• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
@BioLence Yeah, sorry about that. There was an issue with the database which has since been corrected, but it's meant that any posts that were made during --approximately -- a 12-hour window yesterday were wiped. It's a pain, but we'll bounce back.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
IT. IS. DONE.
I FINISHED THIS WHOLE DAMN GAME AFTER KILLING EVERY MERCHANT I MET.

20180329_222150.jpg

(I'm missing my shotgun because I dropped it to pick up the Super Rocket Launcher to defeat Saddler)
20180329_222030.jpg

Make every shot count, kids

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Meh... I'm tired of feeling angry about it and trying to feel some optimism for the series. They're obviously still working on REmake 2 so there's that. I just hope that they learn what worked and what didn't work from RE7 and continue on/wrap things up with the original characters.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Over the course of about 24 hours, I've beaten Resident Evil 4 on Wii, then GameCube, then XBOX.
And then I tried finishing, for the umpteenth time, the PlayStation 2 version. Since I can sleep through every other version out there

Ugh. UGH. It's so awkward to control, the analog stick has no nudges on it, the buttons are all wrong and the game looks like crap... (even playing in Progressive scan, it's impossible to see make out what's in the distance sometimes)

Screw this, I'm going to watch Jake fumble his way through it instead.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I really have a strong urge to go back and replay Resident Evil 5 for some reason...

But then again, it's my day off. Maybe I'll just go back to sleep.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
The AI in Outbreak file 2 is really horrible and noisy, i liked the AI in outbreak file 1 more

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So after bae and I finished Resident Evil 6, we started in on Resident Evil 5 - cause I totally didn't know you could local co-op with that game until he asked and I checked into it.

I gotta say, my perception of both 5 and 6 is completely different now from when I first played them! I appreciate so many things about Resident Evil 6 - though I still hate Helena and I'm still not in fond of Piers or Ada either. I enjoy Leon's campaign a lot more now and I feel like I can even stand Leon a little bit now.

Or maybe not, you know I'll have to think long and hard about that one.

I like Resident Evil 5 a lot more as a game now too. I still think the original concept would've been better and it still bugs me a bit that Sheva killed Wesker with Chris instead of Jill but I look at it a lot differently now.

I feel like Jill taking a backseat on that last shot at Wesker was symbolic in that it could possibly mean that Jill is ready to retire.

Could be the reason we didn't hear anything about her in Resident Evil 6...

And as I stated in another thread, I view Sheva differently now too.

Does her AI still suck a little worse than everyone else's? Yeah.

Does she still feel like a token? Yeah.

Does her indecision in the third chapter still irk me? Hell yeah.

But I feel a little more endeared to her now. I'm actually getting the feeling during my current playthrough that she's sorta looking up to Chris during this mission. She's only twenty three and even though she doesn't seem like a complete rookie I get the feeling, especially in chapter three, that she's a little green and is looking to Chris for guidance.

Kinda like Piers only better.

I also get the feeling that Jill let her take the reins at the end in a "passing the torch" kinda way. (Another reason I feel like Jill is retired somewhere.) And a small part of me feels as though Capcom would've possibly considered bringing Sheva back if fan reaction to her had been better.

Maybe not back in a series main capacity, or even a playable character capacity but as a cameo or downloadable content.

I think Resident Evil 6 mentioning her via document was testing the waters to see if fans had warmed up to her but then they decided to go in such a completely different direction for Resident Evil 7 that it didn't matter.
I mean why else would they go out of their way to mention her at all? Think of all the characters we've never heard from again. Why would Capcom take time to even mention her given their graveyard of one-offs if they weren't thinking of her possibly returning?

But, then again, I could be way off base.

On a side note; I'm obviously enjoying revisiting these two titles with my baby. It's nice to break out the game system and play together.

Cure Zombrex

I'm really hoping we get something at E3 next month, but something productive that will have us fans talking about it for months. Like it better not just be a 15 second lame video with nothing shown except buildings, or fire, then we get the Resident Evil 2 title flashing by, followed by a loud cheer. No! Capcom is to the stage now where they need to start showing us what they've been working on. Lest we end up abandoning all hope for this game. They should show us a trailer, or yes, even footage of the game, because that's what fans want to see now, since they announced this game 3 years ago and not a thing has surfaced since. Well, not much relating to the actual game anyway.

mjk321

So after bae and I finished Resident Evil 6, we started in on Resident Evil 5 - cause I totally didn't know you could local co-op with that game until he asked and I checked into it.

I gotta say, my perception of both 5 and 6 is completely different now from when I first played them! I appreciate so many things about Resident Evil 6 - though I still hate Helena and I'm still not in fond of Piers or Ada either. I enjoy Leon's campaign a lot more now and I feel like I can even stand Leon a little bit now.

Or maybe not, you know I'll have to think long and hard about that one.

I like Resident Evil 5 a lot more as a game now too. I still think the original concept would've been better and it still bugs me a bit that Sheva killed Wesker with Chris instead of Jill but I look at it a lot differently now.

I feel like Jill taking a backseat on that last shot at Wesker was symbolic in that it could possibly mean that Jill is ready to retire.

Could be the reason we didn't hear anything about her in Resident Evil 6...

And as I stated in another thread, I view Sheva differently now too.

Does her AI still suck a little worse than everyone else's? Yeah.

Does she still feel like a token? Yeah.

Does her indecision in the third chapter still irk me? Hell yeah.

But I feel a little more endeared to her now. I'm actually getting the feeling during my current playthrough that she's sorta looking up to Chris during this mission. She's only twenty three and even though she doesn't seem like a complete rookie I get the feeling, especially in chapter three, that she's a little green and is looking to Chris for guidance.

Kinda like Piers only better.

I also get the feeling that Jill let her take the reins at the end in a "passing the torch" kinda way. (Another reason I feel like Jill is retired somewhere.) And a small part of me feels as though Capcom would've possibly considered bringing Sheva back if fan reaction to her had been better.

Maybe not back in a series main capacity, or even a playable character capacity but as a cameo or downloadable content.

I think Resident Evil 6 mentioning her via document was testing the waters to see if fans had warmed up to her but then they decided to go in such a completely different direction for Resident Evil 7 that it didn't matter.
I mean why else would they go out of their way to mention her at all? Think of all the characters we've never heard from again. Why would Capcom take time to even mention her given their graveyard of one-offs if they weren't thinking of her possibly returning?

But, then again, I could be way off base.

On a side note; I'm obviously enjoying revisiting these two titles with my baby. It's nice to break out the game system and play together.
you wont appreciate RE5 until you pull off a Haymaker. :)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'm really hoping we get something at E3 next month, but something productive that will have us fans talking about it for months. Like it better not just be a 15 second lame video with nothing shown except buildings, or fire, then we get the Resident Evil 2 title flashing by, followed by a loud cheer. No! Capcom is to the stage now where they need to start showing us what they've been working on. Lest we end up abandoning all hope for this game. They should show us a trailer, or yes, even footage of the game, because that's what fans want to see now, since they announced this game 3 years ago and not a thing has surfaced since. Well, not much relating to the actual game anyway.

Yeah it’s a bit concerning with how quiet things have been for the series as a whole. There’s no word on an RE8 or Revelations 3 and we’ve got nothing on the REmake 2 despite the announcement a few years ago.

Top Bottom