• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I've been thinking of picking up the Blu-Ray collection, almost exclusively for Raiders. (Although I love all three of them. Raiders is just one of my all time favorite movies). I'm glad to hear them get such high praise.

The Blu-rays are region free, so if you can import a European set cheaper and don't mind waiting, do it.
I got mine from Italy for $35 CAD and free shipping. It's all in English anyway

KevinStriker

Today is Easter (Canada says Monday is too), and though I don't put much stock in religion myself, it's as good as any excuse to watch Martin Scorsese's The Last Temptation of Christ. And while admittedly drawn to the film for the controversy it created in conservative Christian circles at the time of release, I left with one of my favourite movies of all time (it's in the Top 40).
A fantastic epic film which serves to tell the story of Jesus in a very human light as he struggles with human flaws, and to come to grips with his divinity and God's ultimate plan for him. Wonderful performances from Willem Dafoe as an angst-ridden Jesus, Harvey Keitel as a very sympathetic Judas, and David Bowie as Pontius Pilate. Last but not least, a masterpiece of a film score from Peter Gabriel, which would later be expanded into his eighth studio album Passion.

ad7umk2.jpg

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I’ve been having a field day on this guy’s YouTube channel dedicated to stories about strange and disturbing murder cases. The story about Adam Matos murdering his ex-girlfriend and her entire family has haunted me all day though. It’s such a disgusting and disturbing story and happened not too long ago here in Florida.

Also watched the Reelz documentary JFK: The Smoking Gun and I found it to be the most plausible explanation of the events that day. There is no denying that JFK was hit by two different types of bullets. This documentary’s explanation of it being one of the secret service members who “accidentally” shot him makes the most sense as there was a lot of coverup that went on with information that wasn’t released until years after. I still find it hard to believe that it was an accident but that we may never truly know.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Watching the Extended Cut of The Town. I think this is hands down Ben Affleck's best movie. Not necessarily his best-directed film, but the best film he's starred in. Everyone turns in an A performance here. Even Blake Lively, who everyone is convinced can't act for squat, is decent. I especially loved Jon Hamm's character, he absolutely nails the hot-headed FBI agent. This movie held my interest from start to finish with some nice twists and turns along the way and great shootout scenes to boot.

If you like crime/heist movies, then this is a must watch.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hi Score Girl season 2 was just amazing! T-T
So glad it was able to maintain the strengths that made season one such a blast. Yagushi’s character development, the emotional beats, the animation, and the romance have all been improved on an already great anime. I’m so happy! I love it when a romance anime can take the characters slow enough for you to really digest and appreciate their relationships and feelings. Season 2 was worth the wait.

Watching the Extended Cut of The Town. I think this is hands down Ben Affleck's best movie. Not necessarily his best-directed film, but the best film he's starred in. Everyone turns in an A performance here. Even Blake Lively, who everyone is convinced can't act for squat, is decent. I especially loved Jon Hamm's character, he absolutely nails the hot-headed FBI agent. This movie held my interest from start to finish with some nice twists and turns along the way and great shootout scenes to boot.

If you like crime/heist movies, then this is a must watch.
I actually just saw this for the first time like, 3 months ago, and f*cking LOVED it. I couldn't believe I'd missed this somehow with my love of crime movies. Then my homie who's a huge fan of both Ben Affleck and the original book told me how the endings are....wildly different. And lemme tell ya, considering how the book ends, I'm glad we got what we got in this movie lol

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Going through Brooklyn 99 again. Me and the Mrs. each have our favorite characters (Mine = Holt, Hers = Boyle) and we just laugh despite knowing the jokes.

I mean, we have watched The Office probably 16 times in its entirety, so why not watch Brooklyn a second time. lol

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
A Wind Named Amnesia - 7/10

What a strange movie...Not in a bad way, just in a "this movie changes tones a lot, and is jarring, but also interesting enough to keep watching" kind of way. It almost seems like they didn't know what kinda sci-fi movie they wanted to make, so they just threw in a little bit of every Genre. You get the perfect automated city. You get Mad Max style post apocalyptica, Robots, man-made futuristic religion, Children of Atom style, and even a couple others that I don't wanna say for spoiler purposes.

The questions raised and concepts proposed in this anime were actually REALLY cool, thought provoking, and for the most part done well. Its about memory loss, and I've *always* hated how in movies and TV shows when people have memory loss they still like remember how to speak. Or use basic utensils. It's like only the memories of their past are gone. But no...If you lose your memory EVERYTHING should go. You shouldn't know how to talk to tell people you lost your memory. And this anime ACTUALLY does that. People are basically just walking babies. It actually gets memory loss right. That said...I don't like how humans are basically feral. Losing our memories wouldn't cause us to regress evolutionary wise. So the idea that the humans hadn't come up with a NEW language, bothered me.

All in all I really liked the film. Good watch for a random pick.

KevinStriker

Watched AKIRA on Blu-ray. Again. Because it's phenomenal. Jesus tapdancing Christ, that animation and sound design (specifically the Japanese audio track) still blows my socks off since I first bought it. Especially with the way all the light is animated, it blows my mind this kind of imagery could be pulled off in traditional cel animation.

c_preview.php

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Watched The Mist for the first time in years on Blu-Ray yesterday. Really loved the gritty atmosphere and the tension building up to the creatures invasion. The ending shot towards the end of the movie with the alien kaiju gave me strong Cthulhu vibes.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Dan Cummins: Get Out of Here Devil - 8/10
One of my favorite comedians released his newest special last night. And it was a blast. Long form, angry, rant-y jokes. It's like his comedy is made for me lol. Can't really give it a proper review since that would take away lots of the effect of the jokes. But if you wanna laugh, get a group of friends together and watch it. It's hilarious.

Watched AKIRA on Blu-ray. Again. Because it's phenomenal. Jesus tapdancing Christ, that animation and sound design (specifically the Japanese audio track) still blows my socks off since I first bought it. Especially with the way all the light is animated, it blows my min
d this kind of imagery could be pulled off in traditional cel animation.

c_preview.php
This movie is a masterpiece, a classic, and a shining example of why I'll always take cel animation over modern animation.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Watched Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge after getting my pre-ordered copy in the mail yesterday. I pre-ordered it mainly for the gore and fatalities (true Mortal Kombat at last), but the story held my interest just enough to keep me entertained when limbs weren't flying. There was just enough of a balance between development and screentime for each of the characters and fight scenes and when they're on, they do not disappoint. The choreography and, perhaps most importantly, the fatalities are excellent.

Say what you will about the 1995 movie and/or its sh!tty sequel (calling it sh!tty is a bit of an understatement), this is the way Mortal Kombat is and was always supposed to be. Here's hoping they at least do a half-decent job with the live-action reboot, can't wait to see them gory fatalities in live-action that we should've gotten in '95 (though I understand why they thought it was too much of a financial liability at the time).

1995umk3

I just watched MK 1995 / 1997... after a break. Alot of people hate the second one... I like them both, well maybe I'm more into the sound fx then anything. ASMR?

The acting in the first 1 is like RE1996.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I didn't hate MK: Annihilation. I get why people dislike it. It is cheesy and the quality compared to the first one is real bad, but I think the over the topness is kind of fun. It is ridiculous, but it is a lot of fun too.

1995umk3

War Of The Worlds 1953

UniqTeas: I don't like it because im a MK fan... I like it because it continued from the first one where it left off. It has a great story that people should understand more.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
@KennedyKiller I love Army of Darkness but I think you probably knew that. That being said, Evil Dead 2 is my fave, even though I did manage to find a bootleg copy of Within the Woods (Rami's original short) and it's awesome. It had more of the same feel as the Evil Dead 2013 reboot.

I've been watching The Strain and Naked and Afraid.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I never watched the Strain, because I read the book series and it has the worst ending of any series I have ever read.

The Strain is a great book with so many interesting ideas. It's like a 9.
The Fall is a pretty good book that expands on the original book. It's like an 8.
The Night Eternal has good moments, but increasingly gets worse as it goes. There is no point to it by the end. It's like a 4.

Hope the show is good though!

Top Bottom