• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What are your opinions on the two mystery character?

Tyshi

Resident Evil code veronica was set 6 months after RE2 which was set in 1998.

RE6 is confirmed to be taking place in 2013.

That leaves us with 15 years for Steve to become a Mercenary which is PLENTY of time.

And as to the question as to how Steve would escape,

at the time Wesker was working for a different organizatin.

For all we know, Wesker simply let the organization keep Steve after he got what he wanted from him.

He definitely seems like the type to leave a person high and dry after he gets what he wants.

For all we know Steve could have been revived and escaped AFTER Wesker had left the organization in question.

And the whole him being HUNK seems so unlikely to me.

That guy doesn't look like HUNK in the slightest.

Different hair color and face structure altogether...

And it has been 15 years which means that HUNK (who is likely around the age of Chris) would be nearing 40.

But this guy looks to be in his late 20s or early 30s.

any speculation on wether he looks like HUNK or not is at this point exactly that, mere speculation. Though this mysertious new person I would agree he appears to be in his mid 30's but on that note we have never once been told how old HUNK really is, so theres no way we can assume his age or how he would look for it as such due to that. Facial structure matches up better than steves in my opinion, but I do see some resemblence. My main qualm still is the Wesker issue. Wesker would never just leave a resource around for anyone else to use, all in all knowing how Albert opperates he probably took the sample that is mentioned in Darkside Chronicles, and either kept steves body somewhere for safe keeping, or promptly diposed of it.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
. Facial structure matches up better than steves in my opinion.

This part of your post really caught my attention.

I know its your opinion and all but I must say that I think your honestly grasping at straws desperately here for the obvious reason that you prefer the idea of him being HUNK over Steve.

From a logical standpoint its obvious who has the most resemblance here with the new character.

Just look here.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/585/waitwhat.jpg

Same eye color

Same chin

Same Hair Color

Same nose

And same Face shape.

Now please post me a comparison pic of HUNK and this new character because from the very few pics I have seen of HUNK he looks NOTHING like this new guy. No matter how you try to spin it or bring up how its only speculation fact is that the eyes do not lie when comparing the 2 with this new character.

I think its pretty obvious who looks more like this new character.

And the whole age thing isn't just unfounded speculation.

Judging by HUNK's experiance during RE2 and not to mention his voice its obvious that he isn't just some young punk at that time which leads me to believe that he would have to be around Chris's age or possibly even older. we know that Steve was around 16 for a fact during that time period so do you honestly think that HUNK is slightly older than Steve judging by his behavior and expertease? Also the pic of him during the events of RE2 lends a lot of credibility to him being at least in his mid twenties during that time period judging by he mature look and appearance while on that helicopter.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
This part of your post really caught my attention.

I know its your opinion and all but I must say that I think your honestly grasping at straws desperately here for the obvious reason that you prefer the idea of him being HUNK over Steve.

From a logical standpoint its obvious who has the most resemblance here with the new character.

Just look here.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/585/waitwhat.jpg

Same eye color

Same chin

Same Hair Color

Same nose

And same Face shape.

Now please post me a comparison pic of HUNK and this new character because from the very few pics I have seen of HUNK he looks NOTHING like this new guy. No matter how you try to spin it or bring up how its only speculation fact is that the eyes do not lie when comparing the 2 with this new character.

I think its pretty obvious who looks more like this new character.

And the whole age thing is just unfounded speculation.

Judging by HUNK's experiance during RE2 and not to mention his voice its obvious that he isn't just some young punk at that time which leads me to believe that he would have to be around Chris's age or possibly even older. we know that Steve was around 16 for a fact during that time period so do you honestly think that HUNK is slightly older than Steve judging by his behavior and expertease? Also the pic of him during the events of RE2 lends a lot of credibility to him being at least in his mid twenties during that time period judging by he mature look and appearance while on that helicopter.

Just to add, didn't Wesker and HUNK go through training on Rockfort island at the same time...and we all roughly know Wesker's age, if not his age exactly...So woulndn't HUNK be close to Wesker's age if the went through the training at the same time...making HUNK way to old to be the mystery character...

Muuds

Always have the reason
The mercenary could be Steve B. because he was the only one who could withstand the T- Veronica virus (besides manuela) and so his blood is important and as in previous comments say, they share almost the same facial features, hair color, clothing style and both don`t miss the chance to say a lot of jokes even they are in extreme situations and his partner could be Sherry or Ashley as she has a similar voice and the game plot has the president being close friends with Leon.

Another factor that I consider important is that Chris is angry with a woman because of the many lives lost and he wants revenge against her, this woman could be Alexia because with her blood still in existence she could return and i also want to Alex make his appearance in the series.

theinternat

Queen Internet
ashley and steve? really?! Why on earth would Capcom bring back the two most weinery characters in RE history...

you know who the merc REALLY looks and acts like? WESKER. it's gotta be Alex Wesker. Watch some videos of Wesker fighting in the Merceneries mini game, then watch the trailer again. Their fighting style is almost identical. Also, Alex injects himself with something to keep him stable, just like Albert had to.

Ashley as the blonde girl? more likely than steve as the merc, but still, if it is - capcom has made a huge mistake. ashley is the FORMER president's daughter (not the one that leon is shooting in the trailer), and she did nothing in RE4 but squeal for help and cry. sure, sherry did the same, but Ashley has no ties to anything important now. sherry is the daughter of two brilliant (albeit crazy) scientists - her father invented the g-virus. clearly she's important and her story needs to be told. maybe she's trying to make things right after what her parents did?

there are many plot holes in resident evil's history, but two of the biggest questions among fans for YEARS have been:

where/who is alex wesker?
where is sherry birkin?

think about how much more SENSE it makes for them to be alex and sherry. by revealing them, not only are they tying up lose ends left from previous games, but potentially opening new windows for future games. steve and ashley simply don't add up.

imo it's either alex and sherry, or they're two totally new characters. haha.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
ashley and steve? really?! Why on earth would Capcom bring back the two most weinery characters in RE history...

you know who the merc REALLY looks and acts like? WESKER. it's gotta be Alex Wesker. Watch some videos of Wesker fighting in the Merceneries mini game, then watch the trailer again. Their fighting style is almost identical. Also, Alex injects himself with something to keep him stable, just like Albert had to.

Ashley as the blonde girl? more likely than steve as the merc, but still, if it is - capcom has made a huge mistake. ashley is the FORMER president's daughter (not the one that leon is shooting in the trailer), and she did nothing in RE4 but squeal for help and cry. sure, sherry did the same, but Ashley has no ties to anything important now. sherry is the daughter of two brilliant (albeit crazy) scientists - her father invented the g-virus. clearly she's important and her story needs to be told. maybe she's trying to make things right after what her parents did?

there are many plot holes in resident evil's history, but two of the biggest questions among fans for YEARS have been:

where is sherry birkin?

think about how much more SENSE it makes for them to be alex and sherry. by revealing them, not only are they tying up lose ends left from previous games, but potentially opening new windows for future games. steve and ashley simply don't add up.

Ok

1. Post me a comparison pic of Wesker and this new guy and than tell me if they really do look alike (which I don't think so).

and

2.Explain to me why this guy does not have the same superhuman powers as Albert Wesker? If this guy was indeed Alex Wesker he would be able to teleport and super punch concrete walls to oblivion. And yet that new guy did not show us any superhuman abilities. Sure he is highly skilled but that does not make his moves superhuman by any means.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

where is sherry birkin?

Of course RE has plot holes...That's how the story survives dude...That's what makes RE's story so much better than every other video game out there...We are still learning things that clues were left about in RE1...I mean...Plot holes are essential...

theinternat

Queen Internet
they don't look identical, but they have some similar characteristics. they look like they could be brothers. albert had completely exploited his super human abilities, maybe alex hasn't? maybe he's not a crazy tyrant like his brother? :p i don't know, it just seems more likely to me that he'd be alex than steve.

and yes,i love RE's plot holes, i'm just excited to see them potentially filled. i've been a huge RE fan for a long time! i think RE6 might be trying to do that :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
they don't look identical, but they have some similar characteristics. they look like they could be brothers. albert had completely exploited his super human abilities, maybe alex hasn't? maybe he's not a crazy tyrant like his brother? :p i don't know, it just seems more likely to me that he'd be alex than steve.

and yes,i love RE's plot holes, i'm just excited to see them potentially filled. i've been a huge RE fan for a long time! i think RE6 might be trying to do that :)
While I like the way you think, you've mad a mistake in your thinking...You said "Who is Alex Wesker" has been a mystery to us for years...However, what happened to Steve has been plaugeing us RE fans for even longer, and it's a much greater mystery in my opinion because we have less to go off of...It's just as big a plot hole as the Alex Wesker issue...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Maybe but, in regards to the age of the characters, Alex came before Albert in the Wesker-children experiment/testing, meaning that he would be around the same age or older than Albert, who was forty five during the first Resident Evil, making him in his fifties during this game. Since Alex would be older, I'm sure this young buck of a mercenary isn't Alex Wesker. HUNK could also be ruled out seeing as how he appeared to be in his thirties in his character-epilogue in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, though his age hasn't actually been confirmed.

theinternat

Queen Internet
Maybe but, in regards to the age of the characters, Alex came before Albert in the Wesker-children experiment/testing, meaning that he would be around the same age or older than Albert, who was forty five during the first Resident Evil, making him in his fifties during this game. Since Alex would be older, I'm sure this young buck of a mercenary isn't Alex Wesker. HUNK could also be ruled out seeing as how he appeared to be in his thirties in his character-epilogue in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, though his age hasn't actually been confirmed.

ahh this was a pretty vital factor i overlooked lol. i thought i remember reading something about alex looking for something that made him "immortal" though? maybe that could explain his youth?

While I like the way you think, you've mad a mistake in your thinking...You said "Who is Alex Wesker" has been a mystery to us for years...However, what happened to Steve has been plaugeing us RE fans for even longer, and it's a much greater mystery in my opinion because we have less to go off of...It's just as big a plot hole as the Alex Wesker issue...

hmm, see i thought steve's story was pretty much resolved with him dying and such, but i guess the off comment about him having "special blood" could bring him back into 6. i wasn't the biggest fan of steve so maybe i just kinda left him out of the picture. we'll see :)

i can't wait until capcom comfirms everything, but until then - hearing everyone's ideas on this issue is pretty fun. :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
ahh this was a pretty vital factor i overlooked lol. i thought i remember reading something about alex looking for something that made him "immortal" though? maybe that could explain his youth?

hmm, see i thought steve's story was pretty much resolved with him dying and such, but i guess the off comment about him having "special blood" could bring him back into 6. i wasn't the biggest fan of steve so maybe i just kinda left him out of the picture. we'll see :)

i can't wait until capcom comfirms everything, but until then - hearing everyone's ideas on this issue is pretty fun. :)
I'm glad you see it as fun debate and not hateful arguing...You're gonna fit in around here just fine my friend...

Now...I have to bring up something else lol...When we say that it could be Steve, it's not even really about his blood so much as it is Wesker saying he may be able to revive him...

theinternat

Queen Internet
I'm glad you see it as fun debate and not hateful arguing...You're gonna fit in around here just fine my friend...

Now...I have to bring up something else lol...When we say that it could be Steve, it's not even really about his blood so much as it is Wesker saying he may be able to revive him...

ty! i'm happy to be here! it's great to have an outlet for resident evil geekery. :)

i guess wesker did say he could be revived... i'm just still not sold on the merc being steve. If i'm wrong i won't be TOO surprised, i just can't really see it. and it's not a matter of whether they look similar or not, i'm just not sure what motive capcom would have for reviving him.

i know steve has fans, and you have some questions you wanted answered, so i don't want you to feel like i'm jabbing at you - but let's be honest, he wasn't the most popular RE character ever. :p Wesker has all these rabid fangirl/boys,and he's dead now. that was a pretty massive decision for them to make in RE5. i don't know if reviving steve would bring all the wesker fanboys to the yard, but i think bringing in alex wesker would. i'm not even a wesker fangirl, but the alex mystery is so intriguing to me - which is why i'm hoping it is alex.

also the fact that claire is not in this game is a huge factor against it being steve to me. sherry and steve in the game without claire? seems mean :p unless she's dead? and that's chris' "trauma"? AHH!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
also the fact that claire is not in this game is a huge factor against it being steve to me. sherry and steve in the game without claire? seems mean :p unless she's dead? and that's chris' "trauma"? AHH!

Its really to early at this point to say claire is not in the game.

We have only had 1 trailer and around 3 interviews but none of those have confirmed that Claire is not in the story.

theinternat

Queen Internet
Its really to early at this point to say claire is not in the game.

We have only had 1 trailer and around 3 interviews but none of those have confirmed that Claire is not in the story.

but apparently the game is about 50% complete and claire's voice actress hasn't been contacted :S unless they canned alyson court, but i can't really see that after all this time...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
but apparently the game is about 50% complete and claire's voice actress hasn't been contacted :S unless they canned alyson court, but i can't really see that after all this time...
50% complete really does not prove anything.

Sure if it was 80% complete or even 90% complete it would be a big deal and lend more credibility to the possibility that she may not be in the game.

But 50% still leaves them plenty of room to add her to the game (if she hasn't been added already).

Its still to early at this point to be jumping to conclusions.

Like I said, we only have 1 trailer and 2 or 3 interviews.

ALOT about this game has not been revealed so far since it was only shown a little over a month ago.

So lets not jump the gun and make bold statements like Claire (or any living RE character) is definitely not in the game.

You do not know this, so please do not say it is a FACT.

theinternat

Queen Internet
50% complete really does not prove anything.

Sure if it was 80% complete or even 90% complete it would be a big deal and lend more credibility to the possibility that she may not be in the game.

But 50% still leaves them plenty of room to add her to the game (if she hasn't been added already).

Its still to early at this point to be jumping to conclusions.

Like I said, we only have 1 trailer and 2 or 3 interviews.

ALOT about this game has not been revealed so far since it was only shown a little over a month ago.

So lets not jump the gun and make bold statements like Claire (or any living RE character) is definitely not in the game.

You do not know this, so please do not say it is a FACT.

i wouldn't get butthurt about it dude. it's not like anyone is using me as a credible source in deciding what's going to be in the game or not, lol. . i worded it wrong, i didn't really mean to say "fact". i guess "assume" would have been the better choice. sorry about that

ToCool74

Veteran Member
i wouldn't get butthurt about it dude

Please do not act like a child and throw out immature names like that.

It only hurts the discussion and makes you look inconsiderate.

The thing is that I don't like the word "fact" to be thrown around so lightly. It could cause confusion amongst the more "gullible" fans who may actually consider your ASSUMPTION a fact.

Next time just make sure you word things properly and this situation won't come up again I assure you.

Top Bottom