• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What are your opinions on the two mystery character?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
ty! i'm happy to be here! it's great to have an outlet for resident evil geekery. :)

i guess wesker did say he could be revived... i'm just still not sold on the merc being steve. If i'm wrong i won't be TOO surprised, i just can't really see it. and it's not a matter of whether they look similar or not, i'm just not sure what motive capcom would have for reviving him.

i know steve has fans, and you have some questions you wanted answered, so i don't want you to feel like i'm jabbing at you - but let's be honest, he wasn't the most popular RE character ever. :p Wesker has all these rabid fangirl/boys,and he's dead now. that was a pretty massive decision for them to make in RE5. i don't know if reviving steve would bring all the wesker fanboys to the yard, but i think bringing in alex wesker would. i'm not even a wesker fangirl, but the alex mystery is so intriguing to me - which is why i'm hoping it is alex.

also the fact that claire is not in this game is a huge factor against it being steve to me. sherry and steve in the game without claire? seems mean :p unless she's dead? and that's chris' "trauma"? AHH!

Hey, I don't take it like you're jabbing at me...I'm not even a huge Steve fan...He's cool and all, but he's not near a favoirte...It just seems like a lot of clues point twords it...But we'll just see...Oh, and who's to say Wesker is REALLY dead...I mean...I think he is...But it wouldn't surprise me if Capcom brought him back...

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
Hey, I don't take it like you're jabbing at me...I'm not even a huge Steve fan...He's cool and all, but he's not near a favoirte...It just seems like a lot of clues point twords it...But we'll just see...Oh, and who's to say Wesker is REALLY dead...I mean...I think he is...But it wouldn't surprise me if Capcom brought him back...
We all know that Wesker not being dead is a pretty big possibility. I mean, they could have killed him, but he died in a whimpy way, and after fans have played 5, Capcom can see that.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
We all know that Wesker not being dead is a pretty big possibility. I mean, they could have killed him, but he died in a whimpy way, and after fans have played 5, Capcom can see that.
Frankly...I lied...I do still think he's alive...I'm almost 100% sure of it actually...And I'm also pretty sure he and Alex are gonna meet up in RE6...

theinternat

Queen Internet
Please do not act like a child and throw out immature names like that.

It only hurts the discussion and makes you look inconsiderate.

The thing is that I don't like the word "fact" to be thrown around so lightly. It could cause confusion amongst the more "gullible" fans who may actually consider your ASSUMPTION a fact.

Next time just make sure you word things properly and this situation won't come up again I assure you.

hey i didn't mean to insult you, i just meant "butthurt" as "don't get upset". i had no intention of you believing i called you a name. sorry about that. :)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
THANK YOU! But then this provokes a reoccurring question; Who is Alex Wesker?

All we know is

1.He is the older than Albert Wesker (this was stated in the files)
2.He should have the same super human powers and physical side effect (red eyes) as Albert since he also took the Prototype Virus.
3.He is a natural genius who eventually found the secret to immortality.
4.He betrayed Spencer and escaped with it and and his whereabouts are "unknown"

We know SOME things about him.

Its not like he is a COMPLETE mystery lol.

I would dare to say that we know just as much about him as we do HUNK.

The only difference being we have SEEN HUNK but not Alex.

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
All we know is

2.He should have the same super human powers and physical side effect (red eyes) as Albert since he also took the Prototype Virus.

We know SOME things about him.

Its not like he is a COMPLETE mystery lol.

I would dare to say that we know just as much about him as we do HUNK.

The only difference being we have SEEN HUNK but not Alex.
Did it say Alex was a "he"? Just asking. I think it's a female. And "she" might be the main antagonist in Resident Evil 6. When Chris referred to a certain "b*tch".

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Did it say Alex was a "he"? Just asking. I think it's a female. And "she" might be the main antagonist in Resident Evil 6. When Chris referred to a certain "b*tch".

Yes it does in the "original" japanese translation refer to him as a "he".

It was not until it was released over here and there where alterations made that they left the gender ambiguous.

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
Yes it does in the "original" japanese translation refer to him as a "he".

It was not until it was released over here and there where alterations made that they left the gender ambiguous.
Thanks for that mate. But now we know that there's less of a chance of Alex being in 6. ( ._.)

bruno

Chief Researcher
All we know is

1. We know Alex is subject n. 12 and Albert is subject n.13. However, we don't know what these numbers are referring to. If they are listed according to the virus administration order, then it would be natural that, even if Alex were younger than Albert, he would recieve the injection first. He was a researcher while Wesker was in the information department, and drifting away from Umbrella.
2. The virus may have different effects depending on the subject. The effects of the virus might be more pronounced in some characters than in others, or they might even be completely different.
4. We don't know if Alex betrayed Spencer or even if he escaped (he might bee dead). All we know is that he disappeared with the research, which doesn't mean he stole it. There might be a 3rd party involved in these events.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
1. We know Alex is subject n. 12 and Albert is subject n.13. However, we don't know what these numbers are referring to. If they are listed according to the virus administration order, then it would be natural that, even if Alex were younger than Albert, he would recieve the injection first. He was a researcher while Wesker was in the information department, and drifting away from Umbrella.
2. The virus may have different effects depending on the subject. The effects of the virus might be more pronounced in some characters than in others, or they might even be completely different.
4. We don't know if Alex betrayed Spencer or even if he escaped (he might bee dead). All we know is that he disappeared with the research, which doesn't mean he stole it. There might be a 3rd party involved in these events.

1.I may have been wrong in assuming that he is older so that is my bad.

2.Your merely making a assumption here. the FACT is that these are the known characteristics of the Prototype Virus.
Just read here
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Prototype_virus
So going off of what we have seen from Albert its more than sufficient evidence to deduce that the virus should have had the same effect on Alex. to say otherwise is pure conjecture on your part.

3.It was confirmed that he DID betray Spencer.

Just read here
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Project_W

This was also said in the actual files inside the game so please none of that "its wiki" crap.

bruno

Chief Researcher
1.I may have been wrong in assuming that he is older so that is my bad.

2.Your merely making a assumption here. the FACT is that these are the known characteristics of the Prototype Virus.
Just read here
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Prototype_virus
So going off of what we have seen from Albert its more than sufficient evidence to deduce that the virus should have had the same effect on Alex. to say otherwise is pure conjecture on your part.

3.It was confirmed that he DID betray Spencer.

Just read here
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Project_W

This was also said in the actual files inside the game so please none of that "its wiki" crap.

2. The infection may have different characteristics depending on the infectant. I mean, he might not become as fast as Albert, or not as strong, or the opposite (stronger/faster), or show some other effects not seen in Albert. Even if it's in a file by Umbrella, this kind of research is always unpredictable even to the scientists becasue it was a virus that wasn't tested on enough people (if any) to show acceptable results . However, I do think Alex will show most of the characteristics seen in Albert, if he makes an appearence.

3. Don't forget those were Spencer's Memoirs. Of course that, once the research disappeared, the first thing that crossed his mind was that Alex had betrayed him. However, Spencer does not know what happened there.

Night@ookami

The Hunting Deity
Soooo... who's gonna get dragons dogma (or what ever the games name is) to get their hands on that RE:6 demo? I know I won't, I'm broke :D

Steve is an awsome character but I really don't think he looks like him or Albert. I think it may be Alex or a new Chracter altogether. (Though I was hoping it was a female >_> oh well.)

Can't blame people for speculating Alex and bringing him up alot since he is the next big thing. After all when it takes literally years to get answers all people can do is talk about him. Im saying this because ealier someone in this topic said something about not liking him because there was too much hype around him or something.

Whoever this guy is I really like his attitude.

But yeah, I think Steve is gonna make a comeback, (Or at least he should.) just not as this guy. And Hunk also looks nothing like this guy to me.

Edit: And oh yeah, the eye thing. In UC and DC Wesker's eyes were blue after the infection. So iness Capcom screwed up, (Which is VERY likely.) then Wesker's eyes can change back into blue with round pupils for some reason maybe it's a cycle or a mood thing. Also, since Albert and Alex may not be blood related their bodies may react differently. Hell, even if they were related. For all we know Alex may have a different side effect.

Top Bottom