• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Just watched The VVitch and now every light in the house is on.

Really great horror movie with some creepy and disturbing moments. Robert Eggers is climbing the ranks for me as a director. I think he and Ari Aster have figured out that the scariest people coming after you are naked ones.
Just looked the film up...these seems right up my alley. Thanks for the update on dope @$$ horror flicks!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Agreed, Hereditary is definitely a horror classic. It’s up there with The Shining. Midsommar was good, it’s full of unsettling and disturbing moments but I like Hereditary more.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
The VVitch is one hell of a feature film debut, too. And to hit it out of the park again with The Lighthouse right after...

Anyway, what I watched was not a scary movie. I was reminded that it existed the other day by an acquaintance and so I watched The Cat Returns, being all cooped up inside. Still an adorable movie, doesn't so much re-invent the wheel so much as it succeeds in being a very, very charming story. About cute cats. I like cats. And it's also a loose sequel to Whisper of the Heart, some consider one of the stories that Shizuku in that film wrote about The Baron. But even if you go in cold and don't see all the connections to Whisper, it's still very enjoyable. It's also short, 75 minutes. So if you don't love it like I did, you're not out of much time.

thecatreturns.jpg

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Did somebody say Lighthouse?

tumblr_pvvsdnJRtr1ty8mi0o2_500.gifv

Hell yes. After Parasite, that was my easily my favorite movie of last year. Very surreal yet beautiful, with just the kind of cinematic structure that hits all the right boxes. I enjoyed every single minute of it.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Just watched the unrated cut of The Wolverine last night (just got it in the mail). It's a better movie overall than the theatrical with more graphic violence (should be expected from a guy with knives on his hands), a whole new fight scene and a little more story, but don't go in expecting Logan levels of brutality.

Currently watching The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Americanized version), great movie. Loved the chemistry between Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara and the dark, brooding story with good action scenes to boot. Sony makes a lot of crap, but they've done some damn good films, too (they also made The Raid 1 and 2, which I own on Blu-Ray).

KevinStriker

Currently watching The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Americanized version), great movie. Loved the chemistry between Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara and the dark, brooding story with good action scenes to boot. Sony makes a lot of crap, but they've done some damn good films, too (they also made The Raid 1 and 2, which I own on Blu-Ray).

What I like and absolutely appreciate about David Fincher's remake of Dragon Tattoo is that it sticks closer to the novel in some respects, like Daniel Craig more resembling the Mikael of the novel in appearance, or Rooney Mara's Lisbeth has more of an air of social awkwardness that I didn't see in the 2009 film. The 2011 film also places them both on more equal ground, whereas the 2009 version gives Lisbeth some of Mikael's big revelations, making Mikael being this great investigative mind more an informed attribute, rather than letting the audience see him put the pieces together like the 2011 film.
And this is a nitpick, but 2009's lighting and shots are very flat, you definitely see Fincher's film's budget onscreen.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Captain Marvel - gonna make the kids write a report on it afterwards. Because homeschooling has to involve movies, right?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Watching Hannibal. No, not the movie, the TV series. Just got my complete series Blu Ray in the mail the other day and currently on S1E3. Such an epic show on so many levels. Love the relationship between Will and Lecter throughout the series and Laurence Fishburne is great, as usual. I love that they're playing the "surprise killer" angle at the beginning of the show like a big unraveling mystery, yet we all know who Hobbs' accomplice is right from the get go. And they do a fairly good job of building up to the big reveal in spite of this. I also love Lecter uses Graham's own empathy for psychopaths against him, pushing him to become a crazed killer like he is all throughout the first season, and how he's constantly pulling strings to avoid detection throughout the entirety of the series.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Watched the movie Lion and what a great film. It has such a moving and humbling story.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I finally got around to watching 1917, great movie that's worthy of all the praise. Great characters, story and battle scenes without being overly long (it's just under 2 hours) and some nice visuals, too.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Started watching The Flash since we enjoyed Arrow so much. Still haven't finished Arrow, but it was good to start a new superhero show and get some more wacky stories with it. I like the guy who plays Barry Allen, so the show is just enjoyable for now.

Have NOT watched the Tiger King documentary - but I have seen so many memes, I am sure I can extrapolate exactly what happened. haha.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Serenity. Never watched an episode of Firefly a day in my life, but this movie is damn good. About as good as I remember when I rented it from Blockbuster back when those were still a thing. It's a shame it flew under the radar, this movie deserved much more success at the BO than it had. The visual effects look a bit dated for its time, but it still holds up damn good. Really likable characters with good action, story and pacing.

KevinStriker

Rewatched the Indiana Jones trilogy on Blu-ray this afternoon after not watching them for years, and in a cool six hours.
These movies are gorgeous on Blu-ray. Huge upgrade from what I remember on DVD.

I love all three of these movies. Raiders is a bonafide classic and a masterclass in action, but I have a lot of admiration for The Temple of Doom for what it did different and being so willing to take a risk instead of using all the same beats as Raiders. And by the time they do that in Crusade, it's been long enough since the first that playing it safe was the smart thing to do.

slnWgOT.png

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Currently watching the Netflix movie "Dragon Quest" Your Story." And so far it's a fun, cheesy, video game-y romp. I'd expect nothing less.

Army Of Darkness (1992)
Yeeeah, that's what I'm talking about. Easily one of my favorite films ever made. It may be dumb to say, but I wouldn't ever date a person who isn't at least willing to give this movie a shot XD. Their reaction to it says quite a bit about their personality, and more importantly sense of humor lol.

Serenity. Never watched an episode of Firefly a day in my life, but this movie is damn good. About as good as I remember when I rented it from Blockbuster back when those were still a thing. It's a shame it flew under the radar, this movie deserved much more success at the BO than it had. The visual effects look a bit dated for its time, but it still holds up damn good. Really likable characters with good action, story and pacing.
God damn dude! Serenity is amazing, but you GOTTA see Firefly! It's only like 12 episodes. Get on it man!

Rewatched the Indiana Jones trilogy on Blu-ray this afternoon after not watching them for years, and in a cool six hours.
These movies are gorgeous on Blu-ray. Huge upgrade from what I remember on DVD.

I love all three of these movies. Raiders is a bonafide classic and a masterclass in action, but I have a lot of admiration for The Temple of Doom for what it did different and being so willing to take a risk instead of using all the same beats as Raiders. And by the time they do that in Crusade, it's been long enough since the first that playing it safe was the smart thing to do.

slnWgOT.png
I've been thinking of picking up the Blu-Ray collection, almost exclusively for Raiders. (Although I love all three of them. Raiders is just one of my all time favorite movies). I'm glad to hear them get such high praise.

Top Bottom