• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just watched The Shape of Water. The movie where

Sally Hawkins f*cks a fish man

Yes, that movie. Disturbing concept aside, though, it was a pretty good movie. Guillermo del Toro is a creative genius as we all very much know (I'm still bitter about him not getting to direct Silent Hills with Hideo Kojima), there was never a dull moment in the film. Topped with some compelling characters and acting to boot. Everything works.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I just saw Unsane. It was a pretty cool psychological horror film. I loved the score and the fact it was apparently shot with an iPhone 7. It looked fantastic, in my opinion.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Return of The Living Dead still feels like a cult zombie flick for me.
The twist on the zombie virus, the punk soundtrack, the Dan O'Bannon penned script and direction. Released in 1985 and still a unique movie in the whole 'Zombiesphere'.

51wwLOy3tdL.jpg

BioLence

Return of The Living Dead still feels like a cult zombie flick for me.
The twist on the zombie virus, the punk soundtrack, the Dan O'Bannon penned script and direction. Released in 1985 and still a unique movie in the whole 'Zombiesphere'.

51wwLOy3tdL.jpg

Trioxin 245 is some scary a$$ chet. I wish someone made a game around this, if it was well done that is.

Also, when you look at the environments and the overall tone of this movie, it screaming RE3!.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I saw Ready Player One yesterday. I honestly can't tell you how it stacks up compared to the book as I haven't read it (yeah, shoot me), but wow, the movie was amazing, I loved every minute of it. Fan service was through the roof. Seeing all these iconic characters from all these different franchises in a perfectly-paced and told story was something to behold. I marked out for

MechaGodzilla

But yeah, whether you've read the book or not, I highly recommend you go see it now.

Last edited:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I just finished season 1 of Voltron: Legendary Defender. I'm loving it so far. Probably my new favorite series

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just got back from A Quiet Place. Very good film. The tension and build-up was top notch. It looked and felt like an early M. Night film, back when he actually knew how to direct/write, I felt a lot of nods to Signs in this movie. And Emily Blunt is an amazing actress. Even in this film where she doesn't do a lot of speaking (for obvious reasons), her presence and emotion is felt.

Go see it now if you haven't already.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Season 6 of Arrow is such a mixed bag right now, it's like good and bad episodes are taking turns. The one with the two teams fighting each other kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time, but the one that followed was pretty meh, the creators obviously couldn't decide if they wanted to make it about Laurel or Roy, and damn, has Roy gotten fat! The next episode was good again, giving Thea a really nice send-off, just to be followed by an episode of Arrow and Brrow fighting like little boys (again), the only good part about that was Felicity putting them through a verbal meat grinder. But hey, at least that means the next episode is going to be good again, right?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just watched Molly's Game. Pretty good movie, it was an interesting take on how her tragic poker game story unfolded, though they could've cast somebody who looks more like the real Molly Bloom (even though Jessica Chastain is a good actress).

Megan Fox?

Molly's_Game_(livro).jpg
rs_634x999-150924123429-634-megan-fox-beauty-092415.jpg

JK

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I found Black Books, the British sitcom from the early 2000s, on Hulu. And wow, I found it very funny :p Its pretty great

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm kinda in a quandary. I hear the Netflix original horror film, Veronica is batshyt scary, and genuinely scary films are a rarity these days. However, it should be worth noting that it's a foreign film and I don't like having to constantly read subtitles the whole movie. Sorry, I don't, if I wanted to sit there and read, I'd just pop open a book or graphic novel.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I'm kinda in a quandary. I hear the Netflix original horror film, Veronica is batshyt scary, and genuinely scary films are a rarity these days. However, it should be worth noting that it's a foreign film and I don't like having to constantly read subtitles the whole movie. Sorry, I don't, if I wanted to sit there and read, I'd just pop open a book or graphic novel.

How I feel about the sub vs dub argument in anime. If I wanted to read, I'd find the manga.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
It gets to a point where I forget I’m reading subtitles if the movie is that good- that probably sounds strange but it’s true. Most of the lines are simplified for the subtitles anyway, kind of like one big elaborate comic book. Plus horror movies are horror movies; where the characters emotions are just as important as the dialogue- perhaps even more important. I’d strongly reccomend REC. and Goodnight Mommy if you are ever interested in sitting through a horror/thriller movie with subtitles. Those are some of the most notable horror movies I’ve seen in general. Haven’t seen Veronica yet though but may have to give it a viewing now.

Watched American Werewolf in London today, I never really got into werewolf movies in the past but I loved this movie and enjoyed the satire featured throughout. I can see why it is such a classic.

Top Bottom