely give it a shot if there was enough praise!
A lot of people still play it on the PS4! I’d say it’s well worth it and makes for a very tense and fun experience that’s different every time because everyone on your team brings something different to the table... or, sometimes, absolutely nothing to the table.

Mr.R

I'm finally catching up with a game I wanted to play in the last generation, but never ended up playing: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. What an amazing experience. Just the freedom of taking your ship and sailing is so amazing that I never used a fast travel yet. It's still has all the same problems assassin's creed had by that point, which is a clumsy gameplay experience, especially when things gets too crazy and you're trying to do one specific thing and your character is trying to climb all the nearest walls and obstacle. Combat is also more fun than AC3, because I think they toned down your counter-attack a bit. I think I'm over 60% of the story. It's good, it's really good and I'm enjoying a lot.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm finally catching up with a game I wanted to play in the last generation, but never ended up playing: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. What an amazing experience. Just the freedom of taking your ship and sailing is so amazing that I never used a fast travel yet. It's still has all the same problems assassin's creed had by that point, which is a clumsy gameplay experience, especially when things gets too crazy and you're trying to do one specific thing and your character is trying to climb all the nearest walls and obstacle. Combat is also more fun than AC3, because I think they toned down your counter-attack a bit. I think I'm over 60% of the story. It's good, it's really good and I'm enjoying a lot.

That's funny, I'm currently about 60% through Unity and having barely gotten through Black Flag myself earlier this year, it's definitely the superior game.

Unity started pretty strong and if you're going for just the story, it's actually quite a great experience, albeit short. I've noticed some serious improvements in terms of mission variety and I've already come across 2 of my favorite gameplay moments in the series so far. But overall, it just feels like they cut so many corners and rushed the game out.

Arno is by far the weakest protagonist in the series. Climbing and combat feel like a step backwards. Sequences have been shrunken down to about 2 or 3 missions each. The present day stuff has been completely reduced to voice overs. Co-op missions don't even work and the filler stuff feels really overdone here.

Black Flag on the other hand thrived in its simplicity and made for quite the relaxed and chill experience. Having the content spread across various islands made it easier to complete all the usual filler side stuff since it could be enjoyed in bursts. The smaller and more dense locations also made for much stronger level design that visually guides the player's movement, making climbing and traversing a lot more fluid.

Edward was such a refreshing protagonist as well and his journey actually resonates with you as do the supporting cast. There's gonna be some real cool stuff when you start getting closer to the end too. Not to mention, the pirate theme and setting are just absolutely incredible and the main reason why I anticipated it so badly. Unfortunately, I had Liberation on back burner for so long. But it definitely lived up to my expectations and is a favorite so far.

Would really love to get to Origins soon though as it is currently my most anticipated entry. I've always been fascinated by ancient Egypt, so there's a strong chance it might become my favorite game in the series.

Mr.R

That's funny, I'm currently about 60% through Unity and having barely gotten through Black Flag myself earlier this year, it's definitely the superior game.

Unity started pretty strong and if you're going for just the story, it's actually quite a great experience, albeit short. I've noticed some serious improvements in terms of mission variety and I've already come across 2 of my favorite gameplay moments in the series so far. But overall, it just feels like they cut so many corners and rushed the game out.

Arno is by far the weakest protagonist in the series. Climbing and combat feel like a step backwards. Sequences have been shrunken down to about 2 or 3 missions each. The present day stuff has been completely reduced to voice overs. Co-op missions don't even work and the filler stuff feels really overdone here.

Black Flag on the other hand thrived in its simplicity and made for quite the relaxed and chill experience. Having the content spread across various islands made it easier to complete all the usual filler side stuff since it could be enjoyed in bursts. The smaller and more dense locations also made for much stronger level design that visually guides the player's movement, making climbing and traversing a lot more fluid.

Edward was such a refreshing protagonist as well and his journey actually resonates with you as do the supporting cast. There's gonna be some real cool stuff when you start getting closer to the end too. Not to mention, the pirate theme and setting are just absolutely incredible and the main reason why I anticipated it so badly. Unfortunately, I had Liberation on back burner for so long. But it definitely lived up to my expectations and is a favorite so far.

Would really love to get to Origins soon though as it is currently my most anticipated entry. I've always been fascinated by ancient Egypt, so there's a strong chance it might become my favorite game in the series.

I'm yet to play Unity, so I don't know how much it shakes the previous AC gameplay. But from basically 2 from Black Flag the game feels the same when you're on foot. It's good, because five minutes in and you're already in the gameplay loop, but it's bad because it's mostly the same clumsy thing it always was. It's all fine and dandy until you're desperate for something and you see your movements becoming erratic because of the free running. It's not a dealbreaker, but sometimes it's annoying. Also annoying is the gigantic amount of tail missions in Black Flag. Some are fine, but some are infuriating. But those are, in a sense, nitpicks, because that's the most fun I've ever had with AC (I played 1,2,3 and now Black Flag. I skipped the two other games of the Ezio trilogy but I have them and I'll tackle them some time in the future. I was just too eager to play 4).

For what I've see in videos, the core gameplay only changes from Origins\ Odissey, which are two games I'm curious about, because I love both pharaonic Egypt and classic Greece, although both games seems to have some serious microtransactions in there, which is always a bummer. Still, Origins and Odissey are regularly in PSN sales, normally very cheap, so I'll get them both eventually xD

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm yet to play Unity, so I don't know how much it shakes the previous AC gameplay. But from basically 2 from Black Flag the game feels the same when you're on foot. It's good, because five minutes in and you're already in the gameplay loop, but it's bad because it's mostly the same clumsy thing it always was. It's all fine and dandy until you're desperate for something and you see your movements becoming erratic because of the free running. It's not a dealbreaker, but sometimes it's annoying. Also annoying is the gigantic amount of tail missions in Black Flag. Some are fine, but some are infuriating. But those are, in a sense, nitpicks, because that's the most fun I've ever had with AC (I played 1,2,3 and now Black Flag. I skipped the two other games of the Ezio trilogy but I have them and I'll tackle them some time in the future. I was just too eager to play 4).

For what I've see in videos, the core gameplay only changes from Origins\ Odissey, which are two games I'm curious about, because I love both pharaonic Egypt and classic Greece, although both games seems to have some serious microtransactions in there, which is always a bummer. Still, Origins and Odissey are regularly in PSN sales, normally very cheap, so I'll get them both eventually xD

For me, the gameplay peaked in Assassin's Creed III. Movement was definitely still finicky, especially during erratic situations, but for the most part, it was quicker and smoother than previous entries, and after Unity, I think it was in large part due to the smaller and less complicated structures of the eras.

Unity really feels like a bad mix of tall complicated structures and unresponsive and glitchy gameplay. It works for the most part, but you'll definitely find yourself getting annoyed the longer you spend time with the game, which is why the best experience with the game is probably just going for the main missions and whatever side content necessary to upgrade the character because like I said, they really went for variety this time. Tailing missions are nearly non-existent in all of the main and side missions. So I guess the mission rating system in Black Flag really paid off.

I will say though, you really should get to Brotherhood and Revelations. Ezio's story is by far one of my favorites in gaming. Not to mention some pretty major stuff happens to progress the present day story arc. That is if you even care about the modern day stuff, though his story is actually very important to it as well and what makes him very unique amongst the other protagonists.

That's actually one of the reasons why I'm excited to get to Origins as well. It's gonna be nice to see how they change things up for the series and the settings alone are just absolutely breathtaking and drastically different than what we've seen before. Though I have heard about microtransactions being pushed, but more so in Odyssey than Origins. So if it's true about Origins, that's a bummer, but I've seen a few comparison videos between the 2 games and a lot of the core Assassin's Creed fans seem to prefer Origins to Odyssey. I've also heard that Odyssey in general is absurdly filled with content just to prolong the experience, which unfortunately includes ridiculously nerfing the player to extend combat and force the player into buying microtransactions. So I definitely been less hyped about Odyssey despite most gamers in general really loving it.

D

Deleted member 21244

It would be cool and make the game more replayable, especially if you're not into the story being told... Sadly though, Naughty Dog didn't sound interested in designing a multiplayer mode for the sequel. But maybe the negative reactions to the leaks will make them consider adding it on after it is released...? We can hope!
A multiplayer game of the last of us was leaked some days ago, but i don't remember if the leak referred to a ps4 or ps5 release, I'll try to find that leak , also some times ago when the last of us 2 was revealed, naughty dog say that they were searching people to work on a multiplayer game, even if they didn't say it was a multiplayer the last of us

Soul Fist

I'm playing Parasite Eve 1, the game looks amazing so far. I always wanted to play the series, but unfortunately the game is RPG which is something I'm not good at. But it's also has some Resident Evil elements to it, I love Aya Brea. She's so pretty, I played The 3rd Birthday years ago but never played the previous titles.

Hopefully after I finish PE1, I'll continue PE2.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Currently playing Sword Art Online Hollow Realization; it was 80% off in the PS store and, seeing as how I'm interested in the new one coming out in a handful of weeks, I figured I would try this out and see if I like it. I'm still not very far into it but it's not so bad. Also kinda playing the Greymoor expansion for ESO and FF XIV. And I'm also playing Folklore which is a tabletop game very similar to DnD but without needing a GM so my husband and I can play together.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Parasite Eve is a series that desperately needs to be brought to the modern era. I didn't play Parasite Eve 2, but I would really love to.

That and Dino Crisis. I really miss the PS1 Era. haha.

I can't wait to finish AC Odyssey so I can jump right in to RE6 again. Haven't played it since it came out, but with the current Capcom sale - I couldn't resist!

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm currently playing the evil whitin 2 for the firs time...
I m enjoying it for now, i like the open map and stealth gameplay
But is a many step back compared to the original
The first one was really on another level both on atmosphere, level design, location, enemy design and story

I don't know it feels like the evil whitin 2 is the evil whitin but for casual gamer

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I've been super busy playing WoW classic and been working hard in a highly competitive guild and we just broke server records last week. I've also been playing Magic: Arena. Lots of Resident Evil: Resistance (Platinumed, yay!), BattleFront II that was free with PSN. Just beat the main story last night. Fire Emblem: 3 Houses. I recently got the platinum trohiers in all 3 Spyro games and relived my childhood! Also getting ready for The Last of Us: Part II. Screw the haters, it's gonna be a great game!

Top Bottom