• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

mjk321

rewatching another let's play of RE7, and I always think the same thing "Zoe's accent is weird, tries to be southern but it goes in and out a lot". did anybody notice that or is it just me? btw I LOVE JACK (his accent just ... perfect), 2nd best villain after Albert Wesker

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I wish that we could have a surprise announcement of Revelations 3 at E3. It's not going to happen, I know, but I really miss being hyped over a Resident Evil game and it feels like I haven't been able to feel that in forever.

Cure Zombrex

I finished Revelations 2 yesterday. What a great game. I started 'The Struggle' as well. :lol:

But Evgeny gets Moira's name wrong. :redface:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I've replayed it many, many, many times, but I still firmly believe that RE0 is the weakest of the Fixed Camera Era, and a wholly unnecessary prequel. IMO.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I've replayed it many, many, many times, but I still firmly believe that RE0 is the weakest of the Fixed Camera Era, and a wholly unnecessary prequel. IMO.

Not to mention it ruined Rebecca Chambers' character in RE1/REmake. You'd think she'd be a little more hardened than that after already experiencing the bio-terror threats in the Arklay Mountains, but yet she was as petrified and unprepared as the S.T.A.R.S. rookies were.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I was browsing the internet looking for a copy of Code Veronica to buy, purely to add to my collection. I own the remaster on PS4, but I kind of want to complete the collection on the old consoles. I almost, almost bought a copy, but changed my mind because I've spent a hell of a lot this month and need to calm down.

Then, I was on the phone to a friend in my room, and just started looking at my shelves, and guess what title I see? Resident Evil: Code Veronica X for PS2. I'm probably still gonna buy a Gamecube version, but still, I can't remember buying it secondhand on PS2.

I got a really good price for it, though. £3, bargain. :p

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm probably still gonna buy a Gamecube version, but still

Code Veronica is the most expensive RE game for GameCube, so fair warning:
1bb699765301bb9f23e8b8823b1c7d1a.png

Anyway, I decided to continue playing Resident Evil 4 for XBOX One, since I stopped playing after finishing Chapter 1-1.
And oh my gaaaawwwwd, the is screwing with me so bad... Leon's laser sight bobbing up and down too fast, collectible items falling too fast, major slowdown during the El Gigante fight, weird text flashes in the tunnel, enemy damage fluctuating (I swear to you, one hit from an axe sapped all my life after a full heal no less than twice since starting tonight!!), Leon can't always turn while running, and the game doesn't always recognize all my button presses to cancel text (I noticed that from minute 1). I recall hearing similar complaints about Ultimate HD on Steam which I think was blamed on the game's 60 frames-per-second? Ho-lee.

Ultimate HD Edition can look as pretty as it wants with its high-res textures and 60 FPS, but if it doesn't perform well, then... just f*ck it. I'm going back to HD on 360.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just had an "interesting" discourse with another user on another forum I frequent that I thought I'd share with y'all. :biggrin:

LpwcSep.jpg

Not digging the sunglasses, though. Not only are they a needless change, but it makes ZERO sense to be wearing them in a dark precinct late at night. It's gonna come across as ridiculous no matter what her stated reasons are, which I actually heard someone say:

it's because she's blind

Lord help us if true. While I don't think that's the case (as this game is taking the original RE2's place in the timeline, rendering the foreplay between them in RE4-onwards moot), it's still gonna end up sounding preposterous. There is literally zero reason she should be wearing sunglasses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Add to that the fact that Ada is remarkably tall for an Asian woman... I mean, even though this friend of yours was probably joking, I actually like this theory... except for the masturbation part. That should be kept in private.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
The sunglasses are probably tactical. Like the flashbang ones she had in RE4. I mean, Darkside Chronicles gave her a lipstick grenade launcher, so who knows what spy gadgets she has now

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I've probably asked this question before, but do you think Chris has a fetish for shoulders in general, or is there just something special about Rebecca's? (Click Spoiler for evidence.)

20180930133330_113eqw.jpg

20180927201743_1d5dsv.jpg

20180927202538_1yzed9.jpg

20180930132800_1ebdfb.jpg

20180930133255_1x4ch9.jpg

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Sorry for the double post, but I discovered even more amusing stuff in my recent playthrough of REmake.

Immediately after you free the other player character from their cell, they will be armed with a basic handgun... which still makes some sense in Chris's case if Wesker somehow managed to subdue and imprison him without taking his gun (the power of seduction!), but Jill? Chris starts the game with only a knife, having lost his handgun on the way to the mansion, and when he returns from investigating the gunfire in the dining room, Jill is gone, her handgun lying on the floor for him to pick up. So if Chris is actually using Jill's pistol throughout the game, where the hell does that other pistol come from that she uses if you free her? :confused: Maybe Wesker had a heart after all and figured she'd need protection from any spiders or bugs roaming the cell, so he gave her another handgun...

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Sorry for the double post, but I discovered even more amusing stuff in my recent playthrough of REmake.

Immediately after you free the other player character from their cell, they will be armed with a basic handgun... which still makes some sense in Chris's case if Wesker somehow managed to subdue and imprison him without taking his gun (the power of seduction!), but Jill? Chris starts the game with only a knife, having lost his handgun on the way to the mansion, and when he returns from investigating the gunfire in the dining room, Jill is gone, her handgun lying on the floor for him to pick up. So if Chris is actually using Jill's pistol throughout the game, where the hell does that other pistol come from that she uses if you free her? :confused: Maybe Wesker had a heart after all and figured she'd need protection from any spiders or bugs roaming the cell, so he gave her another handgun...

Since Chris has 2 shotguns and a magnum at this point, its not unreasonable to assume he gives her the handgun back :p

On a semi-related note, I was playing REmake as Chris yesterday and my mom was watching me.

Me: I have to go get Richard the serum so he won't die from the snake venom.
my mom: Eh, f*ck him

I love my mom :lol:

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
That would make sense, of course, but it's still weird if Chris is still using the handgun himself at that point, and suddenly Jill has one, too. :confused:

Does your mother not like poor Richard? :cry:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
That would make sense, of course, but it's still weird if Chris is still using the handgun himself at that point, and suddenly Jill has one, too. :confused:

Does your mother not like poor Richard? :cry:

Hand guns for days.

Haha, I guess not.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I’m thinking...as much as I don’t want to wish my year away, goddamn I wish I was playing re2 remake right now.

Top Bottom