• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don't want this to be an argument, let's refrain from words like "You're also putting way too much stock into this." As that can be taken a little mean...ish? To someone who analyzes stories and even a writer :p So of course I over analyze things. It's kind of my thing *wink wink* :p

Anyhow back to the debate on hand :p I don't see how Mystique was hinted to be their leader. Yes, they all looked up to her because of the events in Days to Future Past. This much is very clear. What I saw was Mystique training them, it was shown a little more boot camp style imho. Part of the reason I believe that is because they are all fresh and as green as they can get. Training them in the Danger Room shows her more of a teacher than a leader. They look up to her and that makes her the perfect person to teach them to become X-Men. I felt that Cyclops's story was leading up to him taking over a leadership position, quite naturally to be precise. No pun intended xD When he spoke people naturally responded, gravitated to him. To me it was his character development that shows all roads leading to this. As for Mystique. She never really was an "X-Men" in the movie. She walked that middle ground, she distance herself from the X-Men because of her beliefs. She's admired because of them, but it also shows that she has a darkside as well. Something that these new "Greenies" haven't seen yet. Her relationship with Professor X is very close and he sees her as a sister, so he forgives her for her mistakes. There are many people that look up to Magneto, and Mystique is one of those people.

It's quite clear that it's different from the comics. There isn't really much to argue otherwise :p

I feel like we need to assume that Mystique will not be Nightcrawler's mom in the movies for a number of reasons. One of them being age. It would be very weird and if it does occur. It'll likely be a mistake on the writers part. Or Mystique is older than we previously thought (unlikely) or has a much darker past than we were lead to believe.

As for Cable and Cyclops not being related. This is a very good point. It can go either way, we don't know. Given that time travel is a huge plot point in the films. It could very still he is son. Depending on how they connect that or how it's portrayed. It may very well just be dropped as an Easter egg. There is no hints or anything to suggest either or, but there is an opening there and they could reveal that he is his son at any time. Even if it's years down the road.

While we don't know anything about Wolverine other than Hugh Jackman claims it's his "Last movie". Something he said before, and that Patrick Stewart will return as Professor X. It's also rumored to be the "Old Man Logan's" story arch, as I am sure you are well versed on this rumor :p It's also rumored that Liev Schreiber will be returning as Sabertooth. I think this is very likely and Liev himself has suggested this. There is also a likely rumor that the movie will be "R" rated. I think this might occur and Hugh Jackman wanted "The Wolverine" to be rated R.
Hugh Jackmans set pictures certinatly line up wit the "Old Man Logan" rumors. http://www.lazygamer.net/entertainment/first-wolverine-3-set-pics-show-old-hugh-jackman/

I don't think that Mr Sinister will be having a large role in this movie other than something more or less Weapon X related. It's very likely that Laura Kinney, aka X-23 will be making an appearance in some form, as I suggested before. It seems like an obvious route and she has potential. I just hope they give her a lot of depth to her character than just being some clone of Logan.

Then there comes the ultimate rumor. The one that has been demanded by many fans (most requested villain I believe) is debatably Wolverine's greatest rival and adversary. The perfect send off for a Wolverine film. The would be none other than Omega Red. The rumor is that Boyd Holbrook may be playing Arkady Rossovich. With the rumors of the villains being "Cybernetic". His cybernetic implants certainly fit the bill. Last but not least. Omega Red can drain the life force out of his victims. What would be a better way to have Logan himself look aged and drained. Given the way Wolverine is presented in the films. I cannot think of a better way for Logan to become Old Man Logan other than getting the life drained out of him. I know the original X-Men isn't cannon now, and I can't recall at the moment, but didn't Rouge drain him when they kissed? I think Omega Red would be the most interesting and most intensive villain they could use. A true send off for the fans and Hugh Jackman himself.

As far as this whole who's leader thing goes, I hope this clears it up for you.

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Wolverine-Original-Role-X-Men-Apocalypse-Why-It-Changed-133987.html

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just saw The Conjuring 2 last weekend. It was really intense, much moreso than the first. While I prefer the first one in terms of plot, it was an enjoyable flick and a quality horror sequel, which are a rarity nowadays.

Anyways, I'm currently watching 10 Cloverfield Lane. John Goodman was so good in this, he makes it worthy of a Blu-Ray purchase just in his performance alone. Oh, and you can never go wrong with MEW.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
A couple of hours ago I watched The Return of the King again, this time on TV.
The final scenes where some members of the brotherhood, including Gandalf and Frodo, enter the boat is so terrible sad. There's nothing so sad as saying goodbye forever. :(

I'm not sure how much or how little appropriate the lyrics of The Power of Good-Bye is right here, but it's the best song with a "good-bye" theme I can think of.

Another film:
After The Return of the King, I watched another TV film, Resident EVil: Retribution. I kind of liked it, but I think they should have not broken the laws of physics as much. Those laws applies to everybody and everything: Man, machine and anything in between. I can accept super-human strength, but Jill still has the mass of a human, she doesn't weigh 5 tons and should not send another person flying without flying in the opposite direction herself.

But it's nice to see Leon, Ada, Jill, Albert, Carlos and Barry in the same film. And Ada was perfect. <3 (Ada is always perfect.)

LOL, in the helicopter at the end, Leon put his hand on Ada's knee, and Ada's reaction was quite funny. She said nothing, looked up in the air and removed Leon's hand. Her facial expression was.... I can't describe it. Lol!

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Watched good Gmod RE 3 parody but not giving for now link since its well for mature audience, but still it maded me LOl loudly.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
The night manager. Great 6-episode miniseries with Hugh Laurie as the villain. It plays out much like a James Bond movie.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I finally watch "Sense 8". It's really good and it's done by the brilliant Wachowski brothers... sisters . So yes, it's both an emotional and acomplicated Drama with tons of awesome messages. The entire show revolves around 8 people interacting with each other and help each other out through terrible situations. The catch is that none of them, except two of them meet each other physically. They are all linked in ways that I don't want to spoil. The first episode is meh but then it gets really good. I can't wait for season 2.

Basically a taste of the characters who interact with each other (won't spoil any thing), and stuff you'll find out from the get go

- A Cop who wants to do the right thing
- An African boy supporting his mother in Africa
- An Actor
- An Asian martial artist and zen master
- A DJ who is caught up with the wrong people
- A transgender hacker
- A man with a trouble past and father issues
- An Indian woman who is to marry a man

It's a really good show and I just finished watching it. For the first time ever the Wachowski actually was able to pull off some humor and funny jokes. Even if a lot of it was NOT meant to be funny.

I won't lie. The last episode has one of the best heist like scenarios I've ever seen.

sense8_by_nottisweettoothi-d9bj5lf.gif

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I admit I'm watching Big Brother. James is one of my favourite BB players ever, I'm happy he's back. Last season was definitely my favourite, it had my top three favourite players (Steve, James, and John).

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
LMAO! I almost throw up from laughing. I'm watching a TV program, I think it's called "Top 20 biggest boozers" or something similar.
At a hotel at Mardi Gras, a camera in an elevator room shows 4 wasted, middle aged fat people, one of the women is so drunk that the other three steals an empty luggage cart and load the most drunken woman onto it. The least drunk of the four leave the other three behind. One woman is too drunk to sit, and the two who tries to help her to her room are too drunk to stand upright. They struggle, fall and lie on the floor in between attempts. They are in a little room with access to a couple of elevators, and they stumble all over the place. An elevator door opens, they walk/fall/roll into the elevator, and less than 1 second after it closes, a hotel security guard enter the room from the other door.

Another very drunk man demonstrates why you should never drink and drive. He works at a car dealer, and he is drunk at work. He enters his own car, drives up to the bumper of a van and floors it. The van is pushed back a few feet, and he burn rubber. Who owned the van? His boss.... He was tired of working there.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Just finished watching Sniper Kat Six Stream RE4 and RE5.

I caught one of her Resident Evil 4 streams quite a while back and damn was it hard to watch. She complained about running low on ammunition and health but with the way she was playing it was no wonder. I can't imagine ever playing so recklessly. It was like having OCD.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I caught one of her Resident Evil 4 streams quite a while back and damn was it hard to watch. She complained about running low on ammunition and health but with the way she was playing it was no wonder. I can't imagine ever playing so recklessly. It was like having OCD.

Oh she have changed. and her skills have improved a lot.

Top Bottom