• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What are your opinions on the two mystery character?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So there a lot of rumors flying across the web right now, but now is the time to take everything we know about RE to try and stop these rumors..
Is it clear what two characters I'm talking about? I'm talking about the supposed Steve Burnside and Ashley Graham.
Who do you think are these to mystery people. Ashley Graham maybe Sherry Birkin and Steve Burnside maybe Mr. Death AKA HUNK.
I personally think that its Ashley and Steve.
Ashley because there is allready a lot about the president in this game and the biggest reason is that she has the same voice actor.
I think Steve because he is suppose to have special blood, I do not know much about HUNK other then he could not die and h was a trained merc. What are your opinions?

WeskersBrother

Ashley and Hunk.....For sure! Or maybe Sherry.........I hope :)
It would be so awesome If Claire made a surprise appearance in this game!

Sherry & her have unfinished buisness with Nemesis.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
We are talking about the blonde girl and the mercenary, right? I think it's Sherry and Alex Wesker. Alex would also have special blood, being one of the Wesker children and all. It would also make sense because according to the Wesker Report, Sherry either has been in Wesker's custody or at the very least, (Albert) Wesker has spies keeping an eye on her - so, imo it would make sense that she could possibly be 'hanging' with Alex. It could also be HUNK as well. I think at this point Steve is a stretch.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I think its Ashley and Steve.

Steve also has special blood and was confirmed by Wesker to be "special" since he had some form of immunity from the T Veronica virus. If thats true than he blood could produce a antibody for the T Veronica virus making his blood VERY important. But I still would like to ask everyone who sais he is Alex, how is Alex blood important to the survival of the world? I get that he is important has a special type of bloodline, but I just do not get how it could help people in a way Steve's blood could.

Also this guy looks to be around the same age steve would be at this time (which is late 20s) while Alex would be around the same age as Wesker (who is in his late 40s).

L30N

Alive

Steve also has special blood and was confirmed by Wesker to be "special" since he had some form of immunity from the T Veronica virus. If thats true than he blood could produce a antibody for the T Veronica virus making his blood VERY important. But I still would like to ask everyone who sais he is Alex, how is Alex blood important to the survival of the world? I get that he is important has a special type of bloodline, but I just do not get how it could help people in a way Steve's blood could.

Also this guy looks to be around the same age steve would be at this time (which is late 20s) while Alex would be around the same age as Wesker (who is in his late 40s).

He's dead though.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen

I'm sure Capcom could 'pony' up a reason why Alex's blood would be important. ;) Not to mention Alex was sent out by Spencer to study a virus in order to discover the secret to 'immortality', which could possibly help somewhat in 'the world's survival'. Also, his moves are somewhat Wesker-esque. The reason I ruled Steve out is that (imo) he doesn't remotely look like or sound like Steve, and the guy said in the trailer 'he was better off as a mercenary'. Not that Steve couldn't have become one, but at this point it's a stretch - hence why my money's on Alex or HUNK. And lastly, a Sherry and Alex 'team' makes quite a bit more sense to me than Ashley and Steve.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I'm sure Capcom could 'pony' up a reason why Alex's blood would be important. ;) Not to mention Alex was sent out by Spencer to study a virus in order to discover the secret to 'immortality', which could possibly help somewhat in 'the world's survival'. Also, his moves are somewhat Wesker-esque. The reason I ruled Steve out is that (imo) he doesn't remotely look like or sound like Steve, and the guy said in the trailer 'he was better off as a mercenary'. Not that Steve couldn't have become one, but at this point it's a stretch - hence why my money's on Alex or HUNK. And lastly, a Sherry and Alex 'team' makes quite a bit more sense to me than Ashley and Steve.

Well the whole mercenary and looks thing can all be chalked up to Steve aging through the years and becoming more experienced. Obviously he is not going to stay the same ole Steve that he was in Code Veronica. Which means that over 10 years (or 13 judging by the rumors) he would definitely look different than he did in his younger years and he also would have had ample time to become a mercenary if he wanted to.

The guy in that trailer seems to have extensive knowledge of BOWs and zombies which could point even closer to the possibility that its Steve since he obviously knows alot about BOWs after his experience in Code Veronica. But then again, HUNK and Alex also would have that kind of knowledge as well....

It could go either way at this point. I think its Steve, you think its Alex, we will have to wait and see who is right (or if we are both wrong).

@L3on, as Painted_Wraith said, Wesker proclaimed that he may bring Steve back to life similar to how he himself was brought back and suggested that Claire and Steve may even meet each other at somepoint in the future.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Well the whole mercenary and looks thing can all be chalked up to Steve aging through the years and becoming more experienced. Obviously he is not going to stay the same ole Steve that he was in Code Veronica. Which means that over 10 years (or 13 judging by the rumors) he would definitely look different than he did in his younger years and he also would have had ample time to become a mercenary if he wanted to.
Well, no, I wouldn't expect him to look the same as he did in Code Veronica. Generally though, when most people age they are still at least somewhat recognizable. I mean - poor Leon hasn't aged terribly well, but I could still quite easily tell it was him. If this guy indeed turns out to be Steve, boy did he get the Michael Jackson treatment 'cause I (personally) don't see (or hear) Steve anywhere in him.

But we'll see. :)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Well, no, I wouldn't expect him to look the same as he did in Code Veronica. Generally though, when most people age they are still at least somewhat recognizable. I mean - poor Leon hasn't aged terribly well, but I could still quite easily tell it was him. If this guy indeed turns out to be Steve, boy did he get the Michael Jackson treatment 'cause I (personally) don't see (or hear) Steve anywhere in him.

But we'll see. :)

But the difference between Steve and Leon is that Leon was already an adult when he was first introduced which means that his appearance over the years would not change "to much".

But Steve was only a teenager when he was first revealed which means that he is going from a "teen" to a full blown "adult" that is in his late 20s.

Also, Take a look at Chris as he aged from 25 (RE1) to 35 (RE5)

Notice how drastically a person can change in 10 years.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think that everything points to Alex (unless it's a new character). However, he must be more like an anti-hero (like Ada). Remember that everything related to the immortality virus has vanished. He may have injected a sample on himself and destroyed the whole research or something, meaning the only sample was in his blood. Actually, being a Wesker, he has survived the Wesker virus injection, which may contain any unknown features. I don't think there are any references to his age, and I think it makes sense that he's younger than Albert -- Spencer might have turned to Alex when Albert started to drift away from him.

I think he's too young to be HUNK, and if that's Steve, then he suffered extreme changes... I like to think Steve is dead.

So much speculation... and most probably it's just some new characters (I've always thought Alex was introduced to become a new villian, not a hero).

EDIT: TooCool74, you can see the same facial features in Chris. You can tell it's the same person. He's just much more muscled and his hair is a bit different, but he has the exact same mouth, nose, eyes, eyebrows, face structure, etc.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
But the difference between Steve and Leon is that Leon was already an adult when he was first introduced which means that his appearance over the years would not change "to much".
But Steve was only a teenager when he was first revealed which means that he is going from a "teen" to a full blown "adult" that is in his late 20s.

Also, Take a look at Chris as he aged from 25 (RE1) to 35 (RE5)

Notice how drastically a person can change in 10 years.

I'm sorry honey, I'm not really buying it. I don't find Chris' aging that drastic - yeah he has changed, but I can still quite easily tell it's intended to be the same character. Easily. If this is Steve, I can't recognize a single physical trait or characteristic to be able to make that connection. I'm not saying that people don't age/change drastically because I know it's a possibility, I'm saying that if it was Steve there probably would be a tiny bit of physical resemblance. My problem is that I don't see anything. We're just going to have to agree to disagree in the meantime. :)

I agree 100% with Bruno.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I'm sorry honey, I'm not really buying it. I don't find Chris' aging that drastic - yeah he has changed, but I can still quite easily tell it's intended to be the same character. Easily. If this is Steve, I can't recognize a single physical trait or characteristic to be able to make that connection. We're just going to have to agree to disagree in the meantime. :)

I agree 100% with Bruno.

821500-EQHJRB3.jpg

hmmmmm

I don't see it being completely out of the realm of possibility like you guys are suggesting.

Your making it seem as if there is not a ounce of resemblance between the 2 and I could not disagree more.

Just looked like he aged and shaved his hair in my honest opinion.

Same hair color and everything.

But yea, agree to disagree I suppose.

bruno

Chief Researcher
The clothes at least are similar xD
I think Steve would be better off dead, but you never know...

AgentZero

821500-EQHJRB3.jpg

hmmmmm

I don't see it being completely out of the realm of possibility like you guys are suggesting.

Your making it seem as if there is not a ounce of resemblance between the 2 and I could not disagree more.

Just looked like he aged and shaved his hair in my honest opinion.

Same hair color and everything.

But yea, agree to disagree I suppose.
same hair color, same clothes, same chin, almost same ears...its steve for sure now
Oh and bruno you were describing in Chris every thing in Steve.. jeez he was a kid I see alot of people change from a kid to a grown man, and I'll tell you there is a lot of differences. jeez people come on he just had a shave and got older thats all, most all of his facial features are the same and the reason Chris look a like is because he was all ready 25..its..its Steve

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Personally, I can't stand Steve. My official guess is Sherry Birkin and Alex Wesker because of the hint Capcom gave about the male merc being related to an RE character. Related. If he was Hunk or Steve, I don't think they would have used "related." I also think the woman looks like Sherry, and I'm trusting in IGN, though they could both be fresh faces.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I've been wanting to see Alex Wesker for a long time. I'm still thinking RER is his game, so I might leave him alone for RE6.

Steve is somebody that I hadn't suspected til people mentioned him, but I might give some credit to that one.

I mean comparing pics it doesn't look so different and it sounds close enough, to DSC Steve, not CVX Steve.:)

SteveCVX.jpg

RE6Collage.png

AgentZero

Ashley and Claire confirmed that they have not done any voice acting... so that girls has got to be Sherry
Oh and with the pictures I can find the mys character and Steve have the same hair color, eye color, chin, nose, and almost the same ears..I will let everyone stab me if that is not Steve Burnside

Top Bottom